Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #21
I is the Greatest!!!
Webkinz :)

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: Why Be A Do-Bee?

View Post Originally Posted by gReTa
I agree. This whole section is, lately anyways, FILLED with "Reminder: (insert reminder here). I'm glad when there's an actual suggestion about something that should be added. Most of us already know that stuff, and we, at least I know I am, am sick and tired of people reminding us, like a parent. Sure, maybe a few people break a rule, but that's why there's the report button and that's why there's mods and admins. And-a lot of these people I know, and they're not parents, not even adults, they're kids. i think they might really be "fishing", but not for fish, for rep.

I have a feeling a lot of these Do-Bee's are very insecure people, and are creating these threads so that people will think they're smart and amazing-when in actually, if they acted the way they do elsewhere, we'd love them anyways.
I don't know if you thought about this but maybe the parent/ kid or the adult would rather remind you than push the report button and get you in to trouble with a Mod. or Admins. I myself don't want anyone getting in trouble and I know the other person causing problems does not want to be reported to the Mods. and Admins. So if I can remind them rather than get them in trouble and they straighten up then it was all worth while. Just be Thankful you weren't reported and be nice.
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #22
webkinz_forever

I believe we need these reminders. I actually like the reminders, and I don't agree with your idea.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #23
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Yes, often times people force their opinions on others. If they don't agree with what you're doing, they think you should automatically stop it, even if you aren't breaking any rules. Truth is, not everyone will agree with what other members say or do, and can get a litte too detailed with their opinions about other people.
It makes me feel so untrusted. We have good reasons for what we do.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #24
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

wow! i never knew that! it would e good if everyone had everyday manners like most people do. but sadly, we still need moderators because even thought most people are do-bees, we still have like 10% of people who aren't but it is good to bring this up☺

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 03-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #25
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by CHRISBILL
I don't know if you thought about this but maybe the parent/ kid or the adult would rather remind you than push the report button and get you in to trouble with a Mod. or Admins. I myself don't want anyone getting in trouble and I know the other person causing problems does not want to be reported to the Mods. and Admins. So if I can remind them rather than get them in trouble and they straighten up then it was all worth while. Just be Thankful you weren't reported and be nice.

Although you do have a point, I personally think one reminder thread per common issue is enough-it seems like sometimes when one person creates, i dunno a "don't post in red or blue", 2 days later another will appear.
gReTa is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #26
Midreams has a spectacular aura aboutMidreams has a spectacular aura about

I want to thank everyone who has responded, either agreeing or disagreeing. As I said in my initial post, I was just throwing my thoughts out there for comments.

For those of you who think that it's useful that everyone be reminded how to "Do-Bee", I don't at all disagree. My simple point was to suggest that "helpful hints" can easily get out of control when too many people take it upon themselves to lecture the community on Dos and Dont's.

Fess up. How many of you like(d) the teacher's pet?

"Mrs. Johnson! Mrs. Johnson! You said that you were giving out our big project today!"

"Mrs. Johnson! Mrs. Johnson! Michael just said a bad word!"

"Mrs. Johnson! Mrs. Johnson! Suzy is looking at Cindy's test paper!"

"Mrs. Johnson! Mrs. Johnson! Can I carry your books to the teacher's lounge?"

Can I clap the erasers? Should I go get the janitor? Should I call Pete's mommy about the homework he is missing? Can I......

You know what I'm talking about. The "helpful threads that all start out....

"I've noticed that too many people are blah-blah-blah, and I think that this is wrong/mean/bad/against the rules/has to stop/ isn't fair/ dangerous/ causes bad breath/ disrespectful/ ruins your chances of getting a date to the senior prom. I think everyone needs to stop doing this right now, so that WI can be the bestest place in the whole world!"

Again, I'm just suggesting that - if you're tempted to write one of those posts - that you ask yourself a) has someone already said this very recently? b) are you really the one who should be telling everyone else should behave? and most importantly c) is your post really going to make a difference, anyway?

Thanks to the folks who have offered me rep points, and especially those who sent me PMs. I'd respond, if only I wasn't a WI peasant, who hasn't earned his PM abilities yet!

Oh, and of course, how could I have missed it - this Do-Bee post isn't complete without:
Midreams is offline Male
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #27
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Why Be A Do-Bee?

View Post Originally Posted by gReTa
I agree. This whole section is, lately anyways, FILLED with "Reminder: (insert reminder here). I'm glad when there's an actual suggestion about something that should be added. Most of us already know that stuff, and we, at least I know I am, am sick and tired of people reminding us, like a parent. Sure, maybe a few people break a rule, but that's why there's the report button and that's why there's mods and admins. And-a lot of these people I know, and they're not parents, not even adults, they're kids. i think they might really be "fishing", but not for fish, for rep.

I have a feeling a lot of these Do-Bee's are very insecure people, and are creating these threads so that people will think they're smart and amazing-when in actually, if they acted the way they do elsewhere, we'd love them anyways.
Yes, that is true! I agree gReTa! But, also, sometimes somebody says something mean, and a thread could be a great reminder.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
I'm moose-a-licious

crazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant futurecrazymoose has a brilliant future

Lol, this is a nice idea. I like the old TV-show story too
We really shouldn't need countless reminders daily >__> You are very right.
crazymoose is offline Male
Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #29
ell have a good day

Jenn965 is just really niceJenn965 is just really nice

I know what you are saying
Jenn965 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #30
Sparkle like a
Gift Guru

Twinkle is a name known to allTwinkle is a name known to allTwinkle is a name known to all

I agree, there doesn't need to be a huge post each time. Just tell the person if they are inappropriate, if they continue then flag them. They either have to play by WI rules or WI will not let them on the playground.
Twinkle is offline Female
Closed