Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #31
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Re: Why Be A Do-Bee?

View Post Originally Posted by Twinkle
I agree, there doesn't need to be a huge post each time. Just tell the person if they are inappropriate, if they continue then flag them. They either have to play by WI rules or WI will not let them on the playground.
I agree, but you want other members refraining from doing this too.
badena2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #32
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Why Be A Do-Bee?

There seems to be a misconception that flagging posts means getting someone in trouble. The mods aren't sitting around, waiting to swoop down and yell at people. A lot of things that get flagged just involve a friendly reminder. We are not mad if someone forgets and posts their age, but we need to know about it so we can remove it. WI is so big that it helps if members report issues. Also, sometimes people respond better if a mod reminds them of a rule rather than another member. Finally, some things need to be flagged because only a mod can fix them. For example, it doesn't do any good to tell a member their thread needs to be moved to another section... they can't move it. Just flag it and let us take care of it.

One request, though....you don't need to announce that you've flagged something. Saying things like "By the way, I just reported you" or "If you don't stop, I'll report you" is not helpful and often leads to hurt feelings. Just flag it and go on with your day.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #33
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
There seems to be a misconception that flagging posts means getting someone in trouble. The mods aren't sitting around, waiting to swoop down and yell at people. A lot of things that get flagged just involve a friendly reminder. We are not mad if someone forgets and posts their age, but we need to know about it so we can remove it. WI is so big that it helps if members report issues. Also, sometimes people respond better if a mod reminds them of a rule rather than another member. Finally, some things need to be flagged because only a mod can fix them. For example, it doesn't do any good to tell a member their thread needs to be moved to another section... they can't move it. Just flag it and let us take care of it.

One request, though....you don't need to announce that you've flagged something. Saying things like "By the way, I just reported you" or "If you don't stop, I'll report you" is not helpful and often leads to hurt feelings. Just flag it and go on with your day.
That is true. The mods. are there to make sure everyone is obeying the rules, not just to yell at everyone.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #34
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

I've read through all the posts, and want to thank everyone for voicing their opinions in such a civilazed manner. WHen I saw the first post, I immediately thought this would turn into a "word slinging" thread. I'm so happy that did not happen.

As for the original post, I understand what you are conveying. There are an aweful lot of posts offering out reminders, and warnings, and things to do and not do... several posts, day after day.

The problem is, I personally like them. I think that everyone has the right to voice a concern, to raise a question, and to offer out friendly advice and gentle reminders and things we should or should not do here in WI. (I do agree that seeing the same topic, posted side by side, is frustrating... but check the 'dates' on the ornginal post. Sometimes there are not posted on the same days, but end up next to each other in the thread due to when people respond to them).

As a parent, I WANT and encourage other parents and well-meaning individuals to correct my children's behavior if they see them doing something inappropriate or bad-mannered. Whether it's reminding them to say please and thank you, or to tell them that something they did may have hurt anothers' feelings... I WANT my children to hear these reminders. I do my best to teach them from the get go what is and is not allowed, but with peer pressures, exposure to school situations, television, and even books.... We all learn and see things that we sometimes copy and repeat without thinking about. We all need reminders every now and then, and I am always grateful to see those reminders.
I would rather see the reminder, and hopefully teach someone a lesson, then see them get in trouble and 'action taken' simply because no one bothered to reach out and let that person know something they are **** is wrong.

I am a "Do-Bee" and always will be. It takes the whole family and commuity to keep others safe in real life, and should be no different in an online environment. We should always look out for each other.

But, I DO agree with you, that there are some posts that are repeated so often, and so frequently, that the message gets lost in the constant flooding of it. And I DO agree that there are some who create posts simply because they can, and they want others to read and respond. However, this is a public forum, and everyone is entitled to read and post what they choose so long as they follow the posted rules and guidelines.

Thank you for bring up this topic, and for doing it is such a respectful way.
I like to have to "think" about something for a while before I respond, and your post really did make me think.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Closed