Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Gifted

cheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to behold

Default WI would be nicer if...

Ok I have been reading some threads lately and I have to say they are horrible. People are posting stuff that is really mean and rude! I have been think about this for awhile and if the members of followed this it would be 10x easier for everybody.

1. Before you post something like "I didn't get the for my B-Day" think. What good will it do you? What will people say to you?

2. Before you post something like "You are so spoiled! Think about the poor people in other countries and get on with your life. Webkinz isn't the only thing in the world." to a thread like the thread example in 1. Think. What will the person reading this think? What will other people reading this think?
I think that is rude and uncalled for to post.

3. Before posting your opinion know the risk! Think what will people say if they don't agree? Will this cause a fight? Is it really worth sharing? Start a thread knowing the risks and thinking of the outcome. That could eliminate so much fighting on WI.

4. Before disagreeing with someone think: An I being nice about this disagreeing? Am I going to belittle someone's opinion? Am I being rude? Will I start a fight? Do I fully understand what I am saying or what I am reading?

5. Separate opinion from fact. Think about what your reading. It is fact or opinion? It does no good to go against fact so save yourself some time and think.

6. Ask if what you are saying is worth showing the whole world. Is your post rude or mean? Is it something meaningless that you should keep to yourself? Does it really add to anything?

7. Be nice. People are really rude about stuff like people complaining. It really drives me nuts! It is worse than the original poster because all it does is add to what the person said! Also be nice about what you post. Think about what your saying. Are you really telling someone am important thing or are you just yelling at them telling them how awful they are! That is really rude.

8. Remember the person you're talking to. Not seeing someone is a good excuse to yell and be mean. Think "If I was standing there with that person in front of me would I say that directly to their face?" I doubt you would.

9. When you make a thread think about what good it will do. Will it help someone or give them opportunity. Is it just a way to ramble? Before making a thread or post think about what it is good for.

10. This the most important one in my opinion. Remember the fun. Is this website about getting mad or fighting? No, it is about the fun of webkinz! It is supposed to be a fun place to discuss webkinz. Not a place to fight! Remember the purpose and think about why you are on here. To tell someone they are spoiled and rude or to have fun and talk about webkinz?

I hope you will take this in consideration. Think before you act is a good summary. I hope all of will see this! I think if people think about that would be more fun for all.

Here is what I post on some threads that are a little "complainy"

"Cheer Up! You've got life to live for!"

---------- cheekycatlover added 12 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

Anyone at all?

Last edited by cheekycatlover; 02-16-2008 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cheekycatlover is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Call me Hannah
Webkinz :)

iluvwebkinz234 is a jewel in the roughiluvwebkinz234 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: WI would be nicer if...

rep points 4 u! i tottaly agree!
iluvwebkinz234 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

I always tell people, re-read your response before you post it. If you would be embarrassed to say the same thing to your grandmother, delete it.

Its very easy to forget your manners because the other person is not in front of you, but we all need to remember our words hurt just as deeply when they are written as if they were spoken face to face.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 02-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
sprinklez00
Gift Guru

Sprinklez00 is a glorious beacon of lightSprinklez00 is a glorious beacon of lightSprinklez00 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, I agree excpet for rule #1 its doesn't make sence?
Sprinklez00 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
Lululover1997
Gifted

lululover1997 is a glorious beacon of lightlululover1997 is a glorious beacon of lightlululover1997 is a glorious beacon of light

100 percent correct! And i want to add something, "dont make a thread just for RP" but im giving u rep anyways
Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Gifted

cheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the posts everyone!
cheekycatlover is offline Female
Old 02-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
Gifted

Ella is on a distinguished road

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree with you completely. Why bother being mean and rude? All you do is hurt the other persons feelings, and it does no good to you.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
phuzz. Call me m00
Gifted

m00c0w is a jewel in the roughm00c0w is a jewel in the rough

rep points! awesomely worded, and so true!
m00c0w is offline Female
Old 02-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
Gifted
jkp197072 is a name known to alljkp197072 is a name known to alljkp197072 is a name known to all

YES! This concludes to Cherry's ," Come On WI, we can do better than this" It is about posers and the nice way to say stuff you don't like. I'll post a link.
jkp197072 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #10
danny360
Gifted

teddyfroggy is on a distinguished road

I agree, another thing is that you SHOULDN'T post if it is not nice. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Closed