Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #21
Gift Guru
xohollixohottieox has a spectacular aura aboutxohollixohottieox has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: why?

Nothing is foolproof, and everything has a glitch. To make sure people arent scammed there are moderators and ways to punish people if they really do scam people. But still, who would scam?? It's very isulting and there is such a thing as karma. I have been scammed once or twince in the clubhouse because i wasn't being too smart and didnt ask to go over there house and see the item. When the Clubhouse opens back up again, I'll be sure to be there, right down everyones username there, and figure out who got scammed. Then I'll deliver the newz to jcdist2000 so other people can't get scammed. WI is a user friendly sight. There are certain rules that protect lots of people.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #22
myseth
Gift Guru

lamce1 is on a distinguished road

I mentioned this in a post on another thread so I apologize for repeating myself. What I see as the most valuable asset of the WI board is the commitment that so many of the members have to the board. They hold each other accountable for the rules of behavior and fair play. This is a unique group of people bridging geography and age with the common bond of sharing the fun of this toy. I joined a couple of sites at the same time when I first started playing with my son's webkinz. This is the only site which has held my interest and I think it is due to the quality of the members.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #23
bly83

Wi is probblay safer because their's alot of trusted peaple on this site.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #24
umustpmme4it
Gifted

rattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of light

I'm less worried about scams here because the mods take care of hat swiftly and quickly. And I like the mods HERE because Justin and Wendy know who's best for the job. They won't let just anyone become a mod. You have to be really good to qualify.

I apologize for rambling but I'm just trying to be reasonable...

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
This simply isn't true. While people have been scammed on WI, the ratio of good trades to bad trades is much higher than most sites out there. In fact, according to our iTrader database, we have recorded 39,294 exchanges on WI, and I'd say less than 20 "scams" that we know of. I think that's a pretty good ratio.

This is true, too. We make it increasingly difficult to get in, and keep our members informed. Anyone new to the GE is always required to send first, and all of our members know it, so they don't get "tricked" into sending first by scammers. In addition, scammers are less likely to scam here because our Gift Exchange is so valuable. There's so much being available in the GE that many people wouldn't want to jeopardize their membership to lose access to the goods in the Gift Exchange!!
You da bomb! LOL

I like how you need 50 posts to get into the GE because some people would join and try to trade (and posibly scam!) with their first post. And while some people would try ot get 50 posts by spamming, that simply can't happen, because like I said, the mods are quick to these things.

Last edited by rattygirl; 09-10-2007 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #25
Banned
kiwi will become famous soon enough

WI uses the feedback concept as big sites such as amazon, ebay, etc. Not to mention newbies send first, which reduces scams.
Closed