Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Wiki Discussion

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default [HOW TO] Uploading Audio/Video Files (.mp3 + .swf)

You may be aware that in recent days that the WIki has changed slightly in that we now allow .swf and .mp3 files to be uploaded. With the addition of these two file formats there comes a few copyright concerns. The SysOps have looked into the official stance on how to best address the copyright concerns and Justin has given us the following response:
View Post Originally Posted by Justin
What I'd say is this : Anything except for the KinzTunes songs is fair game... The KinzTunes songs definitely aren't allowed and must be removed if anyone uploads them.
So from this we have two little rules to follow:

1. KinzTune Songs (or any part of them) cannot be uploaded to the WIki under any circumstance. Ganz owns the copyrights to these songs and thus we cannot upload them to the WIki.

2. Audio/Video Files must be self recorded. Re-using or ripping files from Ganz files or other files is not permitted.
For instance if Ganz has an mp3 file on their site you cannot add this to the WIki unless you record the file. Simply downloading that file and uploading it to the WIki should be avoided. This same policy also applies to ripping the mp3 or swf out of another file type.

Hopefully this should clear up some people's concerns and answer some questions. If you still are a little confused feel free to ask questions here.

Yours, Pat.

Update: For those of you who are wondering how to create .mp3 files WebkinzInsider Member Curiousg has created an excellent guide on how to create these files. Take a look in the spoiler below for the guide:
Spoiler: show
View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
If you have a PC computer, you may be able to very very easily record sounds.

Here's my brief directions:

Go to:
your start menu
select All Programs
select Accessories
select Entertainment
select Sound recorder
Push the record button (the button with the round circle on it).

If you have the proper sound card installed in your computer it will start to record (when you enter WW and click on a noisy object the green spectrogram? will start to animate in response to the sound.

Click stop.

Choose File, Save . . . it will only allow you to save the file as a .WAV file. You must convert the .wav file to a .mp3 file to upload to the WIki.

To do that, you can zip compress it and upload it to WI and someone here can convert (anyone with Camtasia can import and convert) You can post these zip compressed files here for other members to convert: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...n-page-677429/

You can also convert it yourself with websites such as ZamZar.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by ClaraZ25; 06-16-2011 at 09:00 AM..
ClaraZ25 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Guidelines for Uploading Audio/Video Files (.mp3 + .swf) to the WIki.

Thank you for summarizing this information Pat!
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: Guidelines for Uploading Audio/Video Files (.mp3 + .swf) to the WIki.

Thank you Justin and Pat
cocoabean is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

That is a bit of a sticky wicket and a slippery slope I can see the animations from Webkinz World being fair game, but the other stuff we are going to have to be very particular with.
Thank you for adding some guidelines, but for the first little bit I am sure I am going to be coming to you Sysops for advice on whether or not something is kosher.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
That is a bit of a sticky wicket and a slippery slope I can see the animations from Webkinz World being fair game, but the other stuff we are going to have to be very particular with.
Thank you for adding some guidelines, but for the first little bit I am sure I am going to be coming to you Sysops for advice on whether or not something is kosher.
I am sure Justin will be monitoring this as well
Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

I have updated the first post to include a guide from curiousg on how to record mp3s.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

im not good at this kind of stuff, i only edit normal pages in the wiki
but thanks!
jellydonut is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

View Post Originally Posted by jellydonut
im not good at this kind of stuff, i only edit normal pages in the wiki
but thanks!
And thank you very much for that
Old 11-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
criagirl
Gifted

cria defies all odds
cria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all oddscria defies all odds

Default Re: [HOW TO] Uploading Audio/Video Files (.mp3 + .swf)

the bubble wrap chair makes a great noise when your pet sits in it. would this be something we could record and post to the wiki?
cria is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
ooger1
Webkinz :)
Ooger1 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: [HOW TO] Uploading Audio/Video Files (.mp3 + .swf)

Oh, Cool I can upload stuff
Ooger1 is offline Male Reply With Quote