Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Wink your own little clock...

I think it would just be awesome if WI would put a users time either underneath their avvies, or by 'modify post' button! It could have a little ticking clock that said that user's time of where they live! I know that its confusing when you get out of school at 3:00 your time then come and someone says that they just got out of bed! lol! Please post comments
Also, I think there should be an option, some people may not want their personal time shown.

*NOTICE THIS IS A COPIED PASTED VERSION OF A THREAD I HAD ALREADY MADE A WHILE BACK*
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: your own little clock...

That's a really cool idea, runlikethewind! I love it!
It would be especially cool if you could turn it off, like, in your details area! So, if you were Gifted or a GG, and trading, you wouldn't get frustrated if someone wasn't responding because it was night-time! Or, if you were just a webkinz and you didn't really need it, you could turn it off! Rep!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Like I mentioned in your other thread, runlikethewind, I think it is a good idea to let everyone know that this idea has been posted before and responded to by Justin.

My thread from nearly a year ago titled "Personal Clocks" (Link: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...clocks-323161/) suggested this same idea and Justin came to respond to various points we brought up as to how this would work.
He answered to these questions as well as posted several times throughout the thread:

Q: Does anyone find the idea a bit far-fetched?

Justin's answer: It is possible, but not very easy to do.

Q:
Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by monkeecj
How would you be able to make a running clock that continued to work all the time?

Justin's answer: It would be based on the server's clock, and would display differently based on each user's time zone selection.

Q:

Would it keep running during all posts, or would it be frozen in time once a page had loaded?

Justin's answer: It would be frozen in time once a page had loaded.. Most people only stay on a page for less than a minute, so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Q:

How do you make options and settings that people can customize to make a more "personal" clock?

Justin's answer: I'm afraid that's next to impossible. What this would be is a text display of the user's current time, creating a graphical clock that would be automated based on that person's time zone is next to impossible, though it is a cool idea!

Justin also said:
Originally Posted by Justin
It can be done, but it would be pretty much like what you see at the bottom where it says "The time is now ....."
What I meant was that it would look like the clock down there, as in.. it would be only text but would say "User Local Time: 6:21 PM" or something like that. It wouldn't make the forum any slower, though.
He said it would be found:
Most likely beneath the post, at the same height as the "reply" and "modify" buttons...

Last edited by monkeecj; 05-05-2009 at 02:42 PM..
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 05-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

yes that would be awesome.....sometimes it gets confusing with all the different time zones and stuff
JJ08 is offline Female
Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
Erica
Gift Guru
SparkleHippo has disabled reputation

I think it is a good idea, but i think that that could get a bit confusing for some people. Like justin said it would jusr say "your time is GMT- 5hrs"
Possibly people might not be able to get conversions. Great idea thouh! :-]
SparkleHippo is offline Female
Closed