Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #91
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Bad words in WI!

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz iz cool
To tell you the truth,that won't stop most people.If they say something like,"I hate bright pink(no offence)" then they'll add a period "I hat.e bright pink(no offence)"and it won't star it out.
And what's wrong with that sentance? I hate brown. It's boring. ANyone else can like it, but it's not my taste. I didn't offend anyone , but I said what I thought.

---------- Ivie added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by skate13star
i think that people should be able to use those words because pretty soon no one will be able to say anything.
100% agree. I understand WI needs to be safe, but it's making it so you can't say anything

Last edited by Ivie; 06-30-2008 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ivie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #92
Webkinz :)

chillpill96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I'm Chillpill. Thanks for your post; it will really allow us to debate on a serious issue. Here is what I think about it. Hate is a very strong word, and it should never be used liberally. I believe that as long as you have reason for it, it is fine to hate any object, place, idea, or action. But the boundary for hatred, in my opinion, is people. And to tell a person that you hate them is what I define as a highly punishable display of disrespect. I think posts should be automatically red flagged by all who read them when they have the phrase "I hate [person's name or the word 'you']" in them. However, I think we should be free to express our view of ideas, organizations, etc, and I don't find the words 'dumb', 'stupid', etc as very serious, just rather rude. There will always be rude people in this world, and sadly, we can't change that. But, as for the swearing and cursing with periods and spaces in between them, that is unacceptible. There are children who use WI, and also people like me, and being subjected to profanity is simply unpleasant. So all who read this, please consider people other than yourself and KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN AND APPROPRIATE!!!!!!!! I think that WI needs to crack down hard on profanity and vulgar words that slip through. But everyone, please do your part and red flag all posts with inappropriate content!!! That's my opinion! Thank you and have a nice day!

---------- chillpill96 added 11 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz iz cool
To tell you the truth,that won't stop most people.If they say something like,"I hate bright pink(no offence)" then they'll add a period "I hat.e bright pink(no offence)"and it won't star it out.
ok, no offense to anyone, but what is wrong with the sentence "i hate bright pink"? BRIGHT PINK IS JUST A COLOR. colors don't have feelings. i personally love bright pink, and i could care less if any one disagrees! my best friend hates half the stuff i love, but yet, she's still my best friend, and we've never fought over anything even once! we should all be able to respect our differences and voice our opinions, but we should also know when to quit, and how to respect eachother enough to refrain from plainout insulting one another. it is a very fine line my friends. finer than a strand of hair.

Last edited by chillpill96; 06-30-2008 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
chillpill96 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #93
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

I agree that we shouldn't say them but earlier I posted "What I think about Ganz retiring the ones not even released is stupid...." but I would NEVER ever say that to a person (aabout them). I was just stating my opinion. I think that we should be able to say the words (just no cuss) but if they are using it inappropriately then we will flag them.
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #94
Lil Kinz
biggmike425 is an unknown quantity at this point

well im sorry pandyma, you sheltered individual, that we do not live in a world full of rainbows and butterflies.. really am, but that just isn't the case. and another thing if you get offended by what is said over wi, you really need help. one, its the internet two, its webkinz. big deal.. get a life

---------- biggmike425 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

that went to anyone else who agrees with her

Last edited by biggmike425; 06-30-2008 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #95
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by skate13star
i think that people should be able to use those words because pretty soon no one will be able to say anything.
I agree with you. One time someone told me that they had a certain type of cancer. This is a cancer only women get, and it is symbolized with a pink ribbon. That word is blocked out. And while I think it might be for a good reason, it limits things. It is also a cut of meat on a chicken. If we do this to every word that could be remotely inappropriate, it would be very hard to communicate. Look at how limited KC+ is. There are always going to be ways for people to slip through the cracks of rules, and I don't see why we have to form a utopia on this site.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #96
sandrinha

Default Re: Words to consider with much thought before using (or even not to use at all)

oh oh

now u are making me think about myself

oh oh

Mmmmmmmmm

i do some of those mistakes saying these words often and on...but hubby always correct me
Closed