Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #11
<3
Webkinz :)

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Why Be A Do-Bee?

I totally understand. I agree totally. I thin that maybe every once in awhile you should have a reminder, but only if the moderators don't do anything about it. I personally think it fills up thread with useless posts. lol. =]]
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #12
Gifted

BeeslyHalpert is a jewel in the roughBeeslyHalpert is a jewel in the rough

I understand. A forum where I used to moderate used to consider vigilante moderation a violation as bad as the original offense. However, I think most people who make threads mean well, they're just trying to encourage good behavior.
BeeslyHalpert is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
tink55555

TINK55555 will become famous soon enough

I loved Romper Room. I remember watching everyday in the mirror for people's birthdays. I had the bowl I would put on my head to walk around the room. I lived in Illinois. A lot of people don't remember this show. I was wondering if it was kind of local.

Anyway, to the point of the post. I think we should all be as supportive and cheerful as we possible can. This goes for inside WI as well as our lives. We are all human and sometimes falter, but we should attempt to do our best. I think that is the point of being a Do-Bee. The point is not being better than others, but being your best, regardless of others. I still support this idea. I know somedays this is difficult. Embarrasing as it is, I am reminded when I fall short in real life. I don't mind being reminded to be my best if done in a truly caring manner and not rudely. It can help us be better people because none of us are ever perfect, no matter how we try (or how long we march around the room with the bowl on our heads). Rude "I am better than you" attitudes are unnecessary, but if someone is truly bothered by something I have said or done I want to know. Maybe communication is the only problem.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #14

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

OMG...FINALLY this is brought up.
I really don't like those threads where people are like that. I agree. To me...I just don't like them, the rules are already in, well, the rules.
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #15
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

Hmm... good post! I get what you mean, however I don't think that we just don't need the reminders post at all. I believe we should still have a rules post, and that's all. But no "remember to do this" and "don't do that" type of things. Good post!
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #16
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

I love tihs thread It's soooo totally worth reading and I hope everoyne else gets a chance to read this as well Everyone can learn a lot from this single thread !!!
WELCOME TO WI by the way!
REP for you!

---------- ChihuahuaGrl16 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

I'm too young for Mr. Do-Bee but i'm sure my mom remembers...*going to go ask now*

Last edited by ChihuahuaGrl16; 03-07-2009 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #17
Excited to be a
Banned
TrinityTulip is a glorious beacon of lightTrinityTulip is a glorious beacon of lightTrinityTulip is a glorious beacon of light

Amen Sister! lol (repy-rep-rep-for you)

Sometimes in life you have to learn to be responsible for yourself because there are not going to be "Do-Bees" out there to show you how to behave yourself.

On my welcome thread I introduced myself and I swear to you every person that welcomed me made sure to tell me to read the FAQ. I totally understand if you are the Moderator and you say "hey check out our FAQ section" but everyone on the thread? It made me feel like they didn't care enough to read my entire post or what anyone else had said before them.

I have noticed A LOT around WI that people don't read the entire post before answering. They just run to the end and say what they have to say because if they would have read it they would have know Susie on post 5 said the exact same thing.

Last edited by TrinityTulip; 03-07-2009 at 02:39 PM..
TrinityTulip is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #18
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by TrinityTulip

Sometimes in life you have to learn to be responsible for yourself because there are not going to be "Do-Bees" out there to show you how to behave yourself.

On my welcome thready I introduced myself and I swear to you every person that welcomed me made sure to tell me to read the FAQ. I totally understand if you are the Moderator and you say "hey check out our FAQ section" but everyone on the thread? It made me feel like they didn't care enough to read my entire post or what anyone else had said before them.

I have noticed A LOT around WI that people don't read the entire post before answering. They just run to the end and say what they have to say because if they would have read it they would have know Susie on post 5 said the exact same thing.

I completely agree with you.

People should know how to behave themselves and there certainly isn't a "Do-Bee" that's there for you every step of the way. If you're a kid, or a teenager unsure what to do in an occasion, ask an adult like your parent. (That's what I do. For example, if I don't know what to order if a friend takes me out to dinner, my mom told me that you should get the same thing as your friend. Might not be something you might do, but that's the way my mom told me.)

I always read the whole post. If someone has taken the time to write it, then you should take the time to read it. That's my opinion
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #19
ow! I'm
Gifted

sajcwebin has a spectacular aura about

Donation Level 3 

First - I remember Romper Room.

Second - Hmm... I understand and mostly agree with the post I guess. There is a Rules section to deal with all of this stuff (and the Moderators). But, I also agree with whoever said that the people who need to read the reminders are the ones who don't or don't think they apply to them.

I think it might be better to go directly to the source when you have a problem If it's bad enough to report, do so. If not, or you are not sure, you could try to politely tell someone their behavior offended you and that you considered reporting them. But, that may be too confrontational and lead to more problems in some cases. I don't know. I haven't had any problems so far, so I don't how I'd deal with them. So.... Yes, sometimes the reminders are annoying, sometimes a few of them are needed, and I just ignore most of them anyway. I read and understood the Rules so I don't worry too much about other people. Now, having said that, if I ever accidentally offend anyone you have my full permission to tell me instead of starting a Thread directed at everyone. I suppose I would prefer a PM first but, as this is a Public forum, if it's a profile message, so be it. I'll accept that too.

Well, that got wordier(sp?) than I intended. Just expressing some thoughts.
sajcwebin is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by TrinityTulip

On my welcome thready I introduced myself and I swear to you every person that welcomed me made sure to tell me to read the FAQ. I totally understand if you are the Moderator and you say "hey check out our FAQ section" but everyone on the thread? It made me feel like they didn't care enough to read my entire post or what anyone else had said before them.

That's a good point about the Welcome section. I am now wondering if I have done that...made sure in every welcome I made to "make sure" to tell the person to read the FAQs. I will watch myself from now on in that section...lol I think the reason people tend to do that is that I've noticed a lot of people just copy and paste their welcomes from one thread to the next, so to speak. In that welcome, they put the FAQs to try to be helpful. I think that everyone is so eager to welcome people and make sure that the newbies don't get into trouble by not following the rules that we forget to stop and just plain ole' say "Welcome!!".

I completely agree with you on the second point you made, too. I have seen threads not even a page long do that. ??? The last post will have been made, and then the next day or even several days later someone will come along and say the same thing someone else said, when the question has already been answered or statement has already been made.
Polarity is offline Female
Closed