From Webkinz Insider Wiki
Communal Contests were cooperative games in Webkinz World in which members worked together towards a common goal. They were introduced to the website on February 22, 2010.
This feature was removed in May 2011.
Ganz introduced Communal Contests in an effort to improve the community aspect of Webkinz World. The contests can include any member and are designed to let everyone vote for prizes and participate in the contests weekly. Around the same time the Contests were introduced, the Kinzville Park's "Clean Up the Park" feature was created as another way to get members more interactive with each other.
There are three stages to the contests. First, members vote on a prize that they would like to compete for. These prizes can range from W Shop items, to KinzCash. After the voting stage, the prize with the highest percentage of votes is chosen and members will be able to compete for the prize that weekend. The full schedule is as follows:
Receiving Your Prize
Originally, the Communal Contests worked so that anyone who voted during the week would receive a prize if the goal was reached. However, now a member must participate in the challenge by playing the game during the weekend in order to win a prize if the goal is reached.
- The prize is received if:
- A member votes for a prize and also plays the game before the goal is reached.
- A member does not vote for a prize, but clicks the "Enter" button on the weekend and then plays the game before the goal is reached.
- A member votes for a prize and plays the game AFTER the goal is reached, but before the weekend is over.
- The prize is NOT received if:
- A member does not play the game during the weekend.
- A member does not vote for a prize, then plays the game without clicking the "Enter" button.
- A member does not vote for a prize, and then clicks the "Enter" button and plays the game AFTER the goal is reached but before the weekend is over.
There are no Communal Contests after May 2011.