Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned
PaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clown

Default When voting in Polls: Could we be a little more Honest?

I like participating in polls here on WI, but things I've noticed is that sometimes people aren't that honest. Like when someone posts art, if it's something really nice I'll see loads of votes for "No It's not very good" but then I see something really sloppy and scribble-y (?) and there will be a BEAR amount of votes for "OH It's soo good!" when It's actually not that well done (these are just examples). All I'm asking is for people who vote in polls to be honest, not brutally honest but maybe (like for things made by people) you could say " Well, I like that _____ but it could use some work!" or something like that. Also for the people who make really nice art and it looks like they took lots of time & stuff, (I know some people vote 'no' because they're jealous of the thing. This can go for avatars and signatures as well. Again, I'm asking for people to be a tad more honest, but NOT to be rude when they do.
PaperBlossom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: When voting in Polls: Could we be a little more Honest?

People just don't want to hurt their feelings; there are some REALLY sensitive people out there, including me. If they really wanted the people to be honest, they could say that in the first post. Like use constructive critisicm or something.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned
PaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
People just don't want to hurt their feelings; there are some REALLY sensitive people out there, including me. If they really wanted the people to be honest, they could say that in the first post. Like use constructive critisicm or something.
Well I understand that.
But if you're super sensitive to things like that, perhaps you shouldn't make a poll asking for opinions... There will always be people who say no, and it dose not make sense to just lie about liking things & such. Again, I'm not asking for people to just blurt out things like "I HATE ____" I just want people to be honest & kind about it.

Last edited by PaperBlossom; 04-12-2010 at 07:08 PM..
PaperBlossom is offline Female
Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by PaperBlossom
Well I understand that.
But if you're super sensitive to things like that, perhaps you shouldn't make a poll asking for opinions... There will always be people who say no, and it dose not make sense to just lie about liking things & such. Again, I'm not asking for people to just blurt out things like "I HATE ____" I just want to be honest & kind about it.
Yeah, that makes sense. I think sometimes, the poll makers should make nicer options. I usually see "NO! I hate that! Get a life!" Etc.
It is kind of hard to pick an option if that is really the only one that is close to your opinion, (but is not nice
))
Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Here's my point of view on this.

I'm scared to vote "I hate it", mainly because the polls with the options:

I LOVE it! You're AWESOME!
And:
Uuuugh, I HAAAATE it! Ug-lay!

Usually have the "this is a public poll; other users can see what you voted for" thing on it, and I'm scared that they'll somehow find out what I voted for and see that I said I hated it...
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 04-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I'll be closing this thread now, before feelings get hurt.

Tastes vary. Always assume that other people are indeed being honest. It's not reasonable to tell people how to vote, or to assume that they are being dishonest because they have different opinions. Please be respectful and accepting of the varied opinions in the polls.

We must always be careful not to hurt the feelings of others. It takes a lot of courage to post artwork for all to see, and perhaps criticise.

And if people don't like the way that a poll is set up, they are free to go on to the next poll.

Last edited by Webberlily; 04-12-2010 at 07:16 PM..
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed