Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #21
e in DwarfWithdrawal
Webkinz :)

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Default Re: Webkinz for the Military

While this sounds like a great idea, neither WI or possibly even Ganz would be the appropriate forum.
WI is not a producer of webbies.
Webkinz is, but is a multi-national corporation. To produce something for a military group
of one country could cause problems on several level --
-they are not US based; people in other countries could be extremely offended
-they would likely not want their product associated with an activity that involves destruction
of life (not intentionally done, but nonetheless a byproduct of war)
-many parents who would not want their children encountering products such as this
-and numerous other things.

This would be an idea to work out on a local level -
perhaps even have webbies for soldiers to give to children they encounter
[many do bring small items for children].
Perhaps find a scout working on a project to work with.

Good heart idea, another venue.

About Haiti - for now it would be better to direct resources to basic necessities;
school supplies would be more beneficial at this time.
Our church is twinned with a parish with a school & clinic;
luckily they were spared direct involvement, but others need to rebuild from scratch
and replacing lost supplies [and food, medical, etc.] are more needed right now.
Families do not own as much as in richer nations, and do not have room for toys.
Often if things like this do happen to make their way to someone, they are soon sold.

Again, this would be ideal to work with a local project.

Last edited by SoccerSlave; 02-24-2010 at 10:18 AM..
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #22
Izzi

Filicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clown

It's a cute idea. I think if you maybe gave kids of the military parent's the webkinz it would be so nice. Since adults wouldn't really be interested to play on webkinz.com... But good though.
Filicity is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Filicity
It's a cute idea. I think if you maybe gave kids of the military parent's the webkinz it would be so nice. Since adults wouldn't really be interested to play on webkinz.com... But good though.

I am an adult and most of the people I've befriended on WI are adults, so I am sure there are some that would be interested in playing webkinz.com.

And to my personal experience, my co-workers husband is a grown military man - a Staff Sgt, recently just got home, he logged his Clydesdale named Bud in right away.
Though he may never had the time to really play the games, or collect like we do, but it made his daughter feel good that she could send her dad gifts and notes when ever she wanted.

Back to DBirds post. I agree that there should be a centralized place to refer to if we wanted to donate webbies. And I believe I could talk to my coworker about getting a list of deployed soldiers and their families if needed.

Im all for helping rolling this idea out, so let me know if I can be of assistance.
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #24
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Good idea- one problem. When would they have time to play??
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #25
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

$1,000,000 dollars onwebkinz? I don't think so. I think we could just make a thread to show appreciation. Nice suggestion though.
Maine is offline Female
Old 02-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #26
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

It sounds like a good idea, but don't you think the soldiers are in need of other things? Just trying to make a point here.

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
Good idea- one problem. When would they have time to play??
This is a good point too. :p
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Closed