Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
Ziffster is a jewel in the roughZiffster is a jewel in the rough

Default WI Time Savers

I never have enough time! The tracker threads and 'rare of the day' let me get more out of WW in less time. I thought of of couple of little things which would improve this even more.
  1. Tweeter Like Feeds or email notification for the tracker threads (& PJ Specials) so I wouldn't have to keep checking.
  2. Some way to help me find really good posts- Maybe more posts at the top, more use of post ratings or perhaps an index of 'Top Posts'
What do you think?

WI is a great resource, almost too good with the tons of stuff to sort through.
Ziffster is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: WI Time Savers

I like idea number 1, but 2 could turn into too much of a contest.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 05-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

I agree with canesfan. Number one sounds like a good idea, but maybe a little much work for the staff, but number 2 probably will never happen, it might make people feel bad about their posts.
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Webkinz :)
Ziffster is a jewel in the roughZiffster is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
2 could turn into too much of a contest.
I'm sorry if I don't respond quicker - actually normally I wouldn't even be able to respond but my soccer game got cancelled due to a thunderstorm so I am bored so I thought I look around WI for a while.

But could that not also be said for the ones that already are at the top OR are these all written by admins? For exanple in the guides section all of the following are always at the top (this seems to be the only section where this is really done):

How to Make "CLICKABLE" Links in your Siggy!
How to Clear Your Cache, especially after Webkinz updates!!
How to make Symbols → ►☺♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ • ♪ ♫ ☼ ½ ¼ on your LAPTOP!!
How to take Pics, Save it, & Put it on the Site
How to get Stuck Items out of a Doorway!
How to Give Reputation and Much More
♦UnderWater Pet FAQ
YOUR Complete Profile Guide w/Pictures, Tips & Rules!
How to unstick a stuck item on a table: A guide w/ picts
PoTM Loot Bag Help Guide ..
How to Create a Strong Password
How to Report a Webkinz World Glitch

Thinking about it - as long as it was done fairly what would be wrong with a competition for 'most usefull time saving tips'? Just a thought.
Ziffster is offline Female
Old 05-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Ziffster
I'm sorry if I don't respond quicker - actually normally I wouldn't even be able to respond but my soccer game got cancelled due to a thunderstorm so I am bored so I thought I look around WI for a while.

But could that not also be said for the ones that already are at the top OR are these all written by admins? For exanple in the guides section all of the following are always at the top (this seems to be the only section where this is really done):

How to Make "CLICKABLE" Links in your Siggy!
How to Clear Your Cache, especially after Webkinz updates!!
How to make Symbols → ►☺♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ • ♪ ♫ ☼ ½ ¼ on your LAPTOP!!
How to take Pics, Save it, & Put it on the Site
How to get Stuck Items out of a Doorway!
How to Give Reputation and Much More
♦UnderWater Pet FAQ
YOUR Complete Profile Guide w/Pictures, Tips & Rules!
How to unstick a stuck item on a table: A guide w/ picts
PoTM Loot Bag Help Guide ..
How to Create a Strong Password
How to Report a Webkinz World Glitch

Thinking about it - as long as it was done fairly what would be wrong with a competition for 'most usefull time saving tips'? Just a thought.
Actually, most of them aren't. All of the WI staff either have a blue or red user name color and either a moderator or administrator badge.

Just because a thread is a "sticky" doesn't necessarily mean they were written by a staff member, if the staff think the thread is extraordinary, they will make it a sticky for the good of all the other members so they can find it easier.
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 05-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

All of the ones at the top were looked at closely by WI staff members. They thought that they would be the most help to WI members
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

I like your first idea!

but WI has never endorsed the ideas of "top posts" or picking the Best OF anything.....just to keep everything equal and keep the sanctity of the reason for WI.

they do not promote Post races.....Picking one post over another......saying which is the Favored Post. Feelings get hurt and that is not the purpose of a site such as WI.

To preserve the reason for WI's existence........ I believe your first idea is a good one!!!!

however....the second one..........goes against WI policy.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Welcome! and hope to see you around WI! with more ideas and contributions and friend making!!!

Last edited by Webberlily; 05-06-2010 at 01:02 AM..
Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Hi Ziffster! For your suggestion #1, the Rares are usually tweeted when they first appear, both Curio Shop Rares and PJ's Outlet rare clothing. The Curio Shop Rare first appears in Asia, 14 hours before North America Eastern Time, and that's when it is tweeted. It doesn't get re-tweeted when it shows up again in european time zone or in North America, once is enough. However, PJ's outlet gives no advance warning of the sale of rare clothing. These rare clothing sales will get tweeted as soon as humanly possible, but you have to access a computer fairly soon to get those rares.

If you have a Twitter account, you can arrange to have these messages sent to your mobile device. This would be the best way to save you time. The usual texting rate will apply to your phone bill.

Lots more info on Tweets in our WIKI here:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/wiki/Twitter

Last edited by Webberlily; 05-06-2010 at 01:41 AM..
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #10
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

Thanks Webberlily!!
Closed