Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #61
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: Writing in all CAPS

what gma2r said , is what i was trying to say too................... if i cant read something or if it is written in such a way i dont understand it or if it seems confusing (like ive seen posts where it looks like text-message language ....lol) then i jsut skip it rather than even mentioning it. i leave that to the moderators if they want to say something. i stopped going to message boards because of all the fighting and things like that but wi seemed different so that is why i joined here. so far it seems to be much nicer than any board ive been a member of.

again, i do think this thread is useful even though i dont care how a person posts but rather what a person posts so i would not think to start a thread on this topic, i think it is good to discuss this issue because it is something that bothers many people, the CAPS issue.......... so thank you for bringing up the subject here so we can see what everyone says..........
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #62
SuperJ5678

amazon is a jewel in the roughamazon is a jewel in the rough

I write in caps when something exiting happens, like my 1000 post, or 2000. Or someone elses. If you feel like someone it yelling at you, you can report them.

I am sure that once they get reported, they won't do it much anymore, and WI will be a better (then ever) site!
amazon is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #63
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

usually it's NOT a prob because people use the to emphasize the importance of certain meanings
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #64

kaykat32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes people did not know they did it sometimes the filter gets it like this..

THIS IS IN CAPS!

---------- kaykat32 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

Ok,it didn't get it!!!! lol

Last edited by kaykat32; 10-26-2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kaykat32 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #65
DTS91 has a spectacular aura about

I think that most of the time when people are writing in Caps they are necessarily yelling at someone, but they are trying to get there ideas to be heard! Or, they may be excited, for example "YES I FINALLY GOT A SNOWMAN" It is just their way of expressing how they are feeling!

However, if you are ever being yelled at by someone, notify a mod or an admin and they will help you right away!
DTS91 is offline Male
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #66
Hockey Is My Life

scrubsfanatic is on a distinguished road

I know that it can be annoying but I know there are a lot of adults on this site(I am one of them) and I know some older adults always write in caps because they have difficulty seeings and having everything in caps helps them see better...
scrubsfanatic is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #67

kgirl72 is a glorious beacon of lightkgirl72 is a glorious beacon of lightkgirl72 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree. It could be just an accident though or if you were happy about something, you could write a couple of words in CAPS.
kgirl72 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #68

Superballerina* is on a distinguished road

Ya I agree. I mean i am new but when I look around the threads and things sometimes I see that. It seems like you are being yelled at!
Superballerina* is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #69
bc2
bc2 has disabled reputation

I have known a lot of people on the internet who have poor eyesight and that is why people sometimes write in all caps. I am personally not bothered by it and have never felt I was being yelled at simply by the text being in caps. I think it's obvious when someone is yelling or mad by WHAT they are saying and not based just by their words being in caps or not.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #70

Ally3795 is just really niceAlly3795 is just really nice

i agree that sometimes it can feel like ur getting yelled at. but i think it depends on what your/someone else is saying. like if someone is actually talking i would consider that yelling. but like if someones singing a song or something i wouldn't consider it yelling. to me it justs depends but i know what your talking about.
Ally3795 is offline Female
Closed