Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Default Re: ~It's really kind of pointless~

Those are generally so the poll creator can see the results, but it actually screws with the overall accuracy of the poll.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I think it's pointless. Your vote counts too!
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

That is allowed, it's actually so the poll-maker can see the results, and keeping the polls fair.
If they didn't make that option, and just voted for one of the choices, then that option would always be one vote extra. Do you see how that works out?
But of course, that isn't the best plan, because people click that anyways. I think that the poll maker should be able to see the results without having to vote.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #24
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Wink Re: ~It's really kind of pointless~

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
Well no, it's not really pointless. The person who makes it put that for them to click so they can see the results of the poll they made. If they put their own vote, it may effect the final results.
Exactly. You cannot view poll results without voting.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #25
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by PalsForever
I absolutely LOVE voting on WI polls! However I've noticed that a bunch of them have options that say "only click if you are ______" and it would have a person's username. Isn't this kind of pointless? It's a poll. Aren't you supposed to be answering a question and not clicking on your name? Anyways some people just click on them anyway.
Yeah i agree,there's no point in making answers if one of them's gonna say: "only click if you are (WI username)
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #26
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

I really hate those polls (no offense)

If you want to see results, make a results option. I TOTALLY see where you need a results button, but dont specify it for yourself.
Example: If someone made the poll Do you like teh color green?
-Yes
-No
-Bob only

okay so maybe someone doesnt really like green, but they dont hate it either. they are curious about teh results tho, but the option says "bob only" so susie wont click on it and will never find ou tthe color green lol
and george feels the same way as susie, but he chooses bob only. that throws off bob because obviously, he didnt want people voting there..

But what is worst is "Bob only! If you click I will report you!"
Now, I don't think you can get in trouble for voting on a poll lol. And whenver I make a poll i cant even tell who voted what anyway. But just say I could. Bob could report George just because george wanted to know who liked the color green... really!

and i know WI polls arent this serious but consider this:
In real life voting for president... Do you see a spot to check off "susie only! no one vote here or they go to jail!" really. I mean, there is no results option on a president thing but you can getmy point, right.

SO next time you make a poll... a results/ other should do. not a "me only!!!!!" or a threatening "or ill report you!" its a free country, vote howyou like (lol, jk... well...)

Last edited by paws; 01-27-2009 at 05:38 PM..
paws is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #27
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

I do not mean to be rude but, I don't agree.

See, if I made a poll and made the options:
"Cool"
"Okay"
"Not Really"
"NOOO" &
"PrincessToeshoe Only"

It maens I want to see what everyone else thinks...but not me.

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

I think it's kind of pointless...if you are the owner of the poll, you shouldn't click on a certain button until you see the results and then make your descision. Making an unnecessary button just messes up the percentages.
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #29
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by paws
I really hate those polls (no offense)

If you want to see results, make a results option. I TOTALLY see where you need a results button, but dont specify it for yourself.
Example: If someone made the poll Do you like teh color green?
-Yes
-No
-Bob only

okay so maybe someone doesnt really like green, but they dont hate it either. they are curious about teh results tho, but the option says "bob only" so susie wont click on it and will never find ou tthe color green lol
and george feels the same way as susie, but he chooses bob only. that throws off bob because obviously, he didnt want people voting there..

But what is worst is "Bob only! If you click I will report you!"
Now, I don't think you can get in trouble for voting on a poll lol. And whenver I make a poll i cant even tell who voted what anyway. But just say I could. Bob could report George just because george wanted to know who liked the color green... really!
and i know WI polls arent this serious but consider this:
In real life voting for president... Do you see a spot to check off "susie only! no one vote here or they go to jail!" really. I mean, there is no results option on a president thing but you can getmy point, right.

SO next time you make a poll... a results/ other should do. not a "me only!!!!!" or a threatening "or ill report you!" its a free country, vote howyou like (lol, jk... well...)
I agree when your voting for any thing does it say: "Dougalina only?"or something like that (i know that name is kinda random )
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Closed