Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
Midreams has a spectacular aura aboutMidreams has a spectacular aura about

Default Why Be A Do-Bee?

Some people are going to agree with this thread, and I just know that other readers will disagree entirely - but, hey -- it's a public forum, so I'll say what I have to say (very politely!) and then I'll leave it to other members to chime in..

Once upon a time, waaay back in the early days of television - so early that most of us won't even remember - in fact - so early that most of us haven't even been born yet - there was a very popular children's program called Romper Room.

One of the recurring characters on Romper Room was a big, oversized bumblebee named Mr. Do-Bee.

Mr. Do-Bee's 'job' was to teach children how to be well-behaved.

He'd start every sentence with "Do-Bee" - like "Do-Bee good boys and girls for your parents!" and "Do-Bee helpful to your teachers at school!"

Just to make sure that we could all tell "good" from "bad", there was another regular character named - you guessed it - "Don't-Bee".

Don't-Bee set a constant example of how good little boys and girls shouldn't act.

There was even a little Do-Bee song:

o/~ Did you ever see a Do-Bee a Do-Bee a Do-Bee?
Did you ever see a Do-Bee go this way and that...o/~

So now you're wondering why I'm delving waaaay back into the archives of television to make this post. (some of you probably see where this is heading)

There are an awful lot of very helpful Mr. and Ms. Do-Bees here in WI land.

They can't wait to start a new thread telling everyone else how to behave.

"Don't do this!"

"This isn't polite!"

"Don't whisper behind people's backs!"

"Don't tell secrets!"

"Don't be snoopy!"

"Don't talk to strangers!"

In short, there's a lot of frustrated mommies (and daddies!) who think WI needs a lot more etiquette lessons.

How about this?

If everyone is responsible for their own behavior, we won't need daily reminder posts from all the good Do-Bees, telling all the rest of "unwashed" folks how to behave nicely.

As a fall-back, for those really unpleasant people who just don't want to play nice, we can rely on the moderators - after all - that's what they're there for.

Next time you're feeling like a Do-Bee, how about if you take a deep breath and think "Am I really such a Shining Example of Wonderfulness that I should be telling everyone on WI how to behave?"

How about a few less Do-Bees in the Ideas and Suggestions topic, and a few more genuinely helpful and interesting suggestions?

Now remember - this is just a thought - so feel free to say whatever is on your mind!

Thanks for reading!
Midreams is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Hiya WI!
Gifted

xoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Why Be A Do-Bee?

Cool! I will totally be a Do-Be. I feel sometimes people need a rule-refreshing, so thanks!
xoxomemexoxo is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
connor<3s me&
lulu_luvs_you<3 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm; not a big fan of this idea - once in a while we DO need a reminder to be respectful and kind to others, so i do not think that taking away those reminders will help at all.
lulu_luvs_you<3 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

I agree. This whole section is, lately anyways, FILLED with "Reminder: (insert reminder here). I'm glad when there's an actual suggestion about something that should be added. Most of us already know that stuff, and we, at least I know I am, am sick and tired of people reminding us, like a parent. Sure, maybe a few people break a rule, but that's why there's the report button and that's why there's mods and admins. And-a lot of these people I know, and they're not parents, not even adults, they're kids. i think they might really be "fishing", but not for fish, for rep.

I have a feeling a lot of these Do-Bee's are very insecure people, and are creating these threads so that people will think they're smart and amazing-when in actually, if they acted the way they do elsewhere, we'd love them anyways.
gReTa is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Hiya WI!
Gifted

xoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, maybe I just understood the thread, I just thought they wanted to give a nice reminder, but maybe i do not understand. Personally, I like the little reminders, it shows that people care about others and care about the world

---------- xoxomemexoxo added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

Yes, I did misunderstood. Forget all I said. I think the little reminders are nice, and helpful, so I guess I disagree.

Last edited by xoxomemexoxo; 03-06-2009 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
xoxomemexoxo is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
is a lazy

redinky is sweet stuff
redinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuffredinky is sweet stuff

? ??? ? ? ??? ?
redinky is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #7

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Oooooh! I remember ROMPER ROOM!

Magic MIRROR!!

(funny thing, I do not remember the bee's....LOL...But, I DO REMEMBER watching MAGIC GARDEN with my sister....LOL--The story box, the story box....LOL)

I DO understand what you are saying....

If someone ASKS for help it is one thing....for 500 THREADS telling us to NOT do something--the SAME SOMETHING is another thing.....(all within 3 days).

Ah.....remembering back to the days of watching Romper room and ELECTRIC COMPANY and MAGIC GARDEN......

Where did those years go......
Old 03-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Electric Company...yes!

I see what you are saying. This section can get flooded with the same topic threads within a matter of days. I have seen someone post a thread on a topic and then about a day or two later, someone else posted on the same topic instead of just looking around and seeing someone already made that same thread a day or two earlier, even while it was still on page one.

Also, a lot of times, the people who need to read the threads that you are talking about don't read them or if they do, they either think, "Well, I don't do that!" or "I'm not going to listen to them and let them tell me what to do!".

Although I think we need those threads just every once in a while because so many new members come on here a lot, and let's be honest, they may not read through the FAQs and all the rules.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
Nick loves me AND my
nick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of light

I LOVE this idea. Thank you so much!
nick*is*so*cute is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I think there should be a couple of stickys on reminders to be good and to be polite, these would eliminate all the "Dont do this," etc. threads. I am alittle confused with the do-bee things, I might not have been born yet. The magic garden seems slightly familiar. I really think people should go backk over their posts twice to see if they dont come off mean. Good point!!
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Closed