Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Wiki Discussion

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

R3dRulez has disabled reputation

Default Wiki Page for each WW Pet

Whenever I search up a Webkinz pet, it's kinda bothersome that I find it hard to get single page featuring all that I'm interested in the pet. I want to see the PSI and PSF and the plush form and online form, but I have to jump across several pages to get all this information.

What if each Webkinz pet gets their own page? This wouldddd be a pretty big change and require lots of edits everywhere, but I think it'd be overall for the better. I know old links in the Full List of All Webkinz Pets are connected to pet pages (example: Black and White Cat), but we'd probably have to replace those links with one to the pet.

These pages can all follow a basic structure (which I'm unsure about right now) and include the following information:
*Pet name
*Plush image
*Online images with various emotions & angles
*PSI image & name
*PSF image & name
*Description from their Kinzapedia/Collection Catalog page
*Item Number
*Type (Lil Kinz, Signature, etc)
*Release Month
*Status (retired, active, etc)
*See Also (links to pages relating to them such as POTM, birds and flying pets, etc)
*Related Links (Full List of All Webkinz Pets, WIGEV for PSIs and for PSFs, any other pages that also mention listed information)
*References (like for the description)

I think this would make the Wiki more useful for members and non-members alike. Thoughts?

View Post Originally Posted by dancerchick914
User:Dancerchick914/Webkinz Pet Template - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I decided to try to put something together. Need to work on the formatting some (pretty obviously, haha), but I feel like it's a good starting place.

Anyone is more than welcome to edit this subset of my user page, as well as the templates I created for the page.

(If someone could figure out how to either center the top template or maybe get the Sweet Elephant template to display to the left of it, I'd be SO grateful!! It's going on 1:20am and my brain is fried!)

Last edited by R3dRulez; 06-28-2015 at 09:48 PM..
R3dRulez is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #2
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Re: Wiki Page for each WW Pet

I really like this idea -and I hope that a sysop will weigh in on the idea - as I realize that it means a lot of new pages.

I find that I really don't even want to open the really huge pages anymore to edit them - I think I would be more inclined to edit & visit individual pages. I'm sure members might enjoy editing such pages too.

A nice template would make the pet pages consistent and orderly.
curiousg is offline Female
Old 12-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

Any additional input for this would be greatly appreciated as this would be a big change
Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
penguinxmas
Webkinz :)

penguinxmas is an unparalleled talent
penguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talentpenguinxmas is an unparalleled talent

This would surely take a huge amount of time and effort. I like the idea, though. I think if we got lots of members involved with the project, we could get it all created.
penguinxmas is offline Female
Old 01-02-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

If anyone else has anything to share on the idea, it'd be great to hear it
Old 01-04-2015, 02:36 AM   #6
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

Sorry I'm late! I'm supportive of just about any ideas if people think they could be useful, and it sounds to me like it would be. It's a lot of work, but the good news is that the information won't change much once the pages are set up. I would start with a template including just the pet name, online image, and PSI and PSF images, and maybe try adding the other stuff if the project doesn't seem too exhausting at that point. You can give it a try, anyway!
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 01-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #7
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
Sorry I'm late! I'm supportive of just about any ideas if people think they could be useful, and it sounds to me like it would be. It's a lot of work, but the good news is that the information won't change much once the pages are set up. I would start with a template including just the pet name, online image, and PSI and PSF images, and maybe try adding the other stuff if the project doesn't seem too exhausting at that point. You can give it a try, anyway!
Okay, sounds awesome :D
Old 01-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #8
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

Sorry I got backed up with some homework. I'll probably be able to get back to this project soon in maybe a couple of weeks
Old 01-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

This is a nice idea but it would take a lot of time and effort. Plus WKN already has something like this ("Kinzapedia"), and their search feature is very intuitive.
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 01-18-2015, 09:59 PM   #10
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

So I don't really have time to participate but I have an idea for how to make this feasible. Once a template is set up and all that, if you could get a group of people interested in helping, and then get a list of all the pets, and then divide the list into alphabetical groups and give each person a certain group of pets to make the page for.
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
googles always prevail, sayeth what?!?!?, shellbellgotsatag!, the delorean was here!, the tardis flew here