Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Thumbs down What the DCT IS and IS NOT For..

Hello everybody

I've seen people say this numerous times.
"I got my Rainbows yesterday, and at this rate of posting, I'll get my Spinny by the end of the week!" or something along the lines of Reputation, or post count/rainbows/spinnies/etc.

And what I've noticed is that these people that do this make hundreds of posts on the DCT each day. I'm not saying that it's bad for you to post on the DCT. I (and probably others) just think that the DCT is not for getting a higher rank.

The DCT (Daily Chat Thread) is a quick way of talking to friends and meeting new people. That's all it's for. Every day, a moderator or administrator is kind enough to make a thread with a few bits of information about what goes on, on that day. The members take it from there and talk about whatever they want.

The DCT is not for getting higher ranks. I'm pretty sure it's not allowed for you to post just so you can get those Rainbows, or that Spinny you've been dreaming of. Posts on the DCT are fluff, just so you know. So if you make hundreds of posts on the DCT, it means nothing, because really, you didn't help anybody out, you didn't make any effort into your post, you might have just said an "LOL!" or "Haha that's so weird.." just to get that one extra post. If you're one of those people who post on the DCT for any of the reasons above...you didn't earn what you got. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's the truth.

However, I don't find anything wrong with people being excited saying "OMG 40 more posts until I get my spinny!!!" because well you can see the excitement. But this is not okay if you say that in every post. You're either trying to get more posts to get to that spinny, or just spamming for no good reason.

And again, I'm not saying that it's bad to post on the DCT. Actually I think it's cool to have one. But I'm comparing those who work hard to make their posts right and full of detail, to those who have one word answers. Those with the detail deserve their rank. Those who have nothing in their posts..well..you don't deserve it.

Thanks for your time...I just needed to vent a little.
~Alyssa~

Last edited by Lyssa45; 06-06-2009 at 05:13 PM..
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: What the DCT IS and IS NOT For..

I agree 100%! I'm sick of seeing people posting things like "56 posts until my first spinny," or "OH NO! I haven't gotten any rep points today!" There's so many fluff posts, it's just terrible sometimes. I like going to the DCT to have actually conversations, not fluff. Great thread!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hello everybody

"I got my Rainbows yesterday, and at this rate of posting, I'll get my Spinny by the end of the week!" or something along the lines of Reputation, or post count/rainbows/spinnies/etc.

And what I've noticed is that these people that do this make hundreds of posts on the DCT each day. I'm not saying that it's bad for you to post on the DCT. I (and probably others) just think that the DCT is not for getting a higher rank.

The DCT (Daily Chat Thread) is a quick way of talking to friends and meeting new people. That's all it's for. Every day, a moderator or administrator is kind enough to make a thread with a few bits of information about what goes on, on that day. The members take it from there and talk about whatever they want.

The DCT is not for getting higher ranks. I'm pretty sure it's not allowed for you to post just so you can get those Rainbows, or that Spinny you've been dreaming of. Posts on the DCT are fluff, just so you know. So if you make hundreds of posts on the DCT, it means nothing, because really, you didn't help anybody out, you didn't make any effort into your post, you might have just said an "LOL!" or "Haha that's so weird.." just to get that one extra post. If you're one of those people who post on the DCT for any of the reasons above...you didn't earn what you got. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's the truth.

And again, I'm not saying that it's bad to post on the DCT. Actually I think it's cool to have one. But I'm comparing those who work hard to make their posts right and full of detail, to those who have one word answers. Those with the detail deserve their rank. Those who have nothing in their posts..well..you don't deserve it.

~Alyssa~
Rep if I can give you any! I agree. Theirs some people who come on the DCT and just say "I need posts!" and all of their post's are like "sljdsakrhdawehr47327" or something -.-. Great thread!

EDIT: Also,some people are like "It's been half an hour and I STILL haven't gotten any rep . . .". I mean,honestly the DCT was meant for chatting,not post count and rep. Once again,great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Thank you!
The DCT is for chatting with friends, not focusing on getting your posts. Why, I only got about say three hundred-fifty of my nearly twelve thousand posts on the DCT.

Reppers.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
ebaday

I agree and don't agree. I deffinately agree when you say that the DCT is NOT for getting higher ranks. That is pretty low to do that. I think it is OK that people say 56 posts to spinny! Because they are excited - just there is a better way to do it - not by spamming and fluffing.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Thanks you guys

Ebaday- You do have a point. I mean I too understand somebody being excited to get something, so it would be alright to say something like that, but not to just get more rep or more posts by saying that every time.
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

i agree, i love to go on the DCT and just chat. i dont care about post when i am there. it helps me de-stress and just have fun.
trueblue is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hello everybody

~Alyssa~
I totally agree. I barely EVER post on the DCT, unless it is a cool topic and I want to comment on it.

Some people only post there to GET posts or reps etc. I personally adore this thread because, well, you have confidence to post something like this, because lets say a DCT lover comes walking into the thread and says: "The DCT is way fun and you don't know what you're missing" And so on.

Very VERY EXCELLENT thread.
Reppiez to you.

~Pups
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Swirly McSmittington

Red Ribbons is a glorious beacon of lightRed Ribbons is a glorious beacon of lightRed Ribbons is a glorious beacon of light

I agree completely! I don't really ever use the DCT too much, unless I'm having a really boring day, but I hate the thought that people would abuse it just to get higher ranking.

Spinnies/rep boxes aren't everything. WI is about having a good time, not one big popularity contest.

GREAT THREAD.

Rep.

-Red Ribbons
Red Ribbons is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #10

tennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talent

This is a very good thread! I don't go on there tht much anymore thoughm, so I don't really remember it...
tennisstar10 is offline Female
Closed