Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Ellie

Default why was my thread deleted?

I posted a thread about pictures I found on another site and it was deleted but no one sent me a PM saying why it was deleted. I know there's a rule about not posting unofficial pictures, but I didn't post any pictures, nor did I give the name of a website. I just said PM me for the link. Is that against the rules? It would have been helpful to get a PM from whoever deleted my thread so I knew why and knew not to do it again.

Also, how come other websites don't get shut down for posting pictures before ganz approves them? I know 2 sites in particular that always have insider info before WI. They are very popular sites that I'm sure people from ganz has seen, so if they can post pictures, why can't WI?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
I'm moose-a-licious
Webkinz :)

crazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant future

Default Re: why was my thread deleted?

well i suppose it was for giving out the web address to people, but that question is much better suited for a mod of some sort. and those other sites aren't run by all that respectable of people, i'm not sure how GANZ could just shut a website down. it's just WI's policy not to post those kinds of pictures
crazymoose is offline Male
Old 07-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
Ellie

what do you mean not respectable? I don't actually know anyone who runs these sites and I don't know where or how they get the info, but it seems like it should be their right to post it...I dunno...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
I'm moose-a-licious
Webkinz :)

crazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant future

well what kind of a person steals images from GANZ just so they can post them like 2 days before GANZ releases them...? that's just my opinion though
crazymoose is offline Male
Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #5

cbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
cbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

View Post Originally Posted by Ellie
what do you mean not respectable? I don't actually know anyone who runs these sites and I don't know where or how they get the info, but it seems like it should be their right to post it...I dunno...
Many people gain their information by hacking into Ganz to lift from the servers the images or names of new items. It isn't theirs to post if they are breaking in to get it.
cbjhockey is offline Female
Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Hi Ellie. Your thread was closed because it did include images hacked from the Ganz system. Here is an excerpt from our rules and guidelines:

We are aware that the posting of images not yet released by Ganz is permitted on other Webkinz Fan sites, but it is not allowed here on Webkinz Insider. Those images, which have been lifted out of the Ganz system without their authorization, still fall under the copyright of Ganz. Posting them without the permission of Ganz is against the law and therefore is expressly forbidden on Webkinz Insider.

Thats a decision Justin and Wendy have made and we stick by it today. Ganz has already issued warning shots to those websites in the past. Why they continue to allow them to post those images is unbeknownst to us and in all honesty, truly none of our concern.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Sorry Ellie you are correct. You did not post images. I misread your first post of that deleted thread. The issue with other websites that continue to post these images is that people continuously post images here from those websites. We've even had to censor some of those websites out. To us, its just like us posting them here. We respect and comply with Ganz and we dont support the practice of hacking the images. If theres an issue that we don't support, we surely don't want it being discussed on the board.

Hope that makes sense. Its late and I probably should have been asleep like 2 hours ago from the way I feel...lol.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed