Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
azlachat
Gift Guru

azlachat is a jewel in the roughazlachat is a jewel in the rough

Donation Level 3 
Default Wish that there was more that WI could do than just Ban Bad Traders & Scammers??? Maybe there is...

I opened my GE to some pretty disturbing news this morning...A good WI friend had just been scammed by a PAIR of nasty, no good scammers...They were able to do it by making the trade sound VERY reasonable and my friend sent first as customary as they (the scammers) had more feedback points....Such a shame that these JERKS would take advantage of WIs' policy that was made to help ensure that our trades here were smooth and worked out well for both parties!!!

Well, if you are tired like I am of these kind of dirtbags just getting banned from WI and having no other consequence then listen up...

We are well over 70,000 strong now...A voice to be reckoned with I'd say...So what if we gave a full accounting of our bad traders/scammers directly to Ganz with the results of the WI investigation leading to their banning? I believe that Ganz would fully support this knowing just how many of us feel betrayed and hurt by these cowards who prey on those of us that are good, fair and honest...LET Ganz decide if they should be banned for life from Webkinz World...I cannot believe anything but that they would glady follow through and throw the bums out!!! At least that way we know that they would have paid a price for being dishonest, lowly individuals...AND who knows, maybe a few people could get back some of the stuff that was stolen from them by Ganz too!!!

Last edited by azlachat; 07-22-2008 at 01:06 PM..
azlachat is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Wish that there was more that WI could do than just Ban Bad Traders & Scammers??? Maybe there is...

GREAT idea azla! I think I know the pair...very unfortunate, actually, because I have conducted a fair trade with one of them...he/she was very nice and polite too, such a shame...
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Wish that there was more that WI could do than just Ban Bad Traders & Scammers??? Maybe there is...

Yes, it is terrible to hear that a couple of bad apples can spoil the fun for the rest of us. I am happy to report that the GE members rallied around their friends and were able to take some of the sting out of being scammed, but, of course, nothing can wipe it away totally.

I'm afraid that the official policy by Ganz is that they do not accept any responsibility for trades conducted outside of the Clubhouse Trade Rooms (much the same way WI does not accept any responsibility for trades conducted inside the trade rooms).

The scammers have been banned from WI, and their names have been added to the WI scammer list. All we can hope is that this will serve as a warning to anyone who might consider trading with them in the future.
FIA is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Makes me kinda nervous because I just got approved to be a gift trainee.... It took me a while to apply because I am kinda hesitant to trust... I know I will do fairly but you have to just assume that someone else you don't know will be trustworthy too....
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Just as FIA said, they have said many, many, times that they do not take responsibility for trades through Kinzpost.

Here is a quote from their announcement, which you can read, here.

Quote:
Members are free to conduct in-world trades of Webkinz World items as they choose, but for no outside compensation of any kind, financial or otherwise. Trading through KinzPost is not secure though and we do not recommend the practice. We will be adding a secure item-for-item trading feature to Webkinz World in the coming months.
Also, right before you send a package via Kinzpost, it says:

Quote:
Please remember that when you send a gift you cannot expect anything in return.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
azlachat
Gift Guru

azlachat is a jewel in the roughazlachat is a jewel in the rough

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Just as FIA said, they have said many, many, times that they do not take responsibility for trades through Kinzpost.

Here is a quote from their announcement, which you can read, here.

Also, right before you send a package via Kinzpost, it says:
Both FIA and you make a good point, however, this is NOT really about Ganz and a specific trade (though I admit it would be nice for them to help out) IT is about letting Ganz know about the character of someone playing in their "safe" environment...These people are without conscience, as shown by their actions...Since
Ganz does not tolerate and will not allow cheaters OR others taking advantage of others in any way at their site, if we were to show them that these people "cheated" in any way perhaps Ganz may feel differently...Again, situations change and policies and procedures often are adapted to fit the needs of a particular situation...Maybe Ganz has had this long standing policy too long and it needs to be looked at, that's all I'm suggesting here...I'd really like to see our members, young & old know that Ganz might be willing to readdress this very important issue...After all, more & more sites are popping up all the time AND I'm willing to bet that people will start notifying Ganz regardless of their current policy regarding scammers/bad traders off site as even more "Rotten Apples" pop up on these sites...
azlachat is offline Female
Closed