Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: When you give rep points, PLEASE actualy give them!

Yeah-- I know this might seem a bit 'greedy' of me, but I don't really think it is. When someone says 'Rep point!' or soemthing, I generally go to User CP and read it. If it's not there, I don't say anything. The reason I look is b/c I want to see if there was a particular opinion that I made that they liked, or how I helped them, if they liked my story, etc. Stuff like that. And if it's not there, at least I know I helped
icecube730 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #32
Bring back WNTM!
Gift Trainee

dazyandoreo! is a jewel in the roughdazyandoreo! is a jewel in the rough

Yes! Some people say "Rep Point" not knowing what that is. I would not get mad or anthing. You could maybe explain how to do reps if they don't know how.
dazyandoreo! is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #33
Alaza
Webkinz :)

Luna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of light

Talking Re: When you give rep points, PLEASE actualy give them!

I agrea with everyone here. But saying 'rep point' and not giving a rep point can get annoying.

---------- Luna_Lovegood added 3 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
Yeah-- I know this might seem a bit 'greedy' of me, but I don't really think it is. When someone says 'Rep point!' or soemthing, I generally go to User CP and read it. If it's not there, I don't say anything. The reason I look is b/c I want to see if there was a particular opinion that I made that they liked, or how I helped them, if they liked my story, etc. Stuff like that. And if it's not there, at least I know I helped
I do that too. But only because i love reading reps!

Sometimes i get blank reps, or reps like:

Hi
I like Harry Potter too

and stuff like that. But your not suppouse to give reps out like that! You give reps to say thanks or good idea or tell them there helpful!

Last edited by Luna_Lovegood; 12-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Luna_Lovegood is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #34
emily44

I dont mind rep. Its something we shouldnt be mad at for not reciving. It just means we helped someone out. Nothing more. I know it sounds cool to have more little squares, but does that really matter? you helped someone! Sure you expected it but still, the might be fairly new and know nothing about rep...
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #35
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Mmm-hmm. I want to know why I was appreciated or whatever.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #36
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
Sometimes people say 'rep point' just like one would give a high five or a 'good job/idea.' They are letting you know that your idea/thought was good. Saying it does not mean they are obligated in any way to actually give a rep to you. Maybe they feel that the rep points here on WI are overrated and like to verbalize it instead. Remember, rep points given cannot be seen by any other member, but public kudos are. Yes, it feels good to have rep given, but sometimes it feels better to have someone give a public acknowledgement.
mathmom has the best point that I have seen written on this Thread. I really don't understand YET what the 'REP POINT is but you should feel really good in your own heart that you helped someone.
I'm sure that the 'REP POINT is something special but you really should feel good anyway even though they say 'REP POINT FOR YOU' and you don't get that point. REMEMBER HELPING SOMEONE SHOULD BE GIVEN FROM THE HEART, POINTS ARE NICE BUT YOU SHOULD FEEL GOOD FOR WHAT YOU DID. And yes they still recognized all your help. SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG BUT I REALLY NEEDED TO MAKE THIS POINT!!!!
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

I don't mind that.

At least they're thinking about doing it.

Some people forget.

I usually do when I say so.

Although, I admit, it isn't very nice to say so and you don't on purpose.
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Closed