Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Meadowlark

Question Why is the ability to edit posts tied to becoming gifted?

I'm wondering why people must become gifted before they're allowed to edit their posts. What does one thing have to do with the other? ???

What if a person has been a member for a while, but has no interest in trading? Why require them to become gifted before allowing them to edit their posts?

Lately I've noticed pleas from several people in the house forum who would love to delete errors made posting pictures or captions. They would really like to clean up their threads so they'll look better, but they can't because they're not gifted. Is there any help available to them?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
I'm like totally..
Gifted

sky123 is just really nicesky123 is just really nice

Default Re: Why is the ability to edit posts tied to becoming gifted?

IDK, talk to Justin about it, maybe if he sees people don't like it, then he will change it
Old 01-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Meadowlark

View Post Originally Posted by sky123
IDK, talk to Justin about it, maybe if he sees people don't like it, then he will change it
For all I know there may well be a very good reason for the rule. I'm not complaining - just curious.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Ask! :)
Gifted

midnite95 has a spectacular aura about

I think it is because people that are new here might have sick minds and like someone said before, the original post could be like "Do you Like Donuts" and then people would reply good things. Then, the person might change the question to like "Do you like to Eat your Boogers?" Then the respones to "Do you like to Eat your Boogers" would be like "I love them!!"
Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
gopugs24- add me!
Gifted

kpuggies is an unknown quantity at this point

yea webkinz is down for me! i wonder what they are doing i hope it will be working for the bowling alley!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Gifted

minigirl72 is a splendid one to beholdminigirl72 is a splendid one to beholdminigirl72 is a splendid one to beholdminigirl72 is a splendid one to behold

It makes alot of sense. Let's say someone was a serious roleplayer-like me-and wanted to add to members to the first page of their thread. They would probably have alot of posts on roleplays already, and would be gifted. That would proove that they won't change the topic and throw everyone off track, because they are serious about roleplaying. A new member who only had like 10 posts and wasn't gifted probably wouldn't relize what changing the subject would do, and also wouldn't oraganize it right. Hope this explains your questions. -minigirl72
minigirl72 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Meadowlark

View Post Originally Posted by midnite95
I think it is because people that are new here might have sick minds and like someone said before, the original post could be like "Do you Like Donuts" and then people would reply good things. Then, the person might change the question to like "Do you like to Eat your Boogers?" Then the respones to "Do you like to Eat your Boogers" would be like "I love them!!"

Well I have to say that's certainly a very . . . umm . . . colorful . . explanation!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

perkyqueen is on a distinguished road

I have been wondering about this, this is good information!
I have been trying to edited some of my post.
I was about to post this anyways!

- Perky
Old 01-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Ask! :)
Gifted

midnite95 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Meadowlark
Well I have to say that's certainly a very . . . umm . . . colorful . . explanation!

Lol, don't credit me, I saw that post somewhere else a while ago and just paraphrased it! lol =)
Old 01-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
Meadowlark

View Post Originally Posted by minigirl72
It makes alot of sense. Let's say someone was a serious roleplayer-like me-and wanted to add to members to the first page of their thread. They would probably have alot of posts on roleplays already, and would be gifted. That would proove that they won't change the topic and throw everyone off track, because they are serious about roleplaying. A new member who only had like 10 posts and wasn't gifted probably wouldn't relize what changing the subject would do, and also wouldn't oraganize it right. Hope this explains your questions. -minigirl72

Thanks for your explanation. I understand what you're saying about having a certain number of posts, but what does that have to do with trading in the gift exchange? ???
Closed