Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #1

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

Arrow a welcome message for all new members :)

hi
i think it would be nice if whenever there was a new member, a mesage would come on their profile from the admins or other members welcoming them to WI, telling them to read the FAQ, and the rules, and anything else they might need to know. Since some members don't post in the hi my name is joe section, they might not know. this would help them feel more welcome in WI, and tell them about WI.
also we could include something about vm's, pm's, the GE, and about mods and admins- thanks
hp1010

it could be something like this

hi and welcome to WI! you should read the FAQ and the rules at the top in green. right now you are a lil kinz which means you have less than 10 posts, but when you have 10 posts in the forum you will become a webkinz. here are some common terms used
WI=webkinz insider
WW=webkinz world
we hope you have a great time at WI
From. . .

it would help them feel more welcome, and it would be nice to recieve

Last edited by i_like_pie; 03-30-2009 at 03:57 PM..
i_like_pie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: a welcome message for all new members :)

That's a great idea, but in order to post in the forums, you have to read the FAQ and Rules, and agree to the rules. If they actually read the FAQ/Rules, then they wouldn't have any basic questions (I mean the part in the welcome message that says "you should read the FAQ and rules at the top in green.")

Great idea though!

Last edited by Dogluver620; 03-29-2009 at 05:40 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I agree because that would cover all the questions (basic at least) that they might have.

---> I think a lot of people skim the rules/FAQ when they join..so I like this idea.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
IM A WHONKIN
Gift Guru

zebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
That's a great idea, but in order to post in the forums, you have to read the FAQ and Rules, and agree to the rules. If they actually read the FAQ/Rules, then they wouldn't have any basic questions

Great idea though!
But how many people that you know would actually read the FAQ? I always scanned through it, but I never did read the whole thing. I'm a hands-on person!
zebra123456 is offline Male
Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

That's a great idea, but in order to post in the forums, you have to read the FAQ and Rules, and agree to the rules. If they actually read the FAQ/Rules, then they wouldn't have any basic questions

Great idea though!
I don't think that EVERYONE reads the FAQ / Rules, although I did. Some people may be so excited, they rush in with no knowledge of WI. So, I think this would be a great thing for all the new members of WI
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Great Job! This is probably going to help out lots of newcomers! (you might want to add something about the GE)
Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
IM A WHONKIN
Gift Guru

zebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud ofzebra123456 has much to be proud of

Great idea!
zebra123456 is offline Male
Old 03-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by zebra123456
But how many people that you know would actually read the FAQ? I always scanned through it, but I never did read the whole thing. I'm a hands-on person!
View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
I don't think that EVERYONE reads the FAQ / Rules, although I did. Some people may be so excited, they rush in with no knowledge of WI. So, I think this would be a great thing for all the new members of WI
Sorry, should have made it clearer. I meant the "Please read the FAQ and Rules in green" part of the welcome
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

I still think they need to know about the GE....lol xD But yeah, i actually read (most of) The FAQ and Rules. Scanning through it seems like a good idea now, but trust me it will bite you in the but later
Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Sorry, should have made it clearer. I meant the "Please read the FAQ and Rules in green" part of the welcome
Oh yeah lol, sorry! That makes it clearer I still agree with that approach though, it would make WI seem like a more friendly place, where the mods actually talk to you xD Which they do.
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Closed