Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Wiki Discussion

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default [HOW TO] Add Information to a Chart

So you want to contribute to a chart!

Basic Instructions:

Let's look at the More WTales:

Let's say you open the page and you notice a WTales that is missing the description. You want to add the description.

When you click on the EDIT tab, this is what you see at the top:

== More W Tales ==

These stories can be read for free in the Webkinz World Newspaper.

{| class="greentable FCK__ShowTableBorders" width="100%"
|- align="left"
! Book
! Title
! Description
|-

That part describes the graph. Please don't edit this section.

Now on to the part where you can add:

The | at the left hand side is very important.

Further down you see:

-
| [[Image:Amandapandasjourneyhomecover.png]]
| [[Amanda Panda's Journey Home]]
|
|-

You want to add the description:
"Amanda is in a new town called Kinzville but isn't sure she wants to be there anymore.
"

It goes in the empty line like this:

-

| [[Image:Amandapandasjourneyhomecover.png]]
| [[Amanda Panda's Journey Home]]
| Amanda is in a new town called Kinzville, but isn't sure she wants to be there anymore.
|-

Now, before you save the page, please check your work by clicking on the "Preview" button.
(You don't know how many times that has saved me from TOTALLY spoiling a page.)

I hope this helps YOU and I hope you will help US out!

Thanks

For even MORE information, please look at Post 10.

Last edited by canonymous; 07-25-2011 at 12:28 PM..
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
hockey=mylife(:
Webkinz :)

xorjdox is a glorious beacon of lightxorjdox is a glorious beacon of lightxorjdox is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Adding Information to a Chart

ooh thanks for the tips!
xorjdox is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Make your own LUCK
Gift Guru

funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep
funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep

Thanks for the tips. I had to figure it all out myself the first time I did it.
Good to have this nice little guide
funkyc63 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Gifted

iLuvWolves challenges the impossibleiLuvWolves challenges the impossible
iLuvWolves challenges the impossibleiLuvWolves challenges the impossible

Thank you for the guide!
iLuvWolves is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
fanaty
Gifted

fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!

This might seem a silly question but how do you put in the chart to begin with? Is there a button to push and it sets up a chart or is it all typed in by hand?
fanaty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by fanaty
This might seem a silly question but how do you put in the chart to begin with? Is there a button to push and it sets up a chart or is it all typed in by hand?
It's typed by hand. If you see a chart that looks like the one you want to make, you can go into the "edit" screen on that page, cut the chart out, DON'T SAVE, and then past the chart on the page where you want it, making whatever changes are necessary.

That's the way I always do it.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
It's typed by hand. If you see a chart that looks like the one you want to make, you can go into the "edit" screen on that page, cut the chart out, DON'T SAVE, and then past the chart on the page where you want it, making whatever changes are necessary.

Ir use "COPY" instead of "CUT" so I don't accidentally leave no chart behind

Thanks for the costumes fanaty!

Last edited by canonymous; 02-01-2011 at 12:57 PM..
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
fanaty
Gifted

fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!fanaty is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA

Well I'm still a bit iffy on that so how about if I put in the pictures on the costume sections and then someone can go in and remove whatever isn't considered costumes because the whole costume issue was still a bit vague so I'm just putting in what I think would be considered costumes.

Thanks FIA and Canonymous I just want to help but still trying to figure things out so in order to not mess anything up I will just do what I know how and leave the other stuff for people who know how to do it. I don't want to mess up any charts.

Last edited by fanaty; 02-01-2011 at 01:13 PM..
fanaty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
Call me Ana! :)
Webkinz :)

anaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledgeanaeem98 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Question Charts

Hi everyobdy! I just had a few questions about charts...

I always seem to need different charts, for different pages. Is there any way of how you can make the charts? They seem so confusing!

Thanks for any help!
anaeem98 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: [HOW TO] Add Information to a Chart

One of the things that makes the WIki look good is tables. Tables can allow you to place data in an understandable chart, or simply place text and images side by side. Below is a tutorial on making tables.

Starting a Table
Before you can make a table, you have to know the language used to make one.
All tables begin like this:
Code:
{|
This tells the wiki that you are beginning a table.
If you want to add any attributes (colors, borders, templates) to the table, you add them after that first two marks.
For instance, let's say you wanted to use the "greentable" that WI has pre-made the attributes for. to do that, use the XHTML attribute "class" and point it to the "greentable" that has been added. Sounds scary, but this is what it looks like:
Code:
{|class="greentable"
Example green table:

Click the image to open in full size.

You can also add a template to the table here. A template is a predefined style that you can add to pages.
The Green Table Frame template, for instance, can be added to a table. Always put "{{" and "}}"
around variables.
Code:
{|class="bluetable" {{GT***}
Example blue table with GTF template:

This will give the table blue headers and a rounded green border, as seen in the picture above.
You can also define the width of the table in here.
Code:
{|class="greentable" width="100%"
Example green table with 100% width:

Defining a width causes the table to stretch or compress to a certain percentage of the total width of the page.
Now that you know how to start a table, let's learn how to add other things to it.
Table Headers
To add a header to a table or a column in a table, use an exclamation mark (!) before the header text. For instance, let's say you wanted to make a table about food and its tastes.
Code:
{|class="greentable"
!Food
!Taste
Result:

This will add two columns, one named "Food" and the other named "Taste".
You can also just add one header to cover the entire table.
Code:
{|class="bluetable"
!My Favorite Candy
Result:

Now let's finally learn how to add data to the table!
Table Data
Every table has to have data. Data is the main part of the table.
Data is preceded with a vertical line character(|), usually found right above your "Enter" key. Between each row of data in the table, put this:
Code:
|-
That tells the wiki that you've ended one row and are moving on to another.
When you are adding data, always keep it in the same order as the header which labels it. For instance:
Code:
{|class="greentable"
!Food
!Taste
|-
|Broccoli
|Yucky
Result:

In the example above, the Food of Broccoli has a Taste of Yucky.
You can add as many rows to a table as you want.
Code:
{|class="greentable"
!Food
!Taste
|-
|Broccoli
|Yucky
|-
|Cupcake
|Yummy
Result:

When you're done with the table, be sure to close it using a reversed form of the tag you started it with.
Code:
|}
So now our table code looks like this.
Code:
{|class="greentable"
!Food
!Taste
|-
|Broccoli
|Yucky
|-
|Cupcake
|Yummy
|}
Result:

Ta-da! You've just made a basic table.
You can add images and other files to tables as well. Just use this in the cell where you want the file to go:
Code:
[[File:Example.png]]
Position images or other media like you would any other data in a table.

Advanced Tables
You can also define your own colors and borders instead of using predefined ones. Just use XHTML style tags.
Code:
{|style="background:#000000; border:2px solid #FFFFFF"
Change those colors to your liking. Do NOT use it like that
You can use any wiki-compatible HTML tags in tables.
Code:
{|class="greentable"
!<font color="Red">Red</font>
!<font color="Blue">Blue</font>
|-
|align="center"|<font color="green">Green, centered</font>
|align="center"|<font face="Comic Sans MS">Comic Sans MS font, centered</font>
|}
Notice in the example above that I used the XHTML attribute "align" and set it to "center", which centers (not always perfectly) the data in the cell.

You can also use special tables like collapsible tables.
For collapsible tables, the message visible when the table is collapsed goes where the header for the column usually goes.
Code:
{| class="wikitable collapsible collapsed"
! Click "show" to see the collapsed part
|-
|The collapsed part
|}
The Wiki also has a neat little feature called sortable tables. These are tables that, when clicked, arrange the cells within them alphabetically. They are structured like normal tables, but their code looks like this:

Code:
{|class="greentable sortable"
!Header 1
!Header 2
|-
|Aardvark
|Zebra
|}
Special thanks to curiousg for the sortable table information!
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
bob stay strong, god is 100% awesome, yolo pants, ♫sing4me a melody