Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Smile What if...

I think we've all been there. When we post a new thread wanting to share with the rest of WI our new ideas, stories, clubs etc. , and then after a couple of days we find out our thread was a complete flop. There are hardly any posts if any at all, and we think our thread a complete failure. I know I've gone through this, even if I spend a ton of time working on a thread it still may not be popular!

So, my idea is:

What if each of us took a little time out of our days to comment on a thread that had 0 posts? It would make you feel good about yourself, the thread author feel good about themselves, and it will increase the overall popularity of the thread.
What do you guys think? It would be a mutual encourager of members and I think it could work.

Hope

Last edited by runlikethewind; 06-07-2011 at 01:38 PM..
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: What if...

yes! I always look for the thread that has zero posts, or the one with the least, and I'm drawn to those first. Although every now and then, I really don't know how to respond and I just leave it blank.
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
yes! I always look for the thread that has zero posts, or the one with the least, and I'm drawn to those first. Although every now and then, I really don't know how to respond and I just leave it blank.
Yes, some thread are just poorly constructed, I sometimes do that too.
Thanks for posting!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #4

Eustace McTuppe is a jewel in the roughEustace McTuppe is a jewel in the rough

I think that's a wonderful idea. I recently had a house thread that didn't do very well at all, and I was disappointed as I worked really hard on it. I think that this would be a great way to make sure that everyone feels the community love
Eustace McTuppe is offline Female
Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I find myself doing that also Sometimes it just isn't something you feel comfortable responding to without sounding weird or rude.

I agree, one post could easily start a conversation and would really boost that person's self esteem
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 06-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
♥♥
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Eustace McTuppe
I think that's a wonderful idea. I recently had a house thread that didn't do very well at all, and I was disappointed as I worked really hard on it. I think that this would be a great way to make sure that everyone feels the community love
Exactly! I think that WI should act as if we were a close bound family, and you have to show mutual support for that to be true.
View Post Originally Posted by pup5115
I find myself doing that also Sometimes it just isn't something you feel comfortable responding to without sounding weird or rude.
I once sent someone a PM, and told them that perhaps if they worded their thread differently, or put more time into what they were trying to convey then it would become more successful. She listened and it took off very well.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind
Exactly! I think that WI should act as if we were a close bound family, and you have to show mutual support for that to be true.

I once sent someone a PM, and told them that perhaps if they worded their thread differently, or put more time into what they were trying to convey then it would become more successful. She listened and it took off very well.
Sometimes i get nervous though, because some people might interpret things differently. But i think that is a good idea I should do that once in a while if i see a thread that could use a little work

Last edited by pup5115; 06-07-2011 at 02:15 PM..
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
♥♥
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by pup5115
Sometimes i get nervous though, because some people might interpret things differently. But i think that is a good idea
Thats very true! I get nervous sometimes too, like they are going to think that I'm grilling them because they're thread stinks when all I'm really trying to do is help. But I realized that either way doing that will reveal somebody's maturity and will tell you if they are even ready to open up a thread. Because if someone can't take a little bit of criticism, then they don't need to have a thread in the first place.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Diabetes Awareness

akpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonder

I think that's a very good idea!
akpanfol11 is offline Female
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind
Thats very true! I get nervous sometimes too, like they are going to think that I'm grilling them because they're thread stinks when all I'm really trying to do is help. But I realized that either way doing that will reveal somebody's maturity and will tell you if they are even ready to open up a thread. Because if someone can't take a little bit of criticism, then they don't need to have a thread in the first place.
True

Yeah, i love being helpful and all, but what i hate even more is being rude I'll have to make sure i use a lot of smiley faces I use a smiley face after just about every sentence i write anyways

Thank you for the great advice you're giving me, it really helps
pup5115 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
lhl was here, you are beautiful(: