Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Default Where can I find...

ALL the WI rules?

It seems that there are so many that even someone who is active on the site and tries to follow all of them (me) can't keep track. The rules (when you click on the lime green button) do not include:

- Sharing your e-mail address with someone will get you banned
- Giving someone a Pet Code or Code Shop Code will get you banned
- Using red and blue in your posts unless you are a mod or admin is against the forum rules

And there are so many others. I'm not complaining about the rules, I know that they're there to protect us (well, maybe not the red and blue one, but the others). I'm just saying that it will be easier to moderate if the rules are ALL listed in one place. I know these rules are listed in other places, but wouldn't it be easier to have them ALL listed in the 'General rules, not just in " http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-posting-3999/ "

And another rule that I stumbled accross by breaking it - "No political discussion on WI." After my thread was deleted, I searched for this rule and I can't find it listed ANYWHERE. As far as I know, the post I made wasn't ******, and while I mentioned that one politician may have been mildly ****st, I didn't make any ****st remarks myself.

I might disagree with these rules personally, but I love WI as a community and if I want to be part of this wonderful community, I know I need to adhere to the rules and guidelines of the community. It's just getting hard to do with so many "unlisted" rules.
jenga_jane is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Default Re: Where can I find...

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-posting-3999/
Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Thanks Cows, I saw those and I have read them. But I can tell you for sure when I first joined WI, I didn't have a clue where those were - the first place I looked was in the General Rules in the userbar at the top of the page, and I certainly didn't come to this section and read those rules before posting. Find me 10 people who actually did read those when they were still a Lil'Kinz and I'll keep quiet.

When I'm new to a forum, I am usually so excited to get started that I hardly ever look at the rules, because for most forums the rules are all the same. Be respectful, don't swear (I don't even swear in RL, though), don't reveal personal information (and I have never considered an e-mail address to be personal information before I joined this site), don't spam, post in the correct sections, use English, not chtspk and Paragraphing is your friend.

The first online community I was ever a part of encouraged discussion about politics, religion, self-esteem, body image and current affairs, as long as it took place in a certain section of the forum which was seperate to the discussion about the game, and moderated by a more - qualified - team than the general Sims 2 discussion. I understand that the intended audience for that forum was ages 12 and older, wheras here there are probably kids as young as 7 or 8, so the rules differ.

Sorry if I seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's just bugging me right now.
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
katt †
Webkinz :)

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

COWS has the link.
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 06-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Haha, it's alright.
For as long as I've been on WI, honestly, sometimes I have to go back and read the rules again myself! And I'm not saying this in a bad way and such, but there are just so many; it can be really hard to remember. I've had a lot of people ask for links to rules and the FAQ

You aren't alone
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Jenga Jane, when you sign up with WI, you first have to agree to those rules. It's human nature to skip these, and scroll down to "I agree" but it's not recommended to agree to things without reading them first.

And yes, those are the same ones in the link that COWS gave you. The link is also in my siggie. They are stickied at the top of the first forum, aptly named "Rules & Suggestions". The title to the thread says "Read before posting"- I'm not sure how much more clear and obvious it could be.

All forums have sets of Rules, it's always a good idea to read the rules first.

When you first sign up with WI, you are automatically asked to go post in the Hi! I'm Joe and I Love My Webkinz. Not everyone listens to this good advice, but those who do, also get given the link to Rules, and FAQ's also.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed