Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #81
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Increased Moderator Feedback!

View Post Originally Posted by NascarFan
Just to add to JacksMom's post here...the one thing I can say as the Admin for the Gift Training Section is folks are never not made a Gift Trainee for lack of space...if they have met the criteria and have posted their acceptance to the Fair Gift Exchange Policy...upon review they are accepted and welcomed into the GTS!

Even if the GC's are booked...they are still accepted into the program where they can study the threads & Sticky's and prepare for when a Coach is available to take them on...there is a ton of information to absorb in the GTS...so if it takes them longer to get a GC...they will be more prepared for the training process once they do...while also learning a small lesson in patience while having to wait for the next available Coach...as all staff are volunteers here with real life families of their own and are extending a hand to help out here where we can!

But we do NOT turn eligible members away! Members that have been turned away need look no further then their own conduct here on WI...as both Desty & commodore have stated...read & re-read the rules so that they can be sure they are following them and continue on with trying to be the best WI citizen you can be...a role model for others here on the site...help where you can and reapply when you've met the requirements!
This is something that I did not know.

I was under the impression that qualified applicants were turned away due to lack of space. That was the main reason I wanted a GT rejection letter.

I did not realize that everyone who qualifies is accepted. That makes a HUGE difference. I think that the problem for those of us viewing the GT application from the outside is that there is a lot of misinformation (or misunderstandings) out there on how or why people are accepted.

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #82
Webkinz :)

Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true

View Post Originally Posted by NascarFan
Just to add to JacksMom's post here...the one thing I can say as the Admin for the Gift Training Section is folks are never not made a Gift Trainee for lack of space...if they have met the criteria and have posted their acceptance to the Fair Gift Exchange Policy...upon review they are accepted and welcomed into the GTS!

Even if the GC's are booked...they are still accepted into the program where they can study the threads & Sticky's and prepare for when a Coach is available to take them on...there is a ton of information to absorb in the GTS...so if it takes them longer to get a GC...they will be more prepared for the training process once they do...while also learning a small lesson in patience while having to wait for the next available Coach...as all staff are volunteers here with real life families of their own and are extending a hand to help out here where we can!

But we do NOT turn eligible members away! Members that have been turned away need look no further then their own conduct here on WI...as both Desty & commodore have stated...read & re-read the rules so that they can be sure they are following them and continue on with trying to be the best WI citizen you can be...a role model for others here on the site...help where you can and reapply when you've met the requirements!
This is interesting. I was told by a moderator in a pm something completely different, that I was not accepted because there was no room in the program at the time that I applied. Is this a new policy? If I were to apply again, having enough posts, no rule violations, and agreeing to the rules of the program, I would be accepted?
Margo is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #83
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
This is something that I did not know.

I was under the impression that qualified applicants were turned away due to lack of space. That was the main reason I wanted a GT rejection letter.

I did not realize that everyone who qualifies is accepted. That makes a HUGE difference. I think that the problem for those of us viewing the GT application from the outside is that there is a lot of misinformation (or misunderstandings) out there on how or why people are accepted.

-- Hmm
Ohhhh...I'm glad you found this information helpful Hmm...I have replied to Margo below...I hope that also gives you more closure on this situation...there is nothing sinister going on...folks just merely have to meet the criteria...no big mystery.

View Post Originally Posted by Margo
This is interesting. I was told by a moderator in a pm something completely different, that I was not accepted because there was no room in the program at the time that I applied. Is this a new policy? If I were to apply again, having enough posts, no rule violations, and agreeing to the rules of the program, I would be accepted?
No...this is not a new policy...there are times that staff and/or Gift Coaches are on vacation...and those would be the times the GTS would be closed to new applications...but for the rest of the time once your application has been approved, the TS will be unlocked for you. Whether your accepted or not is based on exactly what you have listed!
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #84
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Default Re: Would GT Rejection Notices Hellp?

Nascar Fan-

I would have to agree with Hmm and others [I read your post after, so I now know different],
I believed people were accepted on a coach/trainee slot available basis,
and that all pending applications were deleted from the thread once the limit was reached.

I got this impression from reading posts to that effect and the lack of direct statements in the
information thread. When it says the number of GTs will be limited based .... Coaches can effectively maintain in item 7 of the general information, it only reinforced that idea.

I have never applied, but often felt sorry for those left in limbo about their status.
There have been many posts of confused people, so this misunderstanding is widespread.
I really think adding a little more information WOULD make it more clear.

So maybe an update to existing information is in order.
I would suggest in 3 places:

-the application page:
..with number 1 in the process being to (re)read the information thread carefully so steps are understood and followed.

-a line in item 2 in http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...mation-219641/
saying that more detailed information
about what makes a good post can be found at ...add link here...

-around 5a in http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...mation-219641/

..Your post will remain in the thread until reviewed. At that point it will be deleted and either
-- you have been accepted
and will receive a ?pm? within x time.
You must then follow actions outlined in step 6;
OR -- you did not fully meet application requirements and must wait at lease 2 weeks to reapply.
In the meantime, please work on becoming a helpful member by ...

Last edited by SoccerSlave; 02-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: discovered missing info
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #85
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by SoccerSlave
Nascar Fan-

I would have to agree with Hmm and others [I read your post after, so I now know different],
I believed people were accepted on a coach/trainee slot available basis,
and that all pending applications were deleted from the thread once the limit was reached.

I got this impression from reading posts to that effect and the lack of direct statements in the
information thread. When it says the number of GTs will be limited based .... Coaches can effectively maintain in item 7 of the general information, it only reinforced that idea.
I think that SoccerSlave has summed it up really well. The way the current FAQs are set up, the wording implies that qualified applicants are turned away. No wonder we were all confused!

View Post Originally Posted by SoccerSlave
I have never applied, but often felt sorry for those left in limbo about their status.
There have been many posts of confused people, so this misunderstanding is widespread.
I really think adding a little more information WOULD make it more clear.

So maybe an update to existing information is in order.
These suggestions were great. I would like to second the recommendation that more clarity be added to the FAQs and other locations where one could look up information on the GT program.

I became gifted before there was a training program. In those days, it was almost too easy to become gifted... I had 49 good posts, and applied to become gifted with my 50th! I feel almost guilty about how easy it was for me.

When one of my friends went through the application process, we could not figure out why she kept being rejected. One of the mods when asked mentioned that there were only so many gift coaches to go around, so my friend assumed that she was posting quality posts, but had not been accepted due to space constraints. Had it been made clear that all qualified applicants are accepted, she would have probably taken a closer look at those posts and found that she had not posted in enough different forums or something.

Yes, it was just one person's experience, but I agree that the confusion is widespread.

I am glad that there is a training program. As Commodore noted, it was overwhelming to suddenly have access to the GE. I spent weeks on there lurking before I dared to set up my GE. The training program changed all that. Now people get a chance to learn how to trade, and come into the main GE without being quite so intimidated.

None of this is meant to be a criticism at the moderators, admins or lovely gift coaches. I just think that the FAQs need revising, so that all members can have clarity.

Thanks so much for listening!

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #86
Over 200

Luvthepandas is a splendid one to beholdLuvthepandas is a splendid one to beholdLuvthepandas is a splendid one to beholdLuvthepandas is a splendid one to behold

OK, I have a question, can a member do certain things that make it Impossible to ever become a GT? Because I have Applied multiple times, and every time it seems that they delete my application with out even checking any of my posts.
Luvthepandas is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #87
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by Luvthepandas
OK, I have a question, can a member do certain things that make it Impossible to ever become a GT? Because I have Applied multiple times, and every time it seems that they delete my application with out even checking any of my posts.
I am sure they check your posts. That is part of the process. One of the rules is that once rejected, you have to wait a certain amount of time and the 50 posts count starts over. If you are applying again without meeting the time requirement right off the bat, then it would not be necessary to read your posts.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #88
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

I'm gonna say this for the mods:

Mods, admins and other staff are VERY busy. They normally don't have time to do that.

~Maine
Maine is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #89
♫ Ɔнɛιяσи Δяcнɛя ♥

snowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clownsnowball0319 is cool as a bunny clown

yah it would be great if i got a note saying why i didn't make it! it would make it alot easier!
snowball0319 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #90
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Just a quick note. Now that I've completed work on the Room Designer tool, I will be re-implementing a feature that we used to have here.. Automatic PM's on moderation. If your posts or threads are deleted, moved or closed, you will receive a PM notifying you of the action. In addition, you will receive a "reason" in the PM if your post was deleted. Hope that helps.
Justin is offline Male
Closed