Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
iggle like a
Webkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond reputeWebkinslover420 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Webkinz for the Military

That's a cool idea! on webkinz i wear an army outfit sometimes, and i feel like my pets in the army, its actually very fun! and sometimes in the clubhouse me and my friends all wear army clothes and pretend were in the army , but i like your idea it sounds cool! and nice, maybe like you pick an item to donate and pick a message to go with it it would kinda hard to do this though, but nice idea
Webkinslover420 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

Webkinz and Webkinz Insider are too multi-cultural for this to work. You have to remember that "Our Troops" - are not everybody's troops, and you wouldn't be able to support one group or nation without hurting someone else's feelings or ruffling their feathers. I like the idea of Webkinz for Peace though! If more people spent time playing in Webkinz World then in playing 'mature' video games (... somewhat of an oxymoron...), I think the general stress level would decrease, and the happiness level increase. I know WW is one of MY happy places!
jazzinmarch is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Great idea, however there could be 3 problems.

1. They do not have much time to play games such as Webkinz; they are serving our country and trying to make peace.

2. They have limited computers over there.

3. If they did find a way to snag a computer, the internet wouldn't be too great for a fast site like WW.

Nice thought, however.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #14
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Z Oreo
I think that WI should start a program where we send a webkinz to each person workig in the military... We could even make a special clothing line that says thank you on it and let them have a full camoflauge outfit... Do y'all agree?
About the second part of your idea, Z Oreo: more military clothing, and clothing that says Thank you to our Troops: You could start a new thread suggesting this in the Ideas for Ganz sub-forum:

Ideas For Ganz
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

If someone lives in a military community, why not get with some military members to see you could start up a webkinz for military program in your area? Figure out how to get it started and keep it running. Remember that one person can make a difference.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #16
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

This is a very cute and great idea! My co-worker and friend has a husband that was recently deployed for almost a year! Webkinz was a good way for her, him and their children to keep connected. I am sure the same situation would be the same for any soldier and their families, and not only that a good way to bring a warm smile and a brighter side of the situations.

My closet and I know I have plenty to donate! Im all for it!
Great post!

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
Great idea, however there could be 3 problems.

1. They do not have much time to play games such as Webkinz; they are serving our country and trying to make peace.

2. They have limited computers over there.

3. If they did find a way to snag a computer, the internet wouldn't be too great for a fast site like WW.

Nice thought, however.
Canes, I know that you have great points, but even just a plushy would bring a smile to their faces.
And they do have some down time, even if they're not devotees like us WI's, least their familes could feel good by sending them notes and gifts.

Last edited by AgtPix; 02-23-2010 at 11:52 PM..
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #17
webkinz_forever

I don't like this idea. It's webkinz, for goodness sake, what would they need them for? If they wanted webkinz, they could buy them. :/
Old 02-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #18
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
I don't like this idea. It's webkinz, for goodness sake, what would they need them for? If they wanted webkinz, they could buy them. :/
It's another way to stay connected to their kids. It's also a way for us to say 'thank you'.
I especially like the idea of giving the Webkinz to the kids.
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #19
Webkinz :)

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

Great Idea! It would definitely warm so many people's lives. But how can they log their webbies on? They don't have computers or internet...
brtswim is offline Female
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #20
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
If someone lives in a military community, why not get with some military members to see you could start up a webkinz for military program in your area? Figure out how to get it started and keep it running. Remember that one person can make a difference.
A lot of military communties (for full time servicemen) are equipped with great tools and programs for the kids and families.

It is the children of reservist soldiers that are usually forgotten...they live amongst "normal" families in "normal" communities and are often ostracized because no one else is in their situation and they are often uncomfortable in how to interact with a child whose parent is deployed.

I'd considered doing what you say, getting involved in a military group-but for me it is virtually impossible-my DH's unit is more than 100 miles away, and the families of his fellow soldiers are spread out even further. There are no meetings, there is no communication. To make it worse, many of his unit were transferred to another unit in a state 800 miles away, and that unit does have meetings for the kids...of course I am not going to drive 800 miles for this...

This is why I think some sort of program would be really nice for the kids-although implementing it is a whole other problem, I'm still at a loss of how to do it, and I've been contemplating it for over a year...

The best way that I have found, is to just approach the units on my own, and talk to the family readiness groups and donate webbies to them-they usually have lists of the soldiers with children...BUT it would be far better if there was some sort of centralized group making organized donations...
dragonbird is offline Female
Closed