Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default What to do about Trivial Rules?

Sometimes I go around the forum, and I find (especcially in the poll section) a poll that goes against the rules, but it's something I find a bit trivial. It's not exactly hurting anyone.

I don't particularly like flagging them, because I think that would annoy the mods, plus when one person starts the type of poll then for some reason everyone wants to make one.

I usually post messages asking the poll owners to re-read the rules in the section, but I don't like being the 'party pooper' in the situation, as everyone else clearly enjoys these polls.

So what am I supposed to do if this happens? I know the most obvious answer would be to tell the person, but I dislike the feeling I get ruining the fun for someone over a (IMO) trivial rule.

I would like a final answer for this, thanks for the help =)
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: What to do about Trivial Rules?

I was wondering the same thing lately. I think the 'Are you like me' polls are fun, but they are against the rules. I hate to flag them, if there is no real personal info in them.
(not to mention that probably 99% of the polls are a form of 'Are you like me'; do we like the same movies, the same music, the same places, actors, do we dress the same, like the same foods, etc.)

Last edited by Desty; 07-30-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #3

Priceless has disabled reputation

You need to flag them, even if it seems wrong. If it goes against the rules, it would be the right thing.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
GiantPandaLover11

Pandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond repute

What rule are they breaking,exactly?
I think it's best to flag it,regardless if it's a tiny rule or something big.
If it has personal information in it or anything,you flagging it is the best thing to do---you could be saving that person a lot of grief later on,if someone had found their information.
It is a bit trivial,you're right. I think you should go with your gut and flag what you feel is bad.
Pandah is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
ould you?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Pandah
What rule are they breaking,exactly?
I think it's best to flag it,regardless if it's a tiny rule or something big.
If it has personal information in it or anything,you flagging it is the best thing to do---you could be saving that person a lot of grief later on,if someone had found their information.
It is a bit trivial,you're right. I think you should go with your gut and flag what you feel is bad.
I don't feel that it's bad, that's the problem. I'm very wary of personal info, obviously if I find they gave it away I'll flag immediately. But people seem to be enjoying these polls a lot

Quote:
1. Quiz your friends polls: "Are you like me", "Do you know me", "Have you seen me" and things of this nature are not allowed. They lead to hurt feelings and may exclude others.

I don't like flagging the 'Are you like me' polls. I usually post a message asking them to read the rules, but if one pops up there are usually more.
I think the best way to settle this is to ask people to re-read the rules before posting their poll, for every poll they want to make.
Like, when it goes to the poll-making page, maybe there could be the rules to the side, and people have to agree to them? It would be repetitive and probably a bit annoying, but could keep the problematic polls down.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

The polls....are you like me polls are not allowed, partly because it can lead to too much personal identifying info, exclusion of others, and if nothing else, are extremely random, which are also not allowed. There's not set topic. Do you like this song, etc, with things in common with someone else, aren't random and have a specific subject matter.
The reason you see so many is because one person does it and rather than read the rules, many others follow suit.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

I think that you should flag the post and not say anything.
I mean sure you might feel bad for flagging but if you post saying "I've flagged this post." that leads to people getting angry at you for being a party pooper like you said.
I know they're very small rules but if you don't flag them and take action it will lead to larger rules being broken.
Like Jennielou said, it can lead to identifying someone.

Like I one poll can have normal questions.
Then another poll can get more into it and one of them can be 'Lives in Iowa'.
Then another one can be 'lives in Iowa, has yellow hair, is 5'6", lives in an apartment' It can get really personal if not stopped.
xD

So like I said...
I'd say flag the poll and move on.
And I don't believe you'd annoy the mods.
Its their job.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
ould you?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
I think that you should flag the post and not say anything.
I mean sure you might feel bad for flagging but if you post saying "I've flagged this post." that leads to people getting angry at you for being a party pooper like you said.
I know they're very small rules but if you don't flag them and take action it will lead to larger rules being broken.
Like Jennielou said, it can lead to identifying someone.

Like I one poll can have normal questions.
Then another poll can get more into it and one of them can be 'Lives in Iowa'.
Then another one can be 'lives in Iowa, has yellow hair, is 5'6", lives in an apartment' It can get really personal if not stopped.
xD

So like I said...
I'd say flag the poll and move on.
And I don't believe you'd annoy the mods.
Its their job.
OK, I'll do that =)
Closed

Tags
megan wuz here