Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #31
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Writing in all CAPS

Actually, it IS against the rules to write in all caps. It is rude.
Livi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

PESKY PIXIE has a spectacular aura about

I AM A SELF CONFESSED CAPS WRITER . FIRST LET ME TELL YOU I AM NOT NOW NOR HAVE I EVER SHOUTED AT ANYONE HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE ON LINE. BUT TYPING IN MY OWN DEFENCE LET ME EXPLAIN TO ALL OF YOU THAT I AM THE MOTHER OF A SEVERLY DYSLEXIC BOY, MY SON HAS DAILY ISSUES RECOGNIZING LETTER ...BUT AFTER LOTS OF WORK TOGETHER OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WE HAVE GOTTEN HIM ABLE TO DO KEYBOARDING,HE STILL CANT ALWAYS RECOGNIZE LOWER CASE LETTER.SO YOU GUESSED IT WHEN WE DO TYPEING PROJECTS TOGETHER ,SUCH AS WEBKINZ INSIDER ,THEY ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE IN CAPS.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #33
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You!!! I despise it when people write in all CAPITALS! see? it felt like you were being yelled at , huh? I'm so glad you pointed this out-rep points!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 10-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
hining is for the
Banned
Sunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The CyberNetiquette is what you all are talking about. Using all caps, is a form of yelling and should not be used, especially on sites like this one.

---------- Sunnygirl added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by PESKY PIXIE
I AM A SELF CONFESSED CAPS WRITER . FIRST LET ME TELL YOU I AM NOT NOW NOR HAVE I EVER SHOUTED AT ANYONE HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE ON LINE. BUT TYPING IN MY OWN DEFENCE LET ME EXPLAIN TO ALL OF YOU THAT I AM THE MOTHER OF A SEVERLY DYSLEXIC BOY, MY SON HAS DAILY ISSUES RECOGNIZING LETTER ...BUT AFTER LOTS OF WORK TOGETHER OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WE HAVE GOTTEN HIM ABLE TO DO KEYBOARDING,HE STILL CANT ALWAYS RECOGNIZE LOWER CASE LETTER.SO YOU GUESSED IT WHEN WE DO TYPEING PROJECTS TOGETHER ,SUCH AS WEBKINZ INSIDER ,THEY ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE IN CAPS.
Maybe instead of using all caps, try using a larger font. It really does appear as if you are yelling.. LOL

Last edited by Sunnygirl; 10-23-2008 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #35
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by PESKY PIXIE
Hi PESKY PIXIE! You have a very good reason for using all caps, but since it's agaist the conventions, maybe you could put the reason in your siggie, "ALL CAPS FOR MEDICAL REASON" or "ALL CAPS BECAUSE DYSLEXIC" or something like that. That way, people will stop asking you not to shout . I bet you're tired of explaining it each time!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #36
hining is for the
Banned
Sunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond reputeSunnygirl has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Livi
Actually, it IS against the rules to write in all caps. It is rude.
I hate to call you on this one, Livi, but all caps is NOT in the rules on WI. I do have to agree with you though, I think it is a little out of line to use all caps also.

---------- Sunnygirl added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Hi PESKY PIXIE! You have a very good reason for using all caps, but since it's agaist the conventions, maybe you could put the reason in your siggie, "ALL CAPS FOR MEDICAL REASON" or "ALL CAPS BECAUSE DYSLEXIC" or something like that. That way, people will stop asking you not to shout . I bet you're tired of explaining it each time!
That is a great idea, Webberlily!

Last edited by Sunnygirl; 10-23-2008 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #37
Marilyn is a
Gift Guru

zingergirl77 has a spectacular aura aboutzingergirl77 has a spectacular aura about

I agree, but if it is a happy/exciting/cheerful post, it could be okay. Here are some examples of what I think are fine.

WOW!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! GOOD LUCK!

or

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

or

YAY!! I FINALLY WON 100KC ON THE WHEEL OF WOW!
zingergirl77 is offline Female
Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #38
;)
Gifted

beachbumkinz will become famous soon enough

there actually are chat rooms that will kick u out for writing in all caps bc it is supposed to mean yelling, but there are alot of kids on here that do it accidently, so it doesnt bother me on here usually bc it doesnt mean they are yelling. if they do it with saying something mean that means they probably mean it as yelling then id report it.

---------- beachbumkinz added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by zingergirl77
I agree, but if it is a happy/exciting/cheerful post, it could be okay. Here are some examples of what I think are fine.

WOW!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! GOOD LUCK!

or

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

or

YAY!! I FINALLY WON 100KC ON THE WHEEL OF WOW!
I totally agree with that. if it is in an excited way for jut a phrase i thin k it should be ok.

Last edited by beachbumkinz; 10-23-2008 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #39
ask please!
Webkinz :)

Goldalynn has a spectacular aura about

yes, I agree. like pianolover said, it did state that they'd rather not have you post in all CAPS. I think it's ok (if you wanted to show emphasis, I guess) but I think it does feel like you're getting yelled at. thank you for bringing this up.
Goldalynn is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 01:35 AM   #40
Gifted

WEBKINZ0415 is on a distinguished road

I am awful with the caps. All of my passwords ar ein caps so I forget to turn it off. But usaully the filter catches it for me. I have never yelled at anyone here,if I use caps it is usually for excitement. If I have ever scared any one, I apologize!!!
WEBKINZ0415 is offline Female
Closed