Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Wiki Discussion

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default [HOW TO] WIki Basics

Click the image to open in full size. BASICS

INTRODUCTION-

I'm sure many of you have noticed that we have a new feature of our forum, the WIki. The WIki is a member created dictionary of Webkinz World that everyone on this forum can edit.

Special thanks to Canonymous, Cloud One, Justin, Redbear, and chapman12 for all their hard work on this project!

YOUR USER PAGE

To get started editing, go to the WIki home page, which is located here. WebkinzInsider Wiki

Next, click on your username, which will be in this shade of red if you haven't edited it yet.

Click the image to open in full size.

There are 6 tabs, user page, discussion, edit, history, move, and watch. I'll explain more about those later.

Click on the tab that says "edit", and you'll be able to edit your User Page. This page should only be used for testing your Wiki edits and work, or keeping notes for your work on the Wiki. It is not intended to be used as an "About Me" or profile page.

DO NOT use your user page to talk to others. This is for the discussion page, which I'll be explaining next.

YOUR DISCUSSION PAGE

YOUR DISCUSSION PAGE IS NOT TO BE USED FOR CHATTING. IF YOU'D LIKE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION NOT ABOUT THE WIKI PLEASE GO TO THE PERSON'S PROFILE ON THE FORUMS.

The discussion page is very important. It's used for a variety of things, like discussing whether or not something is true, or if anyone has any doubts about anything, this is the page where you'd ask.

The purple arrow points to where the discussion page tab is located. Click on it to see what others have been discussing. You can add a comment yourself if you have a question or comment about that particular page by editing it. On user pages, discussions are usually when people have to ask another about something they edited, or just to talk about the WIki. When you edit a discussion page, don't delete the other comments that others made, just make one underneath it.

The purple arrow points to the signature box. The signature will appear like this: --~~~~ and don't do anything to it. When you finish editing the discussion page and you click "Save", it will show up like this:

In your preferences, there is a setting in which you can change your signature display name. Please do NOT change it and leave it as it is. Your signature name should match your WI username so the WIki Sysops can easily contact you.

People will then know who is asking the question or who commented on the discussion page. There will be a link to your User Page when you use your signature. A timestamp is the time/date that you posted that message.

EDITING:
Editing is pretty simple. You can just add whatever you'd like to a page and click "Save Changes". There is more information on editing here: Help:Contents - WebkinzInsider Wiki

If you have any questions on how to do or use anything, please post on this thread.

WATCHING PAGES

Watching pages is basically like a subscription. To watch a page, there is an option on the last tab on each page. Next to your username, there are a bunch of options that are shortcuts to your profile pages. When you click on "my watchlist", you will be able to see all the pages you are watching and any edits that have been made since you edited it.

HISTORY
You probably have already noticed the "History" tab on many articles. That tab shows every edit that has ever been made to that article, by who, and when. You can click on the time (for example, 23:04 24 September, 2009) to see what the article looked like when it was changed. You can also see how far the article has come since it was first started if you look at the first edit that was made.

If you'd like to see the difference of a recent edit to the one you did before, there is an option to select two edits that have been made to see the difference. This part is a bit confusing so I'll explain it here.

First, select one edit that you'd like to see. Let's say that I'd like to see the previous two edits (that are not mine) on the "Significant Events in Webkinz World" article.

This is what it looks like now:

Next, select the first edit you'd like to see by another person. This edit is by canonymous, and it's already selected. But when you select Sweetee11's edit, the blue dot goes down to select Sweetee's. It now looks like this:

There is a purple arrow pointing to the two bubbles that are not filled in. Click on the second circle next to the edit by Canonymous, and now you'll be able to compare the two edits Canonymous and Sweetee made!

Thanks for reading! Hope you have fun editing the new WIki and remember to please try your best to edit pages as accurately as you can. If you have any questions, please post on this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 09-30-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: WIki Basics

Thanks Dogluver!!!
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Thanks for all your work, canon!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Wonderful guide, DL... lovely
ave is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks for all your work, canon!
Very welcome. I am sure this guide will help many of our members.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by ave
Wonderful guide, DL... lovely
Thanks ave

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
Very welcome. I am sure this guide will help many of our members.
Aww thanks again canon! I appreciate all the work you do for the WIki too, without you the whole thing wouldn't have been possible.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

Quote:
Aww thanks again canon! I appreciate all the work you do for the WIki too, without you the whole thing wouldn't have been possible.

Justin might have had a LITTLE to do with it

Last edited by canonymous; 09-25-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Why is there a disscussion page if you cant talk lol.
januarywebkinz is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous

Justin might have had a LITTLE to do with it[/QUOTE]

Can't believe I forgot Justin, chapman12, and Redbear too! I'll add you guys to the first post

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
Why is there a disscussion page if you cant talk lol.
What I mean by that is "chatting" such as "Hey, what's up?" and "NM, you?" sort of thing.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Rage&Love
Gifted

arodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a hero
arodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a heroarodfan727 was born a hero

thanks for the guide!

i dont understand the point of this.
arodfan727 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
blooglej wuz here hahaha, pawsome thread! -luree, soa, x x a e r o x x ♥