From Webkinz Insider Wiki
DiceKinz was a feature in Webkinz World that allowed you to play against either your friends or a computer opponent.
DiceKinz was retired by Ganz on June 6th, 2012. However, players are able to access Dicekinz by clicking the Dicekinz ad that appears during certain Daily Activities.
Any member whose account contained Dicekinz dice was awarded a Dicekinz Trophy upon their first login on or after June 6th.
You could use basic dice that are already in the game or you could buy your own dice at the W Shop. You could buy starter packs or booster packs. Pet specific "Pet Packs" were once available in the W-Shop as well. To make a dice pack available in the game, you had to drag it from your dock into your room like you would with furniture.
How to Play
The object of the game was to make it to the finish line before your opponent. This game could be played with 1 player (Computer opponent was randomly selected to play you, see below) or 2 players (An option that allowed you to invite a friend to play). Before the game started, you had the option of choosing which dice you wished to use during gameplay. You were allowed a total of 6 dice per game but you could collect as many dice as possible for your dice collection. In the beginning of a DiceKinz game, either you or your opponent rolled the dice. This was called the Roll Phase. Next came the Jostle Phase which took place immediately after the Roll Phase.
In the Jostle Phase, players took turns and used action dice to try to remove as many run dice as possible from the opponent's pack. You did this by selecting which Action dice you wanted to use and dragging it into the 'Action' box.
You also dragged which die you want the Action to affect into the 'Target' box.
Once you were satisfied with your selection, you pressed the 'Ready' button. You also tried to protect your own run dice using defense dice (for a complete list of Dicekinz dice, see the "Types of Dice" section below). The 'Defense' box worked the same as the 'Action' box except that you dragged Defense dice into the box rather than Action dice.
The ultimate goal of the Jostle Phase was to get rid of your opponent's Run Dice while protecting your own at the same time. Players used their dice back and forth like this until no moves are left. Once both players could not make any more moves, the Run Phase begins.
In the Run Phase, the players moved however many spaces they had in Run Dice numbers. Whoever made it to the finish line first won. If both players got to the finish line at the same time, the player with the highest score won.
If you ever encountered a die that you wanted to save for the next turn, you could drag it into the Lock. By doing this, the die could not be removed from your hand. When you locked a die it was automatically saved and could be reused the next round. It could not be used during the current round if it was in the Lock.
Players had to be very careful when handling dice near the Lock as it could get stuck easily. Once a die is in the Lock, there was no way to remove it until the next turn.
If you hadn't opened a pack of Dicekinz dice yet, you would encounter a bunch of random opponents that all used the same blue dice. However, if you had opened your own pack of Dicekinz dice, you would have a limited total of 12 different opponents to battle in the game. Of these opponents you had:
- Barkley the Lil Cocker Spaniel: Dice used were picked by the computer at random
- Bullet the Unicorn: Dice used were picked by the computer at random
- Delicat the Gold and White Cat: Dice used were picked by the computer at random
- Devon the Black Bear: 2 Black Bear Dice (Red and Blue), One Chihuahua Die (Green), One Lion Die (Blue), One Cow Die (Green), One Unicorn Die (Blue)
- Jumper the Rabbit: 3 Rabbit Dice (2 Blue and one Red), One Elephant Die (Blue), One Cheeky Cat Die (Yellow), One Cheeky Dog Die (Green)
- Melvin the Elephant: 3 Elephant Dice (2 Green and one Red), One Cocker Spaniel Die (Blue), One Frog Die (Blue), One Gray and White Cat Die (Blue)
- Puffball the Tiger: One Tiger Die (Red), One Cheeky Cat Die (Green), One Black and White Cat Die (Green), One Rabbit Die (Blue), One Lion Die (Blue), One Gold and White Cat Die (Blue)
- Rainbow the Pegasus: One Pegasus Die (Yellow), One Pink Poodle Die (Yellow), One White Terrier Die (Blue), One Horse Die (Blue), One Alley Cat Die (Green), One Cheeky Monkey Die (Red)
- Sandy the Golden Retriever: One Golden Retriever Die (Blue), 2 Cocker Spaniel Dice (Both Yellow), One Chihuahua Die (Blue), One Basset Hound Die (Yellow), One St. Bernard Die (Green)
- Screech the Monkey: 4 Monkey Dice (Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green), One Lion Die (Green), One Golden Retriever Die (Yellow)
- Stompy the St. Bernard: Dice used is picked by the computer at random
- Veronica the Gray and White Cat: Dice used is picked by the computer at random
To learn more about these opponents and their dice, visit this thread on Webkinz Insider: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f210/dicekinz-guide-know-your-dicekinz-opponents-543428/
Types of Dice
All players could purchase these packs at the W Shop.
DiceKinz Starter Pack
DiceKinz Booster Pack
DiceKinz Series 2 Booster Pack
Trading Card Prize
This pack is a Trading Card prize. It cannot be traded or sent by KinzPost.
DiceKinz Zingoz Pack
Only the owner of a certain pet could purchase that pet's "Pet Pack" in the W Shop. Not all pets have their own Pet Pack. Pet Packs were only created for the early Webkinz World pets. These Packs CAN be traded and sent by KinzPost.
NOTE: On March 30, 2011, all of the Pet Packs except the Koala's were removed from the wShop.
DiceKinz Alley Cat Pet Pack
DiceKinz B & W Cat Pet Pack
DiceKinz Basset Hound Pet Pack
DiceKinz Black Bear Pet Pack
DiceKinz Black Lab Pet Pack
DiceKinz Bulldog Pet Pack
DiceKinz Bullfrog Pet Pack
DiceKinz Cheeky Cat Pet Pack
DiceKinz Cheeky Dog Pet Pack
DiceKinz Cheeky Monkey Pet Pack
DiceKinz Chihuahua Pet Pack
DiceKinz Cocker Spaniel Pet Pack
DiceKinz Cow Pet Pack
DiceKinz Elephant Pet Pack
DiceKinz Frog Pet Pack
DiceKinz G & W Cat Pet Pack
DiceKinz Googles Pet Pack
DiceKinz Gorilla Pet Pack
DiceKinz Gr & W Cat Pet Pack
DiceKinz Hippo Pet Pack
DiceKinz Horse Pet Pack
DiceKinz Koala PetPack
DiceKinz Leopard Pet Pack
DiceKinz Lion Pet Pack
DiceKinz Monkey Pet Pack
DiceKinz Panda Pet Pack
DiceKinz Pegasus Pet Pack
DiceKinz Persian Cat Pet Pack
DiceKinz Pig Pet Pack
DiceKinz Pink Pony Pet Pack
DiceKinz Pink Poodle Pet Pack
DiceKinz Polar Bear Pet Pack
DiceKinz Poodle Pet Pack
DiceKinz Pug Pet Pack
DiceKinz Rabbit Pet Pack
DiceKinz Retriever Pet Pack
DiceKinz St. Bernard Pet Pack
DiceKinz Tiger Pet Pack
DiceKinz Tree Frog Pet Pack
DiceKinz Unicorn Pet Pack
DiceKinz White Terrier Pet Pack
DiceKinz Yorkie Pet Pack
- ↑ The Koala PetPack is the only one that does not have a space between the word "Pet" and the word "Pack".