Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   What if... (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/what-if-699164/)

runlikethewind06-07-2011 01:32 PM

What if...
 
I think we've all been there. When we post a new thread wanting to share with the rest of WI our new ideas, stories, clubs etc. , and then after a couple of days we find out our thread was a complete flop. There are hardly any posts if any at all, and we think our thread a complete failure. I know I've gone through this, even if I spend a ton of time working on a thread it still may not be popular!

So, my idea is:

What if each of us took a little time out of our days to comment on a thread that had 0 posts? It would make you feel good about yourself, the thread author feel good about themselves, and it will increase the overall popularity of the thread.
What do you guys think? It would be a mutual encourager of members and I think it could work. :)

Hope

Desty06-07-2011 01:47 PM

Re: What if...
 
yes! :) I always look for the thread that has zero posts, or the one with the least, and I'm drawn to those first. Although every now and then, I really don't know how to respond and I just leave it blank.

runlikethewind06-07-2011 01:52 PM

Re: What if...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desty (Post 23582343)
yes! :) I always look for the thread that has zero posts, or the one with the least, and I'm drawn to those first. Although every now and then, I really don't know how to respond and I just leave it blank.

Yes, some thread are just poorly constructed, I sometimes do that too. ::)
Thanks for posting!

Eustace McTuppe06-07-2011 02:03 PM

Re: What if...
 
I think that's a wonderful idea. I recently had a house thread that didn't do very well at all, and I was disappointed as I worked really hard on it. I think that this would be a great way to make sure that everyone feels the community love :smitten:

pup511506-07-2011 02:06 PM

Re: What if...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desty (Post 23582343)
yes! :) I always look for the thread that has zero posts, or the one with the least, and I'm drawn to those first. Although every now and then, I really don't know how to respond and I just leave it blank.

I find myself doing that also :( Sometimes it just isn't something you feel comfortable responding to without sounding weird or rude.

I agree, one post could easily start a conversation and would really boost that person's self esteem :)

runlikethewind06-07-2011 02:08 PM

Re: What if...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eustace McTuppe (Post 23582696)
I think that's a wonderful idea. I recently had a house thread that didn't do very well at all, and I was disappointed as I worked really hard on it. I think that this would be a great way to make sure that everyone feels the community love :smitten:

Exactly! I think that WI should act as if we were a close bound family, and you have to show mutual support for that to be true. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pup5115 (Post 23582783)
I find myself doing that also :( Sometimes it just isn't something you feel comfortable responding to without sounding weird or rude.

I once sent someone a PM, and told them that perhaps if they worded their thread differently, or put more time into what they were trying to convey then it would become more successful. She listened and it took off very well. :)

pup511506-07-2011 02:11 PM

Re: What if...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by runlikethewind (Post 23582844)
Exactly! I think that WI should act as if we were a close bound family, and you have to show mutual support for that to be true. :)

I once sent someone a PM, and told them that perhaps if they worded their thread differently, or put more time into what they were trying to convey then it would become more successful. She listened and it took off very well. :)

^.^ Sometimes i get nervous though, because some people might interpret things differently. But i think that is a good idea :) I should do that once in a while if i see a thread that could use a little work ;)

runlikethewind06-07-2011 02:15 PM

Re: What if...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pup5115 (Post 23582906)
^.^ Sometimes i get nervous though, because some people might interpret things differently. But i think that is a good idea :)

Thats very true! I get nervous sometimes too, like they are going to think that I'm grilling them because they're thread stinks when all I'm really trying to do is help. But I realized that either way doing that will reveal somebody's maturity and will tell you if they are even ready to open up a thread. Because if someone can't take a little bit of criticism, then they don't need to have a thread in the first place. :nod:

akpanfol1106-07-2011 02:21 PM

Re: What if...
 
I think that's a very good idea!

pup511506-07-2011 02:22 PM

Re: What if...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by runlikethewind (Post 23582991)
Thats very true! I get nervous sometimes too, like they are going to think that I'm grilling them because they're thread stinks when all I'm really trying to do is help. But I realized that either way doing that will reveal somebody's maturity and will tell you if they are even ready to open up a thread. Because if someone can't take a little bit of criticism, then they don't need to have a thread in the first place. :nod:

True :)

Yeah, i love being helpful and all, but what i hate even more is being rude :( I'll have to make sure i use a lot of smiley faces :P I use a smiley face after just about every sentence i write anyways ::)

Thank you for the great advice you're giving me, it really helps ^.^


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC