Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #31
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: Better Moderatpr Feedback!

View Post Originally Posted by pinky719
wow! that is a lot!!

how did you find that out?
Check the members list, and then organize it by posts.
CanesFan is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #32
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

I think it would be a great idea, because I always wonder why a thread was closed.
katiepup is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #33
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
Not every issue can be solved with a form letter either, and from a purely personal stand point -- I receive so many automated calls and form letters, I love to have a little personality and help from a person once and awhile!
Thanks so much for taking the time to give such a thoughtful answer. I'm really glad that the Mods put so much care into their work here.

In the case of the GT Application process, I think that a form reject would be better than no information at all. I do agree that I like personality and help from real people... that said, it could help many people to know that their application was rejected (some don't know that) and why.

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #34
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
I just checked and there are 42,993 members with 0 posts, and another few thousand with 1.
Yes, you have clearly made your point. The only thing I said in response was that we often have hundreds or even thousands of people online at any given time. I don't see why challenging the number of active members on the site overall is relevant to my response.

Still, that makes 90,000+ that are more active than that? Sounds like a busy site to me.

Last edited by JacksMom; 02-17-2010 at 05:03 PM..
JacksMom is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by JacksMom
Hi everyone! Thanks for these suggestions. May I offer a bit of insight into why you don't always get the feedback you'd like?

WI is a massive site. We have more than 140,000 members, 500,000 threads on the servers, and more than 15,000,000 posts. The staff is all-volunteer, and we do what we can to take an extra moment and let members know when we have had to move, delete, or otherwise alter a thread. But we can't do it all the time.

Here is what I can tell you: if your thread was moved, it's because it was posted in the wrong section. That's the only reason why we ever move threads. There is no need to be embarrassed by that action, it happens a lot. If you don't know why your thread belonged in another section, PM any staff member and they will tell you.

If your thread was deleted or closed, I can only speak for myself when I say that I try to PM the thread owner, but I don't always if I'm busy. If it was deleted, it's because it broke a rule. If it was closed, it's because the conversation ran it's natural course, or you received the answer you were originally seeking, or it was a duplicate of another ongoing conversation.

If there is ever any doubt about why we make the choices we make with our moderating, your first stop is to re-read the forum rules you agreed to when joining. You will probably find your reason there.

If you don't, then PM any moderator or admin to ask for more information. All we ask is that you only reach out to ONE staff member at a time. Often, members will send a mass PM to all of us, and we end up duplicating our work or assuming another staff member already answered. That's just not effective for anyone.

I'm happy to look into occasions where reasons are unclear, and I know other staff members are willing to do the same when we can. We do ask for patience and understanding in return.
View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
Just to add to JacksMom, we don't move threads or close threads out of spite or to be mean, or for any personal purpose or gain. If it's moved, it was simply in the wrong place. No need to be offended.
If there's a reason to post on it we will, otherwise bumping a closed thread to do that serves no purpose. Or if it might be an embarassment to blue ink the thread, we'll send a PM. You all are free to contact us anytime with questions if that happens or any other time. We're here to help, that's our main purpose.
View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
I see that many of you are frustrated with how some things may work. In reality, we are all looking for the same thing -- a system which makes it easy for members to access information that the staff brings forward to them. Its not always as simple as we would all like, and sometimes it can just come down to time. I know that is something we don't want to always hear, but its just reality for us all.

However, I know we all make an effort to answer any questions we may receive. Sometimes we do loose track of which ones we have replied to or need to! I know I have many times needed to look up an answer and got pulled away to look at something else. If that is the case, asking again in a few days is not a bad thing.

Some things suggested we have had, and they were wonderful (I also loved the notification system) but due to the size and growth of WI it is just not available to us anymore. And the pros and cons of things and systems is something we have to weigh day to day, and even hour to hour.

Yes, sometimes we leave a note to why the thread was closed. Other times we do so privately. It depends on the situation, but our inboxes are always open to your questions. I think this was mentioned by Jennielou, but I want to make sure it is brought up for you all. The note on the thread or privately... That is a judgement call we make from thread to thread, issue to issue. Not every issue can be solved with a form letter either, and from a purely personal stand point -- I receive so many automated calls and form letters, I love to have a little personality and help from a person once and awhile!

Please take away this, if not anything else: We are here to help, we want to help and spend many hours of our free time at home to help you. But we can't do that without knowing there is an issue or problem as well, if you have a question -- please do not ever hesitate to ask someone. At times, we may not realize you have further questions that what we have out lined, or what has been put forward.

We do what we can, when we can. Not everything is possible, but we like to think we are all working together (staff and members) to make things as easy as possible, sometimes that just means asking a question or two as well.
Thank you all, JacksMom, Jennielou, and MissGnomie for taking the time to give such an informative and constructive response. It just shows your dedication to keeping WI a friendly open forum where all issues can be discussed with diplomacy.

I see the validity of many of the points brought to light and would just like to point out a little helpful tip to all (non-moderator) members that sometimes a little research can go a long way. I will often revist the Rules and FAQS, Sicky threads, and even read through a thread completely whenever I have a question and more often than not I find my answer.

And also a well thought out non-threatening question to an appropriate moderator can go a long way. We're all working toward the same goal of making our time here on WI fun and informative.

Last edited by PaperButterfly; 02-17-2010 at 05:20 PM..
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #36
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by JacksMom
Yes, you have clearly made your point. The only thing I said in response was that we often have hundreds or even thousands of people online at any given time. I don't see why challenging the number of active members on the site overall is relevant to my response.

Still, that makes 90,000+ that are more active than that? Sounds like a busy site to me.
I'm sorry, I just re-read your last few posts, and I misunderstood what you were saying. I wasn't trying to "challenge" how many members we actually have that are active, nor your response to the thread. WI is a very large community, and I am sure you guys have your hands full with real life activities, let alone keeping WI safe. I apologize.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #37
willymo135
Webkinz :)

curioshop999 will become famous soon enough

you are so right. i have to check back to the thread for applications to be a gift trainee several times to see if my post has been deleted. i also agree with the other stuff you said and i love how you gave ideas on how to fix it, not just talking about it.

great thread!
curioshop999 is offline Male
Old 02-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #38
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by PaperButterfly
Thank you all, JacksMom, Jennielou, and MissGnomie for taking the time to give such an informative and constructive response. It just shows your dedication to keeping WI a friendly open forum where all issues can be discussed with diplomacy.

I see the validity of many of the points brought to light and would just like to point out a little reminder to all (non-moderator) members that sometimes a little research can go a long way. I will often revist the Rules and FAQS, Sicky threads, and even read through a thread completely whenever I have a question and more often than not I find my answer.

And also a well thought out non-threatening question to an appropriate moderator can go a long way. We're all working toward the same goal of making our time here on WI fun and informative.
Agreed.

Speaking of better moderator feedback... Is there any way we can fix the typo in the title of this thread?

It is driving me crazy... Not that that's a long drive!

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #39
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
Agreed.

Speaking of better moderator feedback... Is there any way we can fix the typo in the title of this thread?

It is driving me crazy... Not that that's a long drive!

-- Hmm
Glad I wasn't alone...

I've been reading over the posts of this thread a few times, and I'm starting to change feelings. The moderators on here are all volunteers (or so we think... ..... just kidding...) and have a life outside of WI. They do their best to keep this forum the best out there, and they do a pretty good darn job. If they get a chance to post why a thread was changed or not, then that is great of them, but if they dont have a chance to, I'm sure they were in a rush to correct another mistake made by a WI member. I'm sure theyre up to their necks in things to do, whether on WI or at home, and I'm guessing it can be hard to keep everything straight in hand. WI Staff, thank you for all you do on this forum.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #40
Lol :)
Webkinz :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
Just to add to JacksMom, we don't move threads or close threads out of spite or to be mean, or for any personal purpose or gain. If it's moved, it was simply in the wrong place. No need to be offended.
If there's a reason to post on it we will, otherwise bumping a closed thread to do that serves no purpose. Or if it might be an embarassment to blue ink the thread, we'll send a PM. You all are free to contact us anytime with questions if that happens or any other time. We're here to help, that's our main purpose.
Oh, I know, but sometimes I feel that my threads are closed for no reason and I really want an explanation. That's all.
Maine is offline Female
Closed