Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: What do you think about REP?

I think Rep boxes are good.

They make people feel better. And WI is doing a very good job of keeping it from turning into a popularity contest. They check for random reps, which by the way, no one should be giving. I do, and i'm sure TONS of others, love the feeling they get when they see a REP.

And as for the newer members, well, they may not have any now but when they start being helpful and get into the jist of WI, i'm sure they'll have as many reps as someone who's been here a year.

Besides, people are helpful!
They do work hard for their reps. And don't think of Reps as Reputation. Well, that's what it is, but REPUTATION is someone's overall status somewhere. I think of it as Reps. It, to me means a repetion of good doings.

-Carly
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
I'm a deep sea
Webkinz :)

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I have been a member since 2007
I only have 1 box
Its ok though, I think people just forget to give me rep, but I dont care, I just enjoy the feeling of helping people out and not expecting anyting in return,

I like to GIVE rep. I do NOT give to recieve.
Thats what WI should be all about.

---------- S.O.S.Star added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

I think rep boxes are AWESOME. They help people feel proud of themselves!

Last edited by S.O.S.Star; 01-26-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Rep makes me feel like I was kind to someone, or helped out. It makes my day when I get rep.

Just make sure when giving rep you don't give it because you wanted to. A post that deserves rep should have met the standards: Was Informational, Was Nice, and Was Caring
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #14

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I LOVE giving and getting reputation. It spreads kind feelings to everyone around wi. It feels so good to get rep points, like you're apreciated here for your help or kindness. And it feels so good to give rep points, because everyone enjoys it.

But I have never encountered being ignored because of how many rep boxes I had, not when I was a wi newbie and not now. I am lucky to have some very nice friends who just like me for me and do not care how many rep boxes I have or not. And I have never judged anybody depending on how many rep boxes they have, I like everyone including people with one green or even grey box.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #15

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

There are pros and cons to everything .

I think the positive in this case, out ways the negative. It is a great way to show a little thank you for a great post, great thought, great opinion, or just someone being really kind without taking the thread off topic at times.

There are a few boundaries to help negate the abuse that could happen -- no one but Justin (and possibly Wendy?) know how many points earn a box. This is to prevent people asking for rep to get *one* more box (example: I only need five more points for my second box!). It was taken away before, but I think with it's absence, people realized that things were quite gloomy without the little green boxes to spread some joy.

As others have said, If it cheers someone up on a gloomy day, then the reputation point system has reached it's goal.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

I agree with you but some people abuse it!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #17
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I think rep is great! It is a really cool reward......but people need to stop hatin on the people with one or too rep boxes! It's not there fualt people dont give them rep! Alot of people deserve it and dont get it!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #18
icked Awesome

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

I love to give rep to people when I see someone helping someone (not just me) or when people do things to go above and beyond, or be just extremely nice. I also give rep when I see someone handle a difficult situation well like when someone doesnt respond in a mean way to something negative that was said etc.

I think the idea of giving rep is great if people do it for the reason it is intended. it isnt a popularity contest, but just a way to let others know you appreciate them. And that is regarless of how many rep boxes or posts they have.

i know the special feeling I get when I see the rep someone leaves me, and I just really want to share that with others too!

Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #19
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I think it's a good thing. I really like it.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by oon23
I just was wondering everyones' opinions on reputation. What's yours?
--
Mine:
I think it's sort of good. It lets members feel good. Plus, it tells everyone they're nice. But, that doesn't mean everyone should leave out the new users.
But, I have another view. IT makes Wi a popularity contest again. Some users like to talk to the 'popular' users of WI, which usually have a lot of rep boxes. So, Don't forget other members!

-Bella
My opinion: Good thing about it:It's like saying "Hey this person's really helpful!"
Bad thing about it: The people with more rep boxes are "popular"
In my opinion you don't really need them i think there just there to say: "This person is really nice!"
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Closed