Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
Gifted

SirTyger is on a distinguished road

Default "you do not have permission to access this page" error

I have read the rules and FAQ, and used the search function looking for answers in previous threads in attempts to figure out what is going on, but to no avail. Could someone please try to help me?

I cannot access users' public profiles. When I try, the message I get is:

SirTyger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I can't access the Members List either (same error message). And I also do not have any mention of PMs in my user CP.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited by SirTyger; 06-13-2007 at 02:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
ace97
Banned
ace97 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "you do not have permission to access this page" error

I don't know i get that same thing sorry
Old 06-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
endy is back!

Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

SirTyger,

We do not allow brand new members the permissions that you are seeking as a safety measure. Hang around for a bit and get to know us and that might change.

As a brand new member, why exactly are you trying to access our member list and public profiles? And what need do you have for PMs?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
skyprasial
Gifted

skyannpra is an unknown quantity at this point

how long do we need to wait
Old 06-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Gifted

SirTyger is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Wendy
SirTyger,

We do not allow brand new members the permissions that you are seeking as a safety measure. Hang around for a bit and get to know us and that might change.
Thank you for your response! I didn't see that explained elsewhere (please forgive me if I just missed it in my search), and it was getting pretty frustrating going through the FAQ thinking I was supposed to be able to see these things and wondering what I was doing wrong... I thought I was losing it! I appreciate the quick reply. *stops banging head against wall*

Quote:
As a brand new member, why exactly are you trying to access our member list and public profiles? And what need do you have for PMs?
I can totally see your point about not letting new members have this access for security reasons, protecting the members you have already gotten to know. But to answer your question, why did this brand new member want to access the member list and public profiles? It seems like a pretty good way to get to know the people making the posts I've been reading. I already know several people here, but some of the ones I'm just having the privilege of "meeting" are very talented and entertaining (for example Merthyn and her Arte stories!), and I wanted to see what else they had to say. After all, isn't that the point of a public profile - to share whatever information you would like to about yourself with other members?

As for my need for PMs, I was referred here from another site and wish to reconnect with several of the members I know from there. I especially wanted to let one of them know about some trade-related rumors being spread about her so she can take appropriate steps to protect herself; and I had a question for one about an account she traded to me. I didn't think it was appropriate to start posting these kinds of personal matters as threads in a public forum, so I was attempting to PM the members involved.

I hope this clears up any concerns you had about me and my intentions.

I look forward to getting to know you all! It's always a pleasure to interact with fellow Webkinz fans.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #6
endy is back!

Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

Thank you for your response! You will be granted PM access after you have 10 posts.

And I can be overly conservative, but on the internet you never can be too careful, especially with Webkinz fans of all ages on the board. Welcome! We are happy to have you here!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Hey everyone! SirTyger was on my old site. She's a "cool cat"!

Tyger, just keep posting, and we'll be able to PM in no time!

I hope you post your kitty's picture as your avatar again.

Last edited by FIA; 06-13-2007 at 12:35 PM..
FIA is offline Female
Closed