Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: You might just be giving out a bit of personal info without even knowing it... Be careful...

View Post Originally Posted by -Miss-Webkinz-
I know! if I didnt blur out the date and place on my ticket to the Jonas concert [see siggy] anyone could go and find out where i live! xD
Nice thinking!

And thank you GoldenPuppy and HP
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Yay! Finally a
Webkinz :)

webkinzluvr2 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: You might just be giving out a bit of personal info without even knowing it... Be careful...

Wow! Great reminder! I never really thought of it that way, and will have to remember that!Thanks so much!
webkinzluvr2 is offline Female
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluvr2
Wow! Great reminder! I never really thought of it that way, and will have to remember that!Thanks so much!
Thanks, and your welcome, Webkinzluvr
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
\m/

musicislife666 has disabled reputation

I agree. I have seen many flickers in peoples siggies that have peoples faces too. Be safe people!
musicislife666 is offline Female
Old 04-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #15
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by musicislife666
I agree. I have seen many flickers in peoples siggies that have peoples faces too. Be safe people!
Really? Here on WI? Wow...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #16

I♥Twilight has disabled reputation

wow! we should really pay attention to those tiny little things!

great thread, rep!
I♥Twilight is offline Female
Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
♥Bogey♥

Calista has disabled reputation

yah............great thinking!!!
Calista is offline Female
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by I♥Twilight
wow! we should really pay attention to those tiny little things!

great thread, rep!
Thank you so much, I♥Twilight!

(btw, your avvie is adorable )
Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

awesome thread, my friend! it really is scary when you think of how small little clues can add up to finding out who someone is. in fact, even occasional post can lead to you being discovered. for example, what if a WI member made a birthday thread for their friend, and accidently posted their age. then, another time, that friend slipped up and accidently posted their street name. there you have it. now, the potential predator knows what street they live on and what age to look for. true, they don't know the state, but once they see the persons gender under their name, they know to look for a certain boy/girl of a certain age. then, they can take any clues, for example the person saying "OMG you live in kansas i do to". now, it should be pretty easy to identify the poster in real life.

just backing up your point. all it take is a couple of small clues, and they can be pieced together like a puzzle, to reveal who you are. pretty scary when you think about it!
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #20
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
awesome thread, my friend! it really is scary when you think of how small little clues can add up to finding out who someone is. in fact, even occasional post can lead to you being discovered. for example, what if a WI member made a birthday thread for their friend, and accidently posted their age. then, another time, that friend slipped up and accidently posted their street name. there you have it. now, the potential predator knows what street they live on and what age to look for. true, they don't know the state, but once they see the persons gender under their name, they know to look for a certain boy/girl of a certain age. then, they can take any clues, for example the person saying "OMG you live in kansas i do to". now, it should be pretty easy to identify the poster in real life.

just backing up your point. all it take is a couple of small clues, and they can be pieced together like a puzzle, to reveal who you are. pretty scary when you think about it!
Kansas? Where did that come from? LOL

Great points and thanks for posting, Bob!
Closed

Tags
code orange