Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #31
not telling
Webkinz :)

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Why does this happen?

I have seen the database error, and the Joomala. It just crashed on me, also. I wonder why it does that... Like you said, a bug, or maybe Justin is updating it.
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

ok, so i'm not alone!!! b/c every now and then WI crashes and to "contact the admin" ...???
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #33
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Vickie
This is the same screen I get too when the site goes down!
I was getting a page with WI's logo and "were temperately unavailable" for a while, this was the first time I got "Joomla!"

---------- Munchies added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by ChihuahuaGrl16
ok, so i'm not alone!!! b/c every now and then WI crashes and to "contact the admin" ...???
I get that too.. but its kinda hard to contact an admin when you cant see the site/get to profiles/PMs

Last edited by Munchies; 02-14-2009 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Munchies is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #34
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

question-when my WI crashes, i do not get the Joomla! message. are you guys using a certain browser or anything else that would cause you to get it but not me?
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #35
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I'm using Safari... when WI crashed I tried Firefox but I got the same result.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #36
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

i always use IE...i prefer safari but it really doesn't seem to work on a windows based computer

i wonder if Joomla! only appers on certain browsers? has anyone gotten it on IE?
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #37
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

WI has been crashing a lot more often for me too..
Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #38
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I searched Joomla on Google and it seems similar to vBulletin. Very weird. I kept refreshing when the error message came up. The first several tries they were vBulletin errors, but the last few were Joomla.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #39
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
I agree he does continuosly make this place better, but I don't see a change.
Same here. It's probably a bug....
PS. WI has been getting a bit glitchy in the past few days...
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #40
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

It depends on where you are going... if you go to WebkinzInsider -- Your Original Source for Webkinz News, Recipes, Secrets, Forums since 2007! - Home, you will see a Joomla message when the database cluster becomes unreachable. If you are on www.webkinzinsider.com/forum, you will probably see a database error message. This is because Joomla is the content management software that we use for the front page and webkinz catalog, amongst other things and the forum software is vbulletin. They may look integrated, but they are two separate systems.

As for the reason that the database cluster has been going down, I don't have an answer. It's a problem that started back in January and has random frequency and there doesn't appear to be a cause for it in the logs. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I am able to reboot the database cluster via an application on my iPhone, so it will usually only be down for < 10 minutes if it does go down. I'll figure it out....
Justin is offline Male
Closed