Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Ok I have been reading some threads lately and I have to say they are horrible. People are posting stuff that is really mean and rude! I have been think about this for awhile and if the members of followed this it would be 10x easier for everybody.
1. Before you post something like "I didn't get the for my B-Day" think. What good will it do you? What will people say to you?
2. Before you post something like "You are so spoiled! Think about the poor people in other countries and get on with your life. Webkinz isn't the only thing in the world." to a thread like the thread example in 1. Think. What will the person reading this think? What will other people reading this think?
I think that is rude and uncalled for to post.
3. Before posting your opinion know the risk! Think what will people say if they don't agree? Will this cause a fight? Is it really worth sharing? Start a thread knowing the risks and thinking of the outcome. That could eliminate so much fighting on WI.
4. Before disagreeing with someone think: An I being nice about this disagreeing? Am I going to belittle someone's opinion? Am I being rude? Will I start a fight? Do I fully understand what I am saying or what I am reading?
5. Separate opinion from fact. Think about what your reading. It is fact or opinion? It does no good to go against fact so save yourself some time and think.
6. Ask if what you are saying is worth showing the whole world. Is your post rude or mean? Is it something meaningless that you should keep to yourself? Does it really add to anything?
7. Be nice. People are really rude about stuff like people complaining. It really drives me nuts! It is worse than the original poster because all it does is add to what the person said! Also be nice about what you post. Think about what your saying. Are you really telling someone am important thing or are you just yelling at them telling them how awful they are! That is really rude.
8. Remember the person you're talking to. Not seeing someone is a good excuse to yell and be mean. Think "If I was standing there with that person in front of me would I say that directly to their face?" I doubt you would.
9. When you make a thread think about what good it will do. Will it help someone or give them opportunity. Is it just a way to ramble? Before making a thread or post think about what it is good for.
10. This the most important one in my opinion. Remember the fun. Is this website about getting mad or fighting? No, it is about the fun of webkinz! It is supposed to be a fun place to discuss webkinz. Not a place to fight! Remember the purpose and think about why you are on here. To tell someone they are spoiled and rude or to have fun and talk about webkinz?
I hope you will take this in consideration. Think before you act is a good summary. I hope all of will see this! I think if people think about that would be more fun for all.
Here is what I post on some threads that are a little "complainy"
"Cheer Up! You've got life to live for!"
---------- cheekycatlover added 12 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------
Anyone at all?
Last edited by cheekycatlover; 02-16-2008 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
I always tell people, re-read your response before you post it. If you would be embarrassed to say the same thing to your grandmother, delete it.
Its very easy to forget your manners because the other person is not in front of you, but we all need to remember our words hurt just as deeply when they are written as if they were spoken face to face.
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.