Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #51
According to
Webkinz :)

lalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonderlalagirl770 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Writing "hmmm" in posts?

I use hmmm to show that I'm thinking or if I'm confused about something. Like every one else said it makes you seem more human-like.
lalagirl770 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #52
I love my FAMILY

Cupcake Joy is sweet stuff
Cupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuffCupcake Joy is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
That's it! I chose my username to show how brilliant I am at ALL TIMES.

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Actually, the letters Hmm are my initials. But if you want to believe that I am brilliant, I will let you.

-- Hmm
OMG, this is a funny thread! I was worried at first that you (lamb) were talking about one of my posts, as I often say "hmmmm", but as I read on, I realized that I am not the only one! Whew! Thank God! I would have had a complex! LOL. Thanks Hmm, for making me laugh so hard, tears were flowing!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #53
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

LOL, I do that all the time. To me, it just shows that the post took a bit of thought. Like at polls, I don't really need to think about it, I just answer. For threads requiring deep meanings and all that, I being w/ a hmm.
Example- What is the meaning of life?
Hmm ... well, to me ...

xD see?
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 01-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #54

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

One thing about writing, is that it's hard to convey your emotions. This is still life writing, and your choice of words are what let people know your mood and what you're trying to get across to the reader.

Just as the smilie faces help get your tone of voice and feelings across, saying "hmmm" let's people know that you're unsure, and are really thinking about it. It's not a word, but a feeling, typed out in words so others can understand your train of thought better and therefore, you come across clearly. ( i would hope! )
Old 01-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #55
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I write "Hmm..." because I'm thinking, and it adds something to the post (or VM). It means you're thinking hard.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #56
Gift Guru

Shooting Star is a WI addict!
Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
Sometimes I actually am saying hmmm to myself as I type. It helps me get my thoughts together just like when I'm speaking out loud.
I do the same.
Shooting Star is offline Female
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #57
Call me Abby♥

Twilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clownTwilightrocks is cool as a bunny clown

I write hmm sometimes.(:
Twilightrocks is offline Female
Old 01-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #58
heres mahhh

Tulapeano will become famous soon enough

Hmmmm........ Well some times I think like a robot is typing so I right hmmmmm so others don't.
Tulapeano is offline Female
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #59
Banned
Mom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonder

Hmmmm what an interesting thread. Makes me wonder what........
Mom2Alex is offline Female
Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #60
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

I sometimes write "Hmm" in some of my posts because it sounds like I'm talking instead of just posting. It makes my posts seem more like I am talkiing to the person rather then just not adding any details. (:
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hmm