Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #41
Kiss the Hot Italian
Webkinz :)

bellabean123 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Bad words in WI!

i totally agree with you!
bellabean123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #42
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

In a way i'm with you and in another way im against you on this one. I would say half or more than half of this site is made up of kids/teens from the age of 10+. If you are around that age you usually tend to start trying to act cool of like a awesome teen. So you would say stuff like " You're Stu.pid (idk if it'll bleep out) jk =P." That is the new age and that is how we talk. So that is why i'm against you.... but i'm with you because this is a enviroment that a few kids under the age of 8 and they don't want to pick up those bad words... so that is why im with you.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #43
astromiranda
Gift Guru

astromiranda is on a distinguished road

Well, certain toilet words aren't allowed but, crap is. I consider it a cuss word and think it should be banned. Just my 2 cents!
astromiranda is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #44
sf4581
Gift Guru

sf4581 is a name known to allsf4581 is a name known to allsf4581 is a name known to all

I think it's a matter of respect. Some people just don't want to hear so much negativity. WI is an escape for me, and it should be a fun place. I've also noticed people who claim "it's free speech" or "we shouldn't curse" write in run on sentences, have very poor grammar and lots of spelling mistakes. Some people just don't care.

Last edited by sf4581; 07-04-2008 at 11:50 AM..
sf4581 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #45
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Some words some ppl think are curse words are NOT curse words to other ppl...it depends on age and their families.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #46
nomorepogo
Gift Guru

nomorepogo is a glorious beacon of lightnomorepogo is a glorious beacon of light

I find this post very odd. If someone was to tell me they hated me I think I would have to say... well thats your problem. I have a few very good friends in here. Some that I see and visit in real life. Terms of endearment to some may be downright rude to others. My friend is a giant ****.. and she thinks I am one too. I would almost be heart broken if she went a day without telling me how much of a **** I was. Some people take things too seriously. The majority of these people you don't really know, now do you? Do you really care what they say? I agree it is wrong to intentionally hurt someone's feelings but if you take away all the so called 'bad' words then this is going to be nothing more than Kinzchat. You can say hello, goodbye, I love your house... etc.

Here is my opinion.... I hate brown recluse spiders, I hate tornado's, I seriously dislike ignorance and I love all those people that died so that I can speak my mind.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #47
venus1414
Gift Guru

venus1616 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by sf4581
I think it's a matter of respect. Some people just don't want to hear so much negativity. WI is an escape for me, and it should be a fun place. I've also noticed people who claim "it's free speech" or "we shouldn't curse" write in run on sentences, have very poor grammar and lots of spelling mistakes. Some people just don't care.
i dont really see wat grammar has to do with this. i dont capitalize words and write in run ons somethimes here, but that doesnt seem to b the point of this thread. i dont really care how i type here, i would if i was writing an english paper, but this is where ur judged on ur points of views and kindness, not grammar.

i agree that some people are trying to hurt others but there is a BIG difference between calling someone stupid and calling something stupid. if i say this stupid computer isnt working, i doubt anyone here would find that offencive.
venus1616 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #48
nomorepogo
Gift Guru

nomorepogo is a glorious beacon of lightnomorepogo is a glorious beacon of light

And there is my case and point... I had no idea that such a harmless word was censored.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #49
I See Dead
Webkinz :)

smallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to allsmallfry120 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by kaykat31
Those are very strong,hurtful words!I have a website & everytime someone says a bad word likme those it ********'s them out, maybe the admins can do that here!It you want to see, try at my website click here
Well, I think this is a fantastic idea!

You see, I think you should make a rule about saying words, and what words are not allowed.I'm sure this would help.

But with all of the users here on WI, there is obviously going to be a few people that will break that rule.I think that everyone running WI should make that rule, and also use the "***" thing too.I think that if you do this, it will make WI an even more "all-age friendly" place.

I also think that posts that have words changed to "***"'s should be somehow automatically sent to mods.This may not be possible.But if it is, the mods could then review the posts and decide if the words were used in a bad way.I think that could be used for posts with the terms "hate" and "stupid", etc. in them. Because like everyone else said, there is a difference between "i hate homework" and "I hate you".But, like said before, "hate" and "stupid" always have a possibility of hurting someone, no matter how they are used.
But curse words are a WHOLE other story. I think that posts with "***''d out words should be sent to mods.but maybe with curse words(so the mods know they aren'yt words like "hate") should maybe have bold red stars. Something so the mods know they are a little worse than others.

Then, the mods could keep track of all the users that have words turned into"***"'s in their posts.After a number of "***" posts, I think the mods should then send"warnings" to the users(through PM.)After maybe 3 warnings per user, maybe other actions should take place in order to keep the "bad" words out of WI.

I know my post may have been confusing, but I think that something definitely need to be done about hurtful words on WI.Maybe my idea and others' could be used to stop the hurt feelings. There coulkd be trial and error experiments to see if the ideas work.

Well, I hope that this problem gets solved.I understand that we have freedom of speech, but sometimes our words can just plain go too far.And hurt feelings are NEVER a good thing, whether they are caused by words, or actions.

Thanks for trying to solve this problem Pandyma618.I'm sure that once it is solved, it will definitely be worth the trouble.

Bye for now.

Sincerely,

Smallfry120
smallfry120 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #50
Gift Guru

cftrox will become famous soon enough

I completely agree with you. I hope this thread puts a different idea into everyone's head...even though some of you may think ''If someone strongly thinks something they should say it'' I'm not all the way against you-its just sometimes offensive to people and if you can't say anything nice, I would think you shouldn't say it at all....

~Cftrox~

Last edited by cftrox; 06-30-2008 at 04:56 PM..
Closed