Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Wiki Discussion

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default What Happened to the Main Page? An explanation of the recent changes.

You may have noticed that the main page has undergone some changes in the past few days. In this thread I will try to explain why the changes were made and what to do if you are now lost when seeing the Main Page.

Why were the changes made?
The main reason why the SysOps decided that a new Main Page was needed was because the WIki has been growing at an ever increasing rate and the Main Page was quickly becoming out-dated and also very large and cumbersome. It is impossible to place links to all of the pages on the main page so a new plan had to be made. The former Main Page had remained relatively the same for a few months so it was determined that it was in desperate need for an overhaul.

What visual changes were made?
We decided that while we were making structural changes to the page we would make some visual changes as well to just make everything look brand new. These changes are of much significance and I am not going to waste time (and virtual paper) explaining the visual changes. For those of you who are interested here is a comparison picture of what the page looked like on May 24 and then what it looked like on May 25

Spoiler: show
Please Note: These pictures were taken in the Firefox 3 Web Browser. The page may display differently in other browsers or older versions of Firefox.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

What structural changes were made?

The main structural changes that were made involved the links. Many links were removed from the Main Page. These links were moved to Index Pages. An example of an Index Page is: Clubhouse Portal - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Some of these index pages are not visually finished but all the links that were removed from the Main Page can be found on one of these index pages. Below I have explained where they all went.
Events is WW
Pet Lists
Dressing Pets - That's Styling
Decorating Rooms
Entertainment
Clubhouse
The index pages are protected from editing as their receive a high volume of traffic. If you notice any mistakes on these pages or think something should be added or removed please contact a SysOp and we will consider the changes.

In addition to moving many of the links around the SysOps also re-organized the page a bit. You will notice that some of the content that was formerly under Webkinz World Info has been moved to Webkinz Pets. You will also notice that a new contests box has been created and has been placed next to the Featured Articles Box. This new contest box will display information about Webkinz World, Webkinz Newz, and Official WI Contests.

I am still confused!

If you have read this thread and still am confused about something post here and we will try and clear up your confusion.

-Yours, ClaraZ25 on behalf of the WIki Staff.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
cootie46
Webkinz :)

colliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wondercolliegal wows us all with wonder

Default Re: What Happened to the Main Page? An explanation of the recent changes.

Thanks a lot for the info. It is greatly appreciated.
colliegal is offline Female
Old 05-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Red
Gifted

GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!GuppyGirl101 is not just visiting!

Default Re: What Happened to the Main Page? An explanation of the recent changes.

I really like the new changes! It is a little more colorful and it is organized a lot better!
GuppyGirl101 is offline Female
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

much more organized! I love the color! Great Job!
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Thank You Clara!

View Post Originally Posted by GuppyGirl101
I really like the new changes! It is a little more colorful and it is organized a lot better!
View Post Originally Posted by pinky719
much more organized! I love the color! Great Job!
Thank you. Glad to hear we have achieved our goal
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Love the changes that our SysOps made (I had no part in it, so they deserve ALL of the credit) -- canonymous, ClaraZ25 and monkeecj -- and also a brilliant thread by Clara explaining this to all of our users!! Bravo!!
Justin is offline Male
Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

The changes are amazing! I love it!
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Love the changes that our SysOps made (I had no part in it, so they deserve ALL of the credit) -- canonymous, ClaraZ25 and monkeecj -- and also a brilliant thread by Clara explaining this to all of our users!! Bravo!!
I also have to give a round of applause to FIA she let us know her opinion and came up with some great ideas as well. It was a real team effort. Thank you Justin!
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 05-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
I also have to give a round of applause to FIA she let us know her opinion and came up with some great ideas as well. It was a real team effort. Thank you Justin!
Yes it was a team effort for sure

It was a lot of fun too. I learned a lot
Old 05-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
TUT
Webkinz :)

TUT has disabled reputation

Thank you Pat for this info, you are always so helpful.
Closed