Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

MusicLover101 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: It would be cool if WI had a instant messaging system.

That would be so awesome Karen! I mean this is a brilliant idea!!! I really wish WI had this, but you know, it might just be a teensy weensy bit much to have a third option You can put it in your sig if your leaving, but if your a person who hates changing there siggy, try putting a message onto your profile. Then your friends who try to VM you will see it But there is a possibility of people sending on your profile "I will miss you!" and the message getting lost, so the third option would be EPIC! If the owners wanted it, of course.
MusicLover101 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

Why not just PM your friends that you aren't going to be on WebkinzInsider for a few days, and then put it in your signature? Plus, the way vBulletin is set up, I don't think that the staff of WebkinzInsider can add any features. I once had a thread up about maybe having a status, like on FaceBook, but I was told that you can't do that because they don't have the ability to add something like that to the forum.

Great suggestion though.
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Ummmmmmmm.

About the instant messaging system: already have that. It's called a VM (Visitor Message; the things on your profile)

About instant messaging more than one person: we already have that, too. It's called the DCT; Daily Chat Thread. It's in the Open Mike section of the forum (near the bottom)

About "hey, I'm on vacation" messages: you can simply put that stuff in your signature. Even find a cute little avatar to go with it!

So yes, it is a good idea, but it's such a good idea that we already have it.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

This is also known as VMs. Instant messaging like Yahoo and ***** aren't included in the vBulletin package which WI has.
lego is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
ImaC-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N

Erinmokney has a reputation beyond reputeErinmokney has a reputation beyond reputeErinmokney has a reputation beyond reputeErinmokney has a reputation beyond reputeErinmokney has a reputation beyond reputeErinmokney has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everybody that you can just put that in your siggy, but i guess it would be kind of neat.
Erinmokney is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
neo464
Gift Guru

neo464 is on a distinguished road

PM systems can be quite taxing on a website and cause the site to lag.
neo464 is offline Male
Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #17

ra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud of

maybe you could just pm all your friends that you are going on vacation? you can only pm 5 at a time, but just make a list and copy and paste the names into the send box
ra1727 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I know VM\PM is like it, but I agree. You could talk to so many people at once. I mean, VMS you could see anytime but the IMs.. idk I think it'd be awesome. Like:

Craftyreader: HI!
----: Hello. :]
Craftyreader: Guess what?
----: What!?
Craftyreader: I'm happy.
----: Why?
Craftyreader: I have no idea. O__o
----: LOL.

It'd be like vmming, privatly. Sort of like a pm-vm mix.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 01-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #19
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

Thank you all for all the great support After a few opinion/messages I kinda regretted putting this up there and wish I could have removed it. But I don't feel so bad now
I was just an idea that I thought was good. I didn't think about messaging people ahead of time or putting it in my signature. Good ideas that I will do.
I will definitely do my research before I post another great idea LOL!!!
karenpd is offline Female
Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #20

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

It is cool, but there's PMS and it's just like it.
Closed

Tags
s.m.o.p.h.i.e, you are beautiful(: