Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #61
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: Bad words in WI!

View Post Originally Posted by I~L~Y
i say we should use those words we have the freedom to speak as we wish long as we dont use curse words
You have the freedom to say what you want but you don't have the freedom to treat other members on WI with disrespect. Some do consider "stupid" and "hate" to be unkind words. I myself do. This is a moderated site and if you think you can say what you want, when you want...you have another thing coming. I think you really missed the main point of this thread.
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #62
Dixiestorm
Webkinz :)

Webkinzgirl55 will become famous soon enough

Well, some words aren't that bad. Also, if it is blocked, people can do this say hate was the blocked word, they could say "h8. hte. H8te." lol so IDK if it would work.
Webkinzgirl55 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #63
juliaandella
Gifted

juliaandella is a name known to alljuliaandella is a name known to alljuliaandella is a name known to all

I grew up in a time, and a place, where people didn't get their feelings hurt quite so easily. Even kids. I'm a pretty sensitive & emotional person, so that's saying a lot. I think it's important - don't get me wrong - that we are polite to one another and do not use any vulgar language. However, I think sometimes the membership here takes things very, very personally even when someone posting isn't saying anything directly rude to anybody. Some people take a strong opinion, directed at no one, as a personal assault.

I guess I think it goes both ways...language needs to be watched...but sometimes we need to be reasonable and really think "Is this person's opinion really directed at me?" before getting our ire up.
juliaandella is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #64

Ally3795 is just really niceAlly3795 is just really nice

it depends on how people say it but i agree. i posted on a thread and someone told me yeah we built a bridge and got over it......
Ally3795 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #65
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by kaykat31
Those are very strong,hurtful words!I have a website & everytime someone says a bad word likme those it ********'s them out, maybe the admins can do that here!It you want to see, try at my website click here
This website does block out bad words with ***'s but what the thread starter was getting at is they don't block ENOUGH words, such as dumb, stupid, or hate.

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzgirl55
Well, some words aren't that bad. Also, if it is blocked, people can do this say hate was the blocked word, they could say "h8. hte. H8te." lol so IDK if it would work.
But did you realize that it is against WI rules to change a BLOCKED word around so you can say it? Because it is.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #66
norm go mooooooooooo
Gift Guru
cheekydogluver88 has much to be proud ofcheekydogluver88 has much to be proud ofcheekydogluver88 has much to be proud ofcheekydogluver88 has much to be proud of

Well, I think it depends how you use them. Any word can be turned against you and make you feel bad. This is why we have a red flag to report someones post. I agree with i <3 webkinz! though, because if the word is starred out it doesn't make it right to put a space or period.
cheekydogluver88 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #67
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I agree with juliaandella. I think that we should all be courteous to each other, but I really don't think it is a problem. I really think I see more posts trying to stop the rudeness than the actually rude posts. It really depends on how you use them. If you are putting someone down with these words, it is not okay. There are times where I consider these words acceptable, depending on the context in with they are used.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #68
rayquaza133

i agree 100% with you! hate is a very strong word! even if someone says "i dislike you" it can ruin their cheer. also in stories i am seeing more and more bad lauguage by the day. lets say cake is a bad word, they would be like c a k e or ca.ke or ca**! i can't believe how much worse bad lauguage has gotten since i joined in 2007! c'mon people! lets make wi a better place!=]

~ray
Old 06-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #69
ae_girl13

Well I agree with you mostly. Hate is a really mean word and shouldn't be used unless you really mean it, and not towards someone. Of course if you said "I hate the way GANZ retires new webkinz" or whatever, but dumb and stupid, I am not sure about. Towards a person...Thats not right. -AE
Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #70
Ugh! im still a

murgum will become famous soon enough

yeah mean someones feelings could really get hurt and it could seriously ruin their day
murgum is offline Female
Closed