Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default WI Username Change for WI Bucks

I've thrown out this idea here and there a couple times, but I want to get other people's opinions too.

I recently saw a thread asking if you like your username here on WI, and it made me think, what if you could change your username on WI, perhaps by spending WI Bucks (like 50,000 [just throwing out a random amount of WI Bucks]).

I think it would be a great idea to be able to change it for WI Bucks since there aren't many uses for WI Bucks anyways right now, other than a subscription to WI (which for me, is really no big deal).

AND if you changed it, there could be something that says something like 'Previously: MeWuvKitties' or something like that so it wouldn't confuse people. Also, there could be a limit to how often you could do it, like maybe every 6 months or something? (That way people couldn't change their username every week)

I know quite a few people have said that they don't really like their username anymore, or have gotten tired of them, so I think it would be a great way to use WI Bucks. Obviously if you like your username, you wouldn't need or want to use this feature, but for those who want to change it, this would be an easy way to do it. Also, by doing this, it would probably help lower the amount of multiple accounts on WI. On other sites I used to play on, the majority of the time, people only created new accounts because they didn't like their other name, so by doing this, it would probably reduce the amount of people who have more than one account.

I know that if I had the opportunity to change my username on here for WI Bucks that I would.
I only used this name because it's the same as my Webkinz World account.
At the time I joined, I was a member of many different websites, and I always got them confused, so I figured I would make this username the same as my Webkinz World username so that I wouldn't forget what it was.
But I just think 'MeWuvKitties' sounds too kiddy-ish, and I would really love the change it.
I already have my username picked out for what it would be if I could change it too.

MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

Pengu911 has disabled reputation

Default Re: WI Username Change for WI Bucks

Thats a great idea!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Fever32

CardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pretty neat idea, I think...but it may cause confusion. If there was someway to do this without confusion, it would be even better...
CarlyHooLuvsWebkinz
AKA CardnlFanCarly

Or something like that!

^^^but they'd have to keep their subname (in this case, cardnlfancarly)
CardnlFanCarly is offline Female
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

Good idea. On another site I go onto, you can change your username for "bucks."
Once you get your username changed though, under your user you have to put

"Was _____" for a specific time?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
Gifted

Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!

This is a good idea. Im thinking that this might cause a little confusion though? How will we know who was who? Maybe in a signature say "Was _____"
Sweets2 is offline Female
Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

Maybe under your username where you WW ID goes maybe we would have to put our old username there?

But I think it should cost more because a one month Insider Insider is 50,000.
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

They have this option on a few other sites I go on. The only problem I see in this is WI has a lot of members. The staff would have to check and see if the name requested is taken, and then if it is the member would have to think of something else. That sort of thing. vBulliten doesn't have that option like it has the subscriptions. It has to be manually done by the Staff.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

This has been suggested before and shot down. The answer is "no" because you can only have a username change if your current one is inappropriate, rude or gives too much personal info. Good idea, though.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
They have this option on a few other sites I go on. The only problem I see in this is WI has a lot of members. The staff would have to check and see if the name requested is taken, and then if it is the member would have to think of something else. That sort of thing. vBulliten doesn't have that option like it has the subscriptions. It has to be manually done by the Staff.
I would be simple and go to the register page and type in the name I would change to. But I wouldn't be making a new account, of course, just checking if the name I want is taken. That, I think members can do themselves.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #10
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

It could be approved.
They can get specific mods for that.
jorking is offline Female
Closed