Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   When posting a long message [tip] (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/when-posting-long-message-%5Btip%5D-480524/)

ave03-11-2009 06:45 PM

When posting a long message [tip]

Hi there. :) Some of you may already do this, and some may not. I'm not quite sure- how am I supposed to know? I'm here to give you a little tip when posting a story/ suggestion/ guide/ long PM, etc.

When you're typing a suggestion up, or a story or guide, on WI and you're afraid of accidently posting it, don't enter a subject until you know that you are ready to post it. This way, if you press the "Post" button without meaning to, it comes up with an alert saying "Please enter a title!" So then it stops it from posting, and hehe, you're safe. ;D

Also- before you press the "Post" button on purpose, make sure to copy or save your thread. If you do this, then if something happens and it doesn't let you post and you lose your work, you've got it copied/saved.

Just two tips I've learned... the hard way. >:D:2funny:

FOREIGN03-11-2009 06:48 PM

Re: When posting a long message [tip]

Awesome tip Ave. :) I do that all the time as well. ;)
I always try to make sure that I have copied my posts, before I post it. I usually copy it once, twice, thrice.... five times. :2funny: Seriously, sometimes I've done that because I"m too afraid of losing it. :P
Overall, this is a great reminder to all. I've seen people in tears because their images weren't saved that they were going to post, or they lost a story they had worked to hard on. :thumbup:

BackFlip1503-11-2009 06:49 PM

Oh, I know what you mean! I accidently deleted this long, long thread and I was like, noooo! I had exited out. Also, if you can save it to your computer, do that. It can be a great help! :D

--flip

ilovewebkinz10003-11-2009 06:50 PM

I enter a title, but I do copy and paste! These are great tips and great reminders. **REP** :)

lunalovegood5703-11-2009 07:17 PM

Thanks Ave! I need to remember that... otherwise I'll end up scanning my posts for grammatical errors!

gReTa03-11-2009 07:33 PM

Good idea, Ave..I shall remember that..

ave03-11-2009 08:12 PM

Thanks everyone :)

fuddge4u03-11-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |>Foreign<| (Post 13428169)
Awesome tip Ave. :) I do that all the time as well. ;)
I always try to make sure that I have copied my posts, before I post it. I usually copy it once, twice, thrice.... five times. :2funny: Seriously, sometimes I've done that because I"m too afraid of losing it. :P
Overall, this is a great reminder to all. I've seen people in tears because their images weren't saved that they were going to post, or they lost a story they had worked to hard on. :thumbup:

i most defiantly agree w/ u.

puppiesrock46503-12-2009 08:11 AM

Good reminder, Ave. I must try and remember that...xD

twilightcrz03-12-2009 08:28 AM

This tip is really helpful, thanks! LOL! Have we been naughty lately Ave?;D I know what you mean, sometimes I have a thread, or post that is really special to me, and then it gets deleted, or something happens to it. And sometimes, I do post too early... well, a little more than sometimes! xD