Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #51
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Default Re: Better Moderator Feedback!

True, but do you know how much work mod's already do?
Craftyreader is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #52
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
True, but do you know how much work mod's already do?
thats how i feel. Like its been mentioned, this is a free site, the mods and admins spend their FREE time here keeping WI clean and Safe.
they deserve some credit, none of us really know the magnitude of their duties on this forum.
And to be honest, there hasn't been one time that a pm hasn't been responded to.
If its not responded to, I forward it on to another mod. I always get a prompt kind response.

But again, if a thread is moved or deleted. Be consistent maybe, either don't give a reason or do, because if you were like me before i read the information the mods put on here today, i feel it is personal if i see some responded and mine not...I know the world doesn't revolve around me, and its probably most likely not personal, but in the heat of the moment you may not realize all of this at that time.

For instance, a thread of mine that mentioned a Zum glitch - the wording was all encrypt coded instead of english in the prize shop, i felt that was a glitch..it was moved to bloopers and goofs...
I didn't get a reason or anything, and i felt that was in the right place. The next day irealized it was moved. I shrugged it off...then a few weeks later i seen a nice note from a mod that a persons thread was moved and the reason why it was...o.0

So i thought i was a bad agt and the mods dont like me and I whined on the inside feeling all neglected. Then I realized i needed to get over it, it isn;t about me and figured they were just busy and didn't have time to post.

Last edited by AgtPix; 02-17-2010 at 07:28 PM..
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #53
Gift Guru

DKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonder

I agree that this is a great idea, and I would support such a system. At the same time, it has been made clear why there would be flaws in this.

Personally, most of the time I recieve a PM from a moderator if a major violation of the rules has been made and resulted in the deletion of multiple posts. However, this doesn't always happen, and I understand why a notification system would be helpful.

I seem to remember that, back in the day, there used to be an area in one's User CP called "Moderator Actions," or something of the sort. It was right under your rep points, and it was a box of the most recent moderator actions on your posts. It provided the location of the post, whether the thread was closed, deleted, etc., and an explaination of why such an action was taken.

I'm not sure why this feature was removed, but perhaps something along those lines would do the trick?

Last edited by DKMagoo; 02-17-2010 at 07:38 PM..
DKMagoo is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #54
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

I understand where this could be helpful but in most case this would just cause a lot of extra work for the mods.

If you ever do have a question about why a thread was closed or deleted just contact a mod and they should be able to fill you in as to why.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 02-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #55
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

Great suggestions, but the staff can't send PMs because they get many applications, and it would be too hard to PM the not-accepted too. You will just have to re-apply in 2 weeks, so start posting 50 non-fluff posts!
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #56
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by DKMagoo
I agree that this is a great idea, and I would support such a system. At the same time, it has been made clear why there would be flaws in this.

Personally, most of the time I recieve a PM from a moderator if a major violation of the rules has been made and resulted in the deletion of multiple posts. However, this doesn't always happen, and I understand why a notification system would be helpful.

I seem to remember that, back in the day, there used to be an area in one's User CP called "Moderator Actions," or something of the sort. It was right under your rep points, and it was a box of the most recent moderator actions on your posts. It provided the location of the post, whether the thread was closed, deleted, etc., and an explaination of why such an action was taken.

I'm not sure why this feature was removed, but perhaps something along those lines would do the trick?
I remember that feature as well. I remember Justin addressing questions about it a few months ago and he said that the feature took up too much server space on WI. It caused the User CPs to load slowly and that caused a cascade reaction throughout the forum slowing it down. I was a nice feature though.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 02-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #57
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Please I DID NOT intend for this to become a moderator bashing thread...

I'll be dating myself by saying this, but back in the days when the internet was just used by government, and 2400 baud as a fast network connection, I use to moderator a very active forum on compuserve so I know how thankless a job it can be most of the time.

My suggestion I believe could actually reduce the workload on moderators over time as (1) members become better posters with the additional feedback and (2) the number of GE applicants who keep reapplying unsuccesfully drops.

The GE information states:

"The management reviews EVERY post by EVERY applicant before accepting them as a Gifted Trainee. Posts that are considered "fluff" will not count toward your 50 posts. If your posts do not count and/or your application is denied,"

To complete such a review must take a ton of time. so my 'though was, considering the time it takes to complete a review, would sending 'form letter' response PMs (i.e. no need for personalizing) significanly increase work load OR by significantly reducing the number of 3'rd & 4'th round applicants would it actually decrease the load.

JustDad is offline Male
Old 02-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #58
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I see your point, but the reason why a GT application "rejection notice" isn't sent out is that so many people apply. In regards to the possible workload reduction, I believe that it is partially the applicant's responsibility to take the intiative and try to adjust their ways of posting/behavior that caused them to not be accepted. Part of being accepted to the GE isn't just the non-fluff post requirement, but also your ability to be responsible and eager to learn, and you can demonstrate that by taking not being accepted in stride and improving yourself. In addition, the reason why someone is not accepted may also be just because there weren't any open slots in the TGE. In conclusion, although you bring up an excellent point, there would certainly be a multitude of things to consider if this were to be implemented.

Last edited by samoyeds43; 02-18-2010 at 11:17 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #59

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
I see your point, but the reason why a GT application "rejection notice" isn't sent out is that so many people apply. In regards to the possible workload reduction, I believe that it is partially the applicant's responsibility to take the intiative and try to adjust their ways of posting/behavior that caused them to not be accepted. Part of being accepted to the GE isn't just the non-fluff post requirement, but also your ability to be responsible and eager to learn, and you can demonstrate that by taking not being accepted in stride and improving yourself. In addition, the reason why someone is not accepted may also be just because there weren't any open slots in the TGE. In conclusion, although you bring up an excellent point, there would certainly be a multitude of things to consider if this were to be implemented.

I FULLY agree with you that "...it is partially the applicant's responsibility to take the intiative and try to adjust their ways of posting/behavior that caused them to not be accepted..." but that is I feel exactly the reason why quick feedback is so important. Consider the following theroteical example:
I applied but my application was rejected because of the way I phrased things my posts. The wording in my posts was considered to be ofensive.

Since that is just thay way I phrase things, not knowing any better I assume that it was that no TGE was available. I am unaware of the real reason my application was unsuccessful.

I just go making the same type posts, and continue 'hurting' other members with my posts.

Two weeks later I apply again and I am rejected again.
Now let's use the same example BUT this time feed is provided.
I applied but my application was rejected because of the way I phrased things my posts. The wording in my posts was considered to be ofensive.

I receive a PM back simpy stating 'Your Application was REJECTED. Some of your posts were considered offensive.'

The responsibility is now mine to go back over my posts... which I do. I notice that some of ways I phrased things could be seen as harse and critical of others input.

Now I know what is wrong, so I make sure that my posts are less critical. No longer do I 'hurt' other members with my posts.

Two weeks later I apply again and I am accepted.
Not only with feedback is the applicant successfull the second time around, but in fact the WI community as a whole is improved since a once 'hurtfull' poster has been reformed.

I am not suggesting a detailed, but rather a simlple 'check box' response on a standard 'form letter' along the following lines:
"We are sorry, but your appication for the GE has been rejected because:

[ X ] Certain posts were Rude and/or Offensive.

[ _ ] Do not have 50 non fluff posts

[ _ ] Non fluff posts were not in appropriate forums (e.g. Look What I Got)

[ _ ] Unwillingness to work with moderators.

[ _ ] No demonstration of willingness to help others.

[ _ ] No slots available in the TGE

Once you at least two weeks have passed AND you have made 50 additional non fluff posts AND any concerns identified above have been addressed you wll be elegable to reapply."
On an average day how many GE applications are received? From checking the GE application thread just the oldest post is for the 12th, and there are only 7 new applicants which woould suggest that on average there are less than 2/day.

BTW although the thread has gravatated towards a discussion of GE application feedback, it was priompted primarily by confusion over why one thread had been closed while other very simalar threads were still open. I then had the thought 'hey when a post was closed i the closing comment stated the reason why it would be a great educating tool - if it was closeed for being offensive for example I could read over it and see what was inappropriate and inversely what was acceptable."
JustDad is offline Male
Old 02-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #60
Call me Carly (:

tinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talent

O.O I sense tenseness in this thread. Lol.
I agree with your suggestions, JustDad. It would be nice to just warn the owners of a thread before closing it.
Plus, a few weeks or months back, the MMWF threads were merged and no one knew why until we all started PMing mods and administrators. We found out that it was done on purpose to prevent clutter. It really got us confused, though. It would have been nice to have been told about the merge before it happened.
tinybluesmiley is offline Female
Closed