Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Brittany998807

Default When you give rep points, PLEASE actualy give them!

I have had people in my threads who say, "Thanks for pointing this out, rep point for you!" and I never get this rep point! I think it is much better if you don't say anything about rep points! So just remember if you say your giving somebody a rep point, MAKE SURE TO ACTUALY GIVE THEM!!!! So just say something about a rep point and give it or don't say anything about this and don't give a rep point! Thanks for coming!!
~Brittany998807~
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: When you give rep points, PLEASE actualy give them!

I think some people don't understand the actual concept of them and think that by saying "rep point!" they are doing just that. They don't realize there is actually a way to do that.

Also, don't let something like that get you all worked up...just knowing you helped the person enough for them to comment a thanks in any form should be a good feeling!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Yes,LilyRose is really right!!Rep doesnt really matter-but I see your point.
However,sometimes you already gave that person rep on another thread.Maybe it was your last rep you gave,or a few reps back.However,if their last rep to you was their last rep to give to anyone,or in their last few,I believe,WI won't let you give another to that user untill a while later,when you have given more rep.
If that was understandable.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by sweetnspicy
Yes,LilyRose is really right!!Rep doesnt really matter-but I see your point.
However,sometimes you already gave that person rep on another thread.Maybe it was your last rep you gave,or a few reps back.However,if their last rep to you was their last rep to give to anyone,or in their last few,I believe,WI won't let you give another to that user untill a while later,when you have given more rep.
If that was understandable.
Yes, you can't give back-to-back rep to the same person. I understand what you are saying and YES, that is a valid point.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
Yes, you can't give back-to-back rep to the same person. I understand what you are saying and YES, that is a valid point.
Thank you!!You also had a pint there,too.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
Brittany998807

Thanks for posting you 2! I see your very interested lol!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

Sometimes people say 'rep point' just like one would give a high five or a 'good job/idea.' They are letting you know that your idea/thought was good. Saying it does not mean they are obligated in any way to actually give a rep to you. Maybe they feel that the rep points here on WI are overrated and like to verbalize it instead. Remember, rep points given cannot be seen by any other member, but public kudos are. Yes, it feels good to have rep given, but sometimes it feels better to have someone give a public acknowledgement.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Rep doesn't really matter, and hearing that you were helpful is good enough for me in my opinion.
But if they actually say rep point, it would be nice if they should actually give it instead fo just saying rep for no reason. I understand what you are saying.
And yes, LilyRose is right and sweetnspicy.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
Sometimes people say 'rep point' just like one would give a high five or a 'good job/idea.' They are letting you know that your idea/thought was good. Saying it does not mean they are obligated in any way to actually give a rep to you. Maybe they feel that the rep points here on WI are overrated and like to verbalize it instead. Remember, rep points given cannot be seen by any other member, but public kudos are. Yes, it feels good to have rep given, but sometimes it feels better to have someone give a public acknowledgement.
That is exactly what I was getting it.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

13nattjo has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
I think some people don't understand the actual concept of them and think that by saying "rep point!" they are doing just that. They don't realize there is actually a way to do that.

Also, don't let something like that get you all worked up...just knowing you helped the person enough for them to comment a thanks in any form should be a good feeling!
Yes i also agree with LilyRose! Rep points dont really matter. As long as you helped someone that is waht should really count not if you get the rep but the gladness that you get when someone says stuff like that! I have had this happen to me many times. I dont care. as long as i am helping someone that is all that really matter!
13nattjo is offline Female
Closed