Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #21
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Wouldn't it be cool if we could have music on our profile?

Well....They have that on ***********, and it didn't work at first, so it might take a while.
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #22
Cαℓℓ mє Sαяαн
Webkinz :)

hereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Registhehseep
Yes that would be sooo cool!!

But the thing is, the admins would have to have only certain songs cause of bad words and stuff....
You took the words out of my fingers

Well, that was what I was going to put
Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #23
lizzie
Gifted

tacobell222 has disabled reputation

As always, well said Bonsai. Will Justin take probably 5 hours trying to get a hold of Miley Cyrus or the Jonas brothers? And how about Rihanna and the other artists members are listing? that would take almost weeks getting a hold of all of the artists that members just love. Also, these celebs are barely at home. They are probably out signing autographs or photo shoots. They don't have time to be called from a webkinz website. And if we take the music without premission, the artist might just sue Justin or Wendy. And even if the founders do this, then the mods and admins have to go over every song. Its just as hard for the staff.

So I have to disagree. Sorry.
View Post Originally Posted by Bonsai
It would be kinda neat, but it could also get annoying. Any time I'm on myspace with my speakers on, I can't help but cringe every time I stop by a friend's profile and hear their profile song blaring. I have really different taste than most of my friends, and I generally prefer my web browsing to be quiet and peaceful. Even on WW, my speakers are usually off.

In reality though, it wouldn't even be possible. In order to put a song on the site, the artist would have to give WI permission to use it. Copyright/trademark laws and all that jazz. The reason that sites like MySpace are able to have profile songs is that the artists or their agents sign up, upload the music, and give MySpace permission for it to be added to profile pages. If a site just puts songs up without permission, the artist can sue them over it, and require that royalties be paid for every time that the song was paid. Yikes.

Nevermind the censoring issues... even if we could get the artists to release WI from having to pay royalties, a mod/admin would have to manually go through every single song and listen for swears or inappropriate content. And then there would be a ton of strain on the servers as well. WI is a free site, and they don't have anywhere near the same advertising revenue as a site like MySpace. How would they be able to keep the site free, and still afford server upkeep, bandwith, storage space, etc? It just wouldn't be possible.

Good idea in theory, but it unfortunately wouldn't translate to reality too well. Thanks for sharing though!
tacobell222 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #24
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

I like the idea but,
- We would have to pick from a approved list, or send in the song to be approved
- Keep in mind not everyone has speakers
Overall, of course there would be a how-to for [someday] putting songs on our profiles, and basically, this is a good idea.
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #25
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

I think it's a great idea

There should only be some popular, yet clean artists allowed, such as Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, SOME rock bands (such as Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc.) and the songs would have to be approved. I think it's a good idea because on profiles it gets sort of boring just looking at the effects, not being able to actually hear things, too! It would make everything a lot funner! It would also be cool if you could have a playlist! Like a few of your favorite songs in an order so when you finish one song, it goes to the next and so on.
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #26
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

That would be very cool!
Although.. a lot of popular teen songs these days are too explict to be playing on ths site. So if we could choose from a list, I would be very sastisfied!
Livi is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #27
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by tacobell222
As always, well said Bonsai. Will Justin take probably 5 hours trying to get a hold of Miley Cyrus or the Jonas brothers? And how about Rihanna and the other artists members are listing? that would take almost weeks getting a hold of all of the artists that members just love. Also, these celebs are barely at home. They are probably out signing autographs or photo shoots. They don't have time to be called from a webkinz website. And if we take the music without premission, the artist might just sue Justin or Wendy. And even if the founders do this, then the mods and admins have to go over every song. Its just as hard for the staff.

So I have to disagree. Sorry.
You've got a good point.... but why would you have to call them to ask them if their music could be played on the site?? It doesn't really make sense.....

---------- Lyssa45 added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by i_like_playdoe
Well, I am listening to radiodisney right now. and I just realized that they have a selection of songs. And all of those songs are appropriate. What if they have those songs that we choose from?
This is a really random question...where do you get radio disney?! sorry for randomness!

Last edited by Lyssa45; 09-23-2008 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #28
I am tired of being

twin2b25628 is on a distinguished road

Cool, But I disagree.

I wish that I could have Kid Rock but it has CUSS words.
twin2b25628 is offline Male
Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #29
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
You've got a good point.... but why would you have to call them to ask them if their music could be played on the site?? It doesn't really make sense.....
You wouldn't have to speak with the actual artist, but rather a lawyer, agent, record label, etc. I'm not in the music business, so I don't know the details as to how royalties and leases are handled. But basically, in plain English - every time a song is created, SOMEONE owns the rights to it. For a JoBros song, their record label probably owns it. Any and every time that song is played or made available, someone has to pay a fee (called a "royalty") to the owner of the song.

When you purchase a cd, or an mp3 fom itunes, you're paying for the right to use the song for your own, private, non-commercial purposes. You can play it as many times as you want. BUT if you burn a copy of that CD, or upload that MP3 to the internet, you are breaking the law, and stealing the music. Same if you download a CD from bittorrent, or soulseek, etc. Every time you obtain a copy of a song, you have to pay for it. Otherwise, the record label or artist can come after you for royalties.

No website can just use a song whenever they want. They either have to pay the artist (or record label) EVERY SINGLE TIME the song is played, or they can to obtain a lease for the song (a set fee that would allow them to play it for a set period of time,) orrrr they can sometimes get permission from the artist (record label) to use it for free.

---------- Bonsai added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

I think you can listen to radio disney online... http://radio.disney.go.com/music/yourstation/

Last edited by Bonsai; 09-23-2008 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #30
Cherrybubbles96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya but there are some bad songs out there so they would have to make a list of songs that are not allowed if you know what i mean
Cherrybubbles96 is offline Female
Closed