Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Sharone19 will become famous soon enough

Default When buying Webkinz, check tag FIRST!

Hey everyone, this is just a reminder to check the tag of the Webkinz before you buy it.
1. Check to see if the tag is there (some stores keep the tag up front)
2. Check the name of the Webkinz so you can make sure you are getting the right one.

Personally, I have seen Webkinz with the tag taken out by a thief. Please do not do this. It hurts other people.

So, just make sure that you are not scammed, and if you see a Webkinz without a tag in it please take it to the front dest and/or tell somebody about it. You will be doing a good thing.

Just a reminder

UPDATE: Jazzymom43 has another reminder to everybody. Make sure that the tag is sealed before buying it also because someone could take out the code, wright it down and put it back in the slot. Then later the thief would adopt it at home and waste somebody's money. Bad bad bad.

Last edited by Sharone19; 04-14-2009 at 03:57 PM..
Sharone19 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
hat's a
Gift Guru

Jthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonder

Default Re: When buying Webkinz, check tag FIRST!

Thanks, yes I alwasy check for the tage, we found one without a tag once and got to take the plush only for 2 bucks, it pays to be observant!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Thanks for the great reminder! Sometimes, they have the wrong tag in the little pouch thing xD. I was looking at webkinz and i saw the B&W cheeky dog, and I looked at the tag and it said spotted frog xD. I told the manager, and she fixed it, and i got a free Tiger webkinz!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

yeah i was at a JC Pennys the otehr day and there were like 5 webkinz with out tags. i think it is sasd to steal tags. there is no point and it just hurts otehrs like you said
trueblue is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Great reminder! Thanks! There are just some sick and twisted people that would take the tag out! It's considered Theft, which is a real crime. So everyone, do not take out the tag! It won't pay off in the long run!

♥Lissy
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
What is french for

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by trueblue
yeah i was at a JC Pennys the otehr day and there were like 5 webkinz with out tags. i think it is sasd to steal tags. there is no point and it just hurts otehrs like you said
I was there too trrying to get a manetee and it was 15.99 without the tagthey don't put the tags they weren't stolen the just arten't for sale
maggalina is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Yes! You are so right. I always make sure that the tags are attached to the pets I am buying. And it is also VERY important to make sure that it is the right pet.

My sister-in-law bought a few hippos when hippos were POTM. She was so excited and adapted all of them but did not get any POTM bags. Then she realized they were actually Rhinos, not Hippos. Well, they sort of look a like, you know? I was laughing so hard when she told me the story. But, then the other day I bought a pelican thinking it was a swan. So I guess I can not make fun of her any more.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #8

Sharone19 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
Thanks for the great reminder! Sometimes, they have the wrong tag in the little pouch thing xD. I was looking at webkinz and i saw the B&W cheeky dog, and I looked at the tag and it said spotted frog xD. I told the manager, and she fixed it, and i got a free Tiger webkinz!
Good eye then!

View Post Originally Posted by tokyo rose
Yes! You are so right. I always make sure that the tags are attached to the pets I am buying. And it is also VERY important to make sure that it is the right pet.

My sister-in-law bought a few hippos when hippos were POTM. She was so excited and adapted all of them but did not get any POTM bags. Then she realized they were actually Rhinos, not Hippos. Well, they sort of look a like, you know? I was laughing so hard when she told me the story. But, then the other day I bought a pelican thinking it was a swan. So I guess I can not make fun of her any more.
Hee hee too funny! I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Great reminder! Thanks! There are just some sick and twisted people that would take the tag out! It's considered Theft, which is a real crime. So everyone, do not take out the tag! It won't pay off in the long run!

♥Lissy
Sick and twisted is right! ;P

View Post Originally Posted by trueblue
Jeeze ... too bad
Sharone19 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
I want a octopus

Webkinz1751 has a spectacular aura about

yep i have seen the same thing! execept i have actually seen a kid do it!!!!!!!! i told them to stop! and they just said your not the boss of me! also i told my mom! she said well she should not have been doing that but she probaly will get caught at home!!!!
Webkinz1751 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #10
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by tokyo rose

So sorry you got the wrong one. But you sure did make me laugh. I almost did the same thing with the different snakes until I looked at the tag in the check out line. I would have had two of the same one.

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinz1751
yep i have seen the same thing! execept i have actually seen a kid do it!!!!!!!! i told them to stop! and they just said your not the boss of me! also i told my mom! she said well she should not have been doing that but she probaly will get caught at home!!!!
Good for you for saying something to the kid and telling your mom. That was brave of you too stand up for what is right!!

It’s sad that people do that. I too have seen way too many Webkinz without the tag. I wish I could catch someone in the act. I'd march them right up to the salesperson. But as a parent it's good to see you standing up to other kids. Just make sure to be safe!

Last edited by PaperButterfly; 04-13-2009 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: spelling
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Closed