Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Wiki Discussion

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2015, 10:39 PM   #11
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

R3dRulez has disabled reputation

Default Re: Wiki Page for each WW Pet

View Post Originally Posted by hoodedwarbler13
So I don't really have time to participate but I have an idea for how to make this feasible. Once a template is set up and all that, if you could get a group of people interested in helping, and then get a list of all the pets, and then divide the list into alphabetical groups and give each person a certain group of pets to make the page for.
I was thinking just starting at the bottom of the Full List of All Webkinz Pets and working our way up.

And I'm so sorry my exams are so soon so I can hardly think about this project (I'm terrible with time management so I gotta try my best to focus), if someone has any ideas for templates or some form of organization I'd love to see it
R3dRulez is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2015, 02:19 AM   #12
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness
dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness

User:Dancerchick914/Webkinz Pet Template - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I decided to try to put something together. Need to work on the formatting some (pretty obviously, haha), but I feel like it's a good starting place.

Anyone is more than welcome to edit this subset of my user page, as well as the templates I created for the page.

(If someone could figure out how to either center the top template or maybe get the Sweet Elephant template to display to the left of it, I'd be SO grateful!! It's going on 1:20am and my brain is fried!)
dancerchick914 is offline Female
Old 01-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #13
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Looks great Michele!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for taking a stab at it - I think once a template is formed, the rest will happen relatively easily . . .I hope anyway - I don't know how to change the things you want to change.

You might be able to find some ideas here? (Maybe you already looked there!)

Most linked-to templates - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I was wondering if we could add a "trivia" or "Fast Facts" section that would allow us to add info that doesn't fit other places? (Feel free to argue against that as well )
curiousg is offline Female
Old 01-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #14
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
Looks great Michele!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for taking a stab at it - I think once a template is formed, the rest will happen relatively easily. . .I hope anyway - I don't know how to change the things you want to change.

I was wondering if we could add a "trivia" or "Fast Facts" section that would allow us to add info that doesn't fit other places? (Feel free to argue against that as well )
Oh yes, I've looked over those countless times lol.

At the moment, I can't think of anything that would be put in a trivia section, except maybe if the pet has been a POTM, which could easily be added to the Webkinz Pet template I created.

If there are things to go in a trivia section, though, I'm all for it.

I also just added the "Elephant Items" from the collection page to the Sweet Elephant Page, though if we have a section for Related Links, we could just put the link to the Elephant Items Collection there.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #15
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by dancerchick914

At the moment, I can't think of anything that would be put in a trivia section, except maybe if the pet has been a POTM, which could easily be added to the Webkinz Pet template I created.

I also just added the "Elephant Items" from the collection page to the Sweet Elephant Page, though if we have a section for Related Links, we could just put the link to the Elephant Items Collection there.
There are a handful of pets that have strange histories:

Hopping Bunny
Chillaxin Penguin
Signature pets that returned to the estore
etc.

maybe too retirement dates could go in the trivia/fast facts section.

But it may be that so few pets need the extra info (and I know it is all elsewhere) that it is not necessary.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

Hopping Bunny
Chillaxin Penguin
etc.

But it may be that so few pets need the extra info (and I know it is all elsewhere) that it is not necessary.
That's true, though I feel like that's something we could maybe just add on an as needed basis.

I added Retirement Date to the Webkinz Pet Template, had meant to have that in there!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #17
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

R3dRulez has disabled reputation

User:Dancerchick914/Webkinz Pet Template - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I decided to try to put something together. Need to work on the formatting some (pretty obviously, haha), but I feel like it's a good starting place.

Anyone is more than welcome to edit this subset of my user page, as well as the templates I created for the page.

(If someone could figure out how to either center the top template or maybe get the Sweet Elephant template to display to the left of it, I'd be SO grateful!! It's going on 1:20am and my brain is fried!)
Wow that's looking awesome! Thanks for all that effort that you put into it!

Looks great Michele!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for taking a stab at it - I think once a template is formed, the rest will happen relatively easily . . .I hope anyway - I don't know how to change the things you want to change.

I really like the idea of Fast Facts. We can include trivial things like:
*Times when it was pet of the month
*Times it may have been featured in a POTM video or other Webkinz made videos (Even as just a background character)
*If it the species of a certain character (Example, Salley is an Alley Cat)
*Details if it was a promotional pet (Example, came with every 1 year membership)

and whatever else we think would be relevant.

For the section about Webkinz elephants,
maybe we could include only a few "related" pets, so if someone is browsing and trying to remember the name of a pet they might find it through those links/images. Perhaps we can settle on a maximum (like 4 or 8 or whatever makes for a pretty page design)

And then perhaps any other related pages (like an Elephant Pets page and Elephant Items collection, and if it were applicable stuff like flying pets page and room theme made for the particular pet).
I'm kind of conflicted about the item collection section since I think it could be useful if someone is designing a pet-themed room, but it also makes the page look a bit messier and could lead to some pages being unusually long for the more popular pets.

Also, would it be beneficial to add categories like Flying Pet, Retired Pet, Signature Pet, etc or would that just be not worth the effort?

Hopping Bunny
Chillaxin Penguin
etc.

As in the earlier reply, I think that trivia/fast facts would be a good idea c:

That's true, though I feel like that's something we could maybe just add on an as needed basis.

I added Retirement Date to the Webkinz Pet Template, had meant to have that in there!
That's also true, we could just worry about adding to trivia as we go along and think of things to include. But maybe we could still include it in a template/base/WhateverIt'sCalled for the ease of keeping consistency?

And sorry for my poor grammar, I'll try to get better at it

Last edited by R3dRulez; 01-19-2015 at 06:47 PM..
R3dRulez is offline Female
Old 01-20-2015, 04:51 PM   #18
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

I think the pages would look better and be faster to make if you just linked to the Pet Collections and Collector's Pages instead of listing out all the items. Also updating would be much simpler.
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 02-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #19
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by hoodedwarbler13
I think the pages would look better and be faster to make if you just linked to the Pet Collections and Collector's Pages instead of listing out all the items. Also updating would be much simpler.

I am fine with leaving off the trivia! We can always add it later or sporadically on pages where it is appropriate.

I think we should definitely move forward with at least a simplified version of Michele's template. I don't have time to upload the animated pictures or the collections and I am worried that no one else does either - many of the emotions png's are already up so maybe those can stay, I am not sure? Michele, should we proceed with a more simplified template for the time being and link where we can as Hooded suggests?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #20
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

I am fine with leaving off the trivia! We can always add it later or sporadically on pages where it is appropriate.

I think we should definitely move forward with at least a simplified version of Michele's template. I don't have time to upload the animated pictures or the collections and I am worried that no one else does either - many of the emotions png's are already up so maybe those can stay, I am not sure? Michele, should we proceed with a more simplified template for the time being and link where we can as Hooded suggests?
If anyone wants to take a stab at editing the templates I created, they are more than welcome to. I don't have the time to do anything with them myself at current though.

I think that keeping the emotions on the page is a good idea, and as Hooded said just link to the Collector's Pages & Pet Collections.
Closed

Tags
googles always prevail, sayeth what?!?!?, shellbellgotsatag!, the delorean was here!, the tardis flew here