Webkinz Insider Forum Rules
From Webkinz Insider Wiki
We're glad to have you here!
We feel these guidelines will be useful for the Mods in terms of managing the forums, but just as importantly, we hope they provide users a point of reference with which to understand the basic nature of WI and also to gauge why a post may have been moderated. The ultimate aim of it all though is to enable you to ENJOY contributing to WI and for others to ENJOY your contributions.
What is set out below is not an absolute set of rules and regulations. It will be necessary at times to moderate posts for reasons that are not outlined below.
Things deemed to be totally unacceptable:
- Posting Personal Information (last name, age, city, school, phone number, etc)
- Posting Personal Pictures (or pictures of friends, family, etc, anyone who is not a celebrity)
- Sharing e-mail addresses, Wii Friend codes or You Tube links.
- Attempting to discuss trades outside of the Gift Exchange area (see note below)
- Pornographic material
- Overt personal abuse or threats to other posters or staff
- Swearing (There are kidz here for Heaven's Sake!)
- Harassment of other users or posting anything which would invade their privacy
- Spam (including Chain Letters)
- Commercial advertising
- Registering and using duplicate accounts after being banned or for any reason.
- Creating fake news or doctoring of images.
- All other breaches of the basic Forum Terms & Conditions in place at your time of registration or at any time during your membership of WI.
Note The ONLY trade discussion allowed on Webkinz Insider is what takes place inside of the Gift Exchange area. This rule applies to all WI members. The addition of the new Trade Rooms in Webkinz World has not changed this rule. If you are interested in participating in our Gift Exchange area, please check out the Webkinz Insider Official Gift Exchange Information thread, located here: ~~ WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information~~
Also, no discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider.
Things we'd rather you not do:
- Creating duplicate threads Before starting a new thread use the search feature to check that the subject of your intended post is not already covered by an existing thread. Post to existing threads wherever possible.
- Starting threads in the wrong forum We believe the board descriptions on the index page are fairly self explanatory, but feel to ask a mod if you aren't sure.
- Using 'Text Speak' in your posts Please take the time to write replies in English.
- Posting entirely in capital letters Please do not post the subject or content of your posts entirely in capital letters. It scares us.
- Being rude to fellow members You don't like being called names or pushed around, please treat others as you would like them to treat you!
- Thread domination Do not try to bully someone into submission or disparage every comment they make, simply because their views may differ from your own. Write a coherent reply setting out your views and then let others have their say.
- Anonymous Sourcing If you copy and paste an article, piece of news or rumor to the forum please include a link to the original website source or explain where and the context of how you heard the story.
- Putting your trade list in your signature/profile Trading is only meant to be done in the Gift Exchange and within your own thread. By putting your trade list in your profile, you are advertising your items for trade outside of the Gift Exchange and in other people's threads which are both against the rules of the Gift Exchange.
Nor may you ask for items , be it in a thread, avatar, or signature in the open forum.
- Talking about or asking about banned members Bannings are between the member and the staff
- No RED or BLUE ink This is reserved for the moderators and admin to edit posts
- Do not remove any Moderated posts made by staff members.
- Abusing the REP system by giving random REP will result in loss in ability to give it
- No bumping outside the Gift Exchange.
What to expect in terms of moderation
If you ignore any of the ABSOLUTELY NOT rules, you'll be moderated in one of the following ways:
- Temporary or Full access ban.
- Temporary posting ban.
If you ignore any of the Guidelines, in the first instance you'll be notified by a moderator, who will let you know what it is they deemed to be inappropriate. Your post(s) are also likely to be edited/deleted or merged with others.
If you continue to ignore the Guidelines, you'll will find yourself being moderated in the same manner as if you violated one of the ABSOLUTELY NOT rules.
The above may also apply to posts reported to us via the 'Report To Moderator' feature.
What you can expect from us
- Where possible/applicable, new users will be given a polite pointer to these guidelines if we deem it necessary.
- An explanation as to why you have been temporarily/permanently banned/had posting rights removed.
- We won't notify people of every little modification/deletion/merging activity.
Please note: This is an active online community. As such, it may be necessary for us to amend the posting guidelines from time to time to reflect the changes to the site and its users.
Also, we reserve the right to edit or remove any content we determine to be inappropriate including, but not limited to, posts, avatars, signatures, attachments, embedded pictures, links, etc.
Regards, WI Admin.